DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Strong In-House Decisions For Coaching Staff

Look at his coaching background and you see that Mike Groh has touched every part of an offense in his career. He’s worked with quarterbacks after his career at the position at the University of Virginia. Wide receivers, well, we saw the brilliant job last year with the Eagles’ group. Offensive coordinator? Check. Did that for three seasons at Virginia ...

View the full article

Losing coaches is a good sign they have been proven to have some success and always will be there when you can continue to be Champs. Good for Groh though it sounds like he has worked hard to get this chance. Lets hope he can pick up where Reich left off. Even though we all know Doug calls the plays.

Trading for Michael Bennett. Giving up Johnson and a fifth round pick. This move almost foretells the next move: One of our DEs is about to get traded away.

Wow, not sure I like this move. Bennett has only be a ME character and does not fit this culture at all. He is going to be a cancer in the locker room.

Could be a life changing move for Bennett, one where he learns there are mature ways to go about raising social awareness. At 32 it's about time he grew up - Long, Jenkins will show him the way there.

Pats release Michael Bennetts' bro TE Martellus to get out of a 2 mill signing bonus

Folks in Philly know how disruptive Brandon Graham was in 2017. Here's how Michael Bennett compared (some help from @PFF on this)

Graham: 9.5 sacks, 45 QB hurries, 4 QB hits

Bennett: 8.5 sacks, 44 QB hurries, 16 QB hits

— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaroNBCS) March 7, 2018

Eagles traded a 7 and Matt Tobin to Seattle for a 5. Seattle than traded a 7 and Michael Bennett for a 5 and Marcus Johnson.

The Eagles basically traded Matt Tobin and Marcus Johnson for Michael Bennett, lol.

— Jimmy Kempski (@JimmyKempski) March 7, 2018

Bennett had 8.5 sacks last year. Curry had 3.5.

Bennett’s base salary: 2018: 1.65 m, 2019: 6 m, 2020: 7.5 m (only 1.7 guaranteed)

Curry’s base salary: 2018: 9 m, 2019: 9.25 m, 2020: 10.25 m

In other words, the Eagles got a better player at a fraction of the cost.

— Philly Special (@PatrickMCausey) March 7, 2018

On Vinny Curry: $5M of his $9m base salary becomes fully gtd on 3/18. So, expect his situation to be resolved well before then.

— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) March 7, 2018

I don't even know what to say anymore about Howie...I mean he knows we likely can't keep Curry so what does he do??? goes out and swings a trade for Bennett and we got him cheap a 5th plus Marcus Johnson(our 5th-6th string WR)

5 hours ago, 08GSXR said:

Wow, not sure I like this move. Bennett has only be a ME character and does not fit this culture at all. He is going to be a cancer in the locker room.

I mean same was said for Ajayi a strong locker room and good coach fixes a ton of things...I think Bennett is outspoken but I don't think he is a cancer 

Eagles have a ton of really good leaders as well on both sides of the ball 

Eagles got some work to do to get our cap to work but Howie will figure it out.....Extending Graham, doing something with Curry and reworking Cox could be 3 realistic moves for our FO......Still see Foles getting traded as well at some point......

Would be nice to get something more than the savings for Curry. The Parks article makes sense, parsed it all out to the point where we may be able to re-sign Bradham, then take care of Graham later in the OS.

Can we start the season now?

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Now if Howie gets something from Curry in a trade man is a miracle worker 

I'm 1/2 expecting this to happen today, it's after midnight lol

1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Eagles got some work to do to get our cap to work but Howie will figure it out.....Extending Graham, doing something with Curry and reworking Cox could be 3 realistic moves for our FO......Still see Foles getting traded as well at some point......

He'll clear 5 million by trading Torrey Smith to the Ravens for a late round pick.

I really think that's coming, the Ravens were interested in him last year before he signed with the Eagles, they're looking for WR help, so it fits.

11 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I mean same was said for Ajayi a strong locker room and good coach fixes a ton of things...I think Bennett is outspoken but I don't think he is a cancer 

Eagles have a ton of really good leaders as well on both sides of the ball 

Ajay was seen as complaining about not getting the touches and being involved enough. Bennett made enough headlines outside of football causing issues because he wouldnt comply. Never liked him and still wont. Lets just hope he can keep quiet and not be a distraction this next year. He should only be here for one year any way.

My concern as well.

Seattle trading a pro bowl DE for an unproven WR has red flags all over it. 

Believe we have the moral strength in the locker room to guide Bennett in the right direction. Read somewhere yesterday Bennett had as many ( 15? ) OS callls last yr as the Eagles' D. The coaches and squad will have to work on his anticipation and timing.

I think people need to relax a bit and understand the media influences everything.  They need to make a story ...ie Ajayi, Bennett etc.  WE hear it from the outside, but not from the inside.   A new guy comes from a non playoff, past their prime, fizzling organization onto the SB champs who are on the rise .... and you are worried that he will be bad in the locker room with the other 60 plus guys?   Really?    Really?   Really?   How about just one time that one of our guys says "STFU" and then he listens ... you don't think he realizes what a lucky break this is for his career getting out of that Seattle situation?  Get a clue!   This isn't your DeSean/ LeSean  ME type locker room anymore...    Being current champs gives them all the backing needed to say... "hey, come here and be part of the team, it isnt about being an ignorant, self centered player"    And furthermore... you are a stud player that just got traded ... you have a foot up your butt to try to prove that other team wrong.  

Howie makes a great move and yet you still gotta complain about something ... BRUTAL!  

12 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Now if Howie gets something from Curry in a trade man is a miracle worker 

Rumor has it that Howie has told teams at the combine that both Curry or Graham were available for the right price. Of course everyone is thinking Curry will go including myself but stranger things have happened. Curry may have agreed to a restructure now that is team friendly and Graham could be the guy who goes in a trade because of a higher draft pick offer.