DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Strong In-House Decisions For Coaching Staff

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think people need to relax a bit and understand the media influences everything.  They need to make a story ...ie Ajayi, Bennett etc.  WE hear it from the outside, but not from the inside.   A new guy comes from a non playoff, past their prime, fizzling organization onto the SB champs who are on the rise .... and you are worried that he will be bad in the locker room with the other 60 plus guys?   Really?    Really?   Really?   How about just one time that one of our guys says "STFU" and then he listens ... you don't think he realizes what a lucky break this is for his career getting out of that Seattle situation?  Get a clue!   This isn't your DeSean/ LeSean  ME type locker room anymore...    Being current champs gives them all the backing needed to say... "hey, come here and be part of the team, it isnt about being an ignorant, self centered player"    And furthermore... you are a stud player that just got traded ... you have a foot up your butt to try to prove that other team wrong.  

Howie makes a great move and yet you still gotta complain about something ... BRUTAL!  

Joe, on top of that, the Eagles have the locker room for it and, if he were to get too far out of line, the Eagles can cut him with no cap hit.

Rumor has it that Sherman will be getting cut very soon and will probably sign a one year prove it deal coming off of surgery. Sherman will be 30 years old this month. Not so sure I would be interested in his services however it could explain why the Eagles could be interested in trading Darby on the last year of his contract for a draft pick and possibly signing Sherman on a one year deal.  LOL

18 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Joe, on top of that, the Eagles have the locker room for it and, if he were to get too far out of line, the Eagles can cut him with no cap hit.

DC, I basically said the first part of your post ... your point on the cap hit ... it's true now, my guess is a restructure to save some cap space, so there should be some dead money .   But the bigger point that I didn't mention ... this guy won a SB ... when you win a title, usually there is that hunger to get back and win another one.  He has been trying to repeat for a while now.  He could make a case that he should have SB #2 if it wasn't for that INT blunder (apparently thats a big thing with the Seatlle defensive players)   His bro  has won one with NE... getting #2 gets one up on him.  People forget this stuff.   Stop worrying about silly things.  Carson Wentz, Jason Peters, Malcolm Jenkins own that locker room ... you know ... the one that calls themselves CHAMPS!  Current champs... not from 5 years ago.   Bennett is lucky to be here ... forget about all things Meek Mill or whatever.  

I'm holding my Bennett judgement until he gives reason to complain while he's an Eagle. I don't buy into the social justice campaigns but as long as i don't think it effects the team atmosphere or my sincere liking of the team's personality then i can deal. I'd be a hypocrite if i didn't admit that i've been able to 'look the other way' when it came to some other players in the past.

From a pure football standpoint i think it improves our defense.

10 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

I really think that's coming, the Ravens were interested in him last year before he signed with the Eagles, they're looking for WR help, so it fits

Not sure this happens would be nice but doubtful...Think most teams know we are not likely to keep Torrey Smith and will release him to save the 5m 

Just now, joemas6 said:

DC, I basically said the first part of your post ... your point on the cap hit ... it's true now, my guess is a restructure to save some cap space, so there should be some dead money .   But the bigger point that I didn't mention ... this guy won a SB ... when you win a title, usually there is that hunger to get back and win another one.  He has been trying to repeat for a while now.  He could make a case that he should have SB #2 if it wasn't for that INT blunder (apparently thats a big thing with the Seatlle defensive players)   His bro  has won one with NE... getting #2 gets one up on him.  People forget this stuff.   Stop worrying about silly things.  Carson Wentz, Jason Peters, Malcolm Jenkins own that locker room ... you know ... the one that calls themselves CHAMPS!  Current champs... not from 5 years ago.   Bennett is lucky to be here ... forget about all things Meek Mill or whatever.  

Yeah, according to Sheil Kapadia they can turn his $3 million roster bonus into a signing bonus which would be spread out over the rest of his contract, which is what? So it would drop his cap hit this year to what? $3.65 or whatever it is?

This is yet another very good deal by Howie.

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not sure this happens would be nice but doubtful...Think most teams know we are not likely to keep Torrey Smith and will release him to save the 5m 

We'll see, but at this point, you can't put anything passed Howie.

2 hours ago, 08GSXR said:

Ajay was seen as complaining about not getting the touches and being involved enough. Bennett made enough headlines outside of football causing issues because he wouldnt comply. Never liked him and still wont. Lets just hope he can keep quiet and not be a distraction this next year. He should only be here for one year any way.

The story on Ajayi was pretty much the same he was a distraction in the locker room was to vocal...would cause issues in our RB room etc. I don't have to like Bennett as a person or agree with the guy same with Ajayi and every other player...But I don't see him as a cancer or affecting our team because of it either....Again we have a strong locker room with great leaders and a great coaching staff 1 player isn't going to break that. 

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

We'll see, but at this point, you can't put anything passed Howie.

I don't put anything past Howie man is a master trader I mean can you think of any GM that has pull off more trades then Howie and he almost always seems to win in the trades also.....What is the date the Eagles have to be under the cap????? isn't it coming up soon 

42 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Rumor has it that Howie has told teams at the combine that both Curry or Graham were available for the right price. Of course everyone is thinking Curry will go including myself but stranger things have happened. Curry may have agreed to a restructure now that is team friendly and Graham could be the guy who goes in a trade because of a higher draft pick offer.

I have mentioned Graham a few times as a possible trade bait player simple fact is he is going to be 30 on his final year he had a great season.....

Swoop ... here is the big thing to remember .  You and me ... we are irrelevant in this equation.  What matters is the players and coaches and people within that locker room and organization.   Not if Bob from Northeast Philly likes a player or not.   It might matter to you .. or it might not.  That's your personal thing... and you should own it.    Micheal Bennett is irrelevant in the equation of life outside his play.   Jenkins does great with the causes, thats a leader... a man who actually does things.   Lurie has made it known for a while ... he is a "talk is cheap owner" , he likes his players to actually do something.   So Jalen Mills can wag his finger, Michael Bennett can talk all he wants ... it won't fly unless they perform on the field and do stuff in the community.   I think Lurie has proven that over the years.   It's really the one thing that has made him a popular owner over the years.  Guys around the league know this.    They come here, they need to fall in line.   

5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

What is the date the Eagles have to be under the cap????? isn't it coming up soon 

4 P.M next Wednesday, which is also the start of the new league year. 

5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I have mentioned Graham a few times as a possible trade bait player simple fact is he is going to be 30 on his final year he had a great season.....

I don't think they move Graham, I think an extension is in the works which could lower is 2018 cap #

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

4 P.M next Wednesday, which is also the start of the new league year. 

So this should be a fairly busy week for our Eagles lot of moves are likely to happen....Should be interesting to see what happens 

I believe its March 14th at 4pm that the Eagles need to be under the cap.    The restructuring of deals ... say Lane, Kelce, Cox, Brooks ... the sooner it gets done the more leverage they would have in trading Curry or Foles if that is their thinking.   I would be shocked if Smith isnt released before the weekend, usually the classy move is to allow the player they like more time to go make a deal with another team.  Doing it before FA starts allows them to maximize their situation.   That's a no brainer to me.  

Just now, Don Corleone said:

I don't think they move Graham, I think an extension is in the works which could lower is 2018 cap #

I think this is more likely also just saying I would not be shocked if we got the right offer for Graham that we moved him 

YEP ... busy 5-7 days coming!   Breaking news can happen at any time at this point.   

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So this should be a fairly busy week for our Eagles lot of moves are likely to happen....Should be interesting to see what happens 

Oh yeah, business is about to pick up.

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Swoop ... here is the big thing to remember .  You and me ... we are irrelevant in this equation.  What matters is the players and coaches and people within that locker room and organization.   Not if Bob from Northeast Philly likes a player or not.   It might matter to you .. or it might not.  That's your personal thing... and you should own it.    Micheal Bennett is irrelevant in the equation of life outside his play.   Jenkins does great with the causes, thats a leader... a man who actually does things.   Lurie has made it known for a while ... he is a "talk is cheap owner" , he likes his players to actually do something.   So Jalen Mills can wag his finger, Michael Bennett can talk all he wants ... it won't fly unless they perform on the field and do stuff in the community.   I think Lurie has proven that over the years.   It's really the one thing that has made him a popular owner over the years.  Guys around the league know this.    They come here, they need to fall in line.   

When discussing my liking of the team, my opinion of the players are highly relevant to the equation. Of course it has no bearing on the team; our entire collective existence on the internet has no bearing on the team. But if a team ends up being full of players I personally can't stand, that affects me. And frankly, i'm the only one i'm concerned about. I'm not worried about our locker room presence. I just don't want to be a fan of a team with people i consider to be huge d-heads. I'm not by any means saying it's headed in that direction, which is why i say i won't complain until given reason.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The restructuring of deals ... say Lane

He's an interesting case, he has no guaranteed money because it was voided after his last suspension. He has a $10.25 million base salary this year and a cap # over $12 million, there's definitely room to maneuver there.

I'd be surprised if we move Graham.  His contract is in his last year, best time to redo the deal... easiest when it comes to controlling the cap hits.  Curry on the other hand is a problem due to there really isnt a way to significantly do it without him taking less pay.  Graham can just be extended, take more money up front, and still get a lower cap hit.  Graham is a better player, offers the ability to play the LDE spot and really seems to be peaking, not getting worse.  I think its no-brainer... really what would the offer be to trade him?  Don't see them getting it from another team to where it would be worth doing.  

RE: Howie and his trades

Here's a reverse look at all 14 Roseman has made since retaking personnel control after the 2015 season:

Seahawks — Get Michael Bennet, 7th-rounder. Give Marcus Johnson, 5th-rounder. 

Dolphins — Get Jay Ajayi. Give up 4th-rounder. 

Saints — Get 7th-rounder. Give up Jon Dorenbos.

Jets — Get Dexter McDougle. Give up Terrence Brooks. 

Seahawks — Get 5th-rounder. Give up Matt Tobin, 7th-rounder.

Bills — Get Ronald Darby. Give up Jordan Matthews, 3rd-round pick.

Broncos — Get conditional pick. Give up Allen Barbre. 

Ravens — Get Tim Jernigan, 3rd-rounder. Give up 3rd-rounder (higher pick). 

Patriots — Get 4th-rounder. Give up Eric Rowe. 

Vikings — Get 1st-rounder, 4th-rounder. Give up Sam Bradford. 

Titans — Get Dorial Green-Beckham. Give up Dennis Kelly. 

Broncos — Get conditional pick. Give up Mark Sanchez. 

Titans — Get 4th-rounder. Give up DeMarco Murray, 4th-rounder.

Dolphins — Get No. 8 pick. Give up Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell, No. 13 pick.

That's pretty impressive

The Saints/Jon Dorenbos trade I believe was voided, but the rest? He's done a fine job.

4 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

When discussing my liking of the team, my opinion of the players are highly relevant to the equation. Of course it has no bearing on the team; our entire collective existence on the internet has no bearing on the team. But if a team ends up being full of players I personally can't stand, that affects me. And frankly, i'm the only one i'm concerned about. I'm not worried about our locker room presence. I just don't want to be a fan of a team with people i consider to be huge d-heads. I'm not by any means saying it's headed in that direction, which is why i say i won't complain until given reason.

Chip got rid of the D-heads .... but it bothered enough of us because those guys could play a little.   Really, at this point you look at the locker room... have we ever had a team in any of the 4 sports more likable off the field than this team.   One guy on a football team  is one of 53 or 63 ... the other sports have half that roster with hockey and baseball... and a 5th of that with basketball.   So on the most likeable team with the biggest roster ...coming off a title ...  the fact its even a thought of one guy being a problem ....baffles me.  

6 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

He's an interesting case, he has no guaranteed money because it was voided after his last suspension. He has a $10.25 million base salary this year and a cap # over $12 million, there's definitely room to maneuver there.

DC... this is the obvious one!    They can save $7 or 8 mil in cap hit by dolng this.

For whatever it's worth, his parting words to Seattle, its fans and mentioning his family with a religious tone brings something that fits with the Eagles locker room and DP also.  IMO, Bennett is outspoken on social issues outside the locker room just like Jenkins and Long are but when it comes time to play, he plays with social philosophy being left at the doorstep to the locker room. I read somewhere where Seattle players liked his locker room demeanor and team spirit.  I'm sure Howie and our pro scouts, etc. did their due diligence on this before pulling the trigger.  That being said,  whats wrong with a one year contract structured as a signing bonus for no cap hit and a disruptive D lineman where players from other teams in his conference are quoted as saying they're glad he's gone,  from RBs and QBs alike?  

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

DC... this is the obvious one!    They can save $7 or 8 mil in cap hit by dolng this.

Yup, Johnson, with Celek and Torrey Smith will likely be enough to get the Eagles under the cap.