DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Strong In-House Decisions For Coaching Staff

Good stuff Joe. Howie has caught the league's attention as to how he works the cap. He is a freaking magician! I used to worry about the Cap, but no longer do. I have come to your side of the table in that regard. I will leave the Bennett saga go too. As I said, I hope it turns out OK. He does allot of good things behind the scene in charity work. My only issue is his mouth. He just seems he cannot stay away from tweeting the dumbest.....#$%^. Anyway, I agree we should move on. It is not an issue until it is.

The next few days are going to be interesting. I can see a restructure of Johnson's contract. A trade for Foles. Curry getting cut along with Smith. Not sure what they do with Peters and Celek, but something will have to happen there also. Did I miss anyone?

April 14th My youngest Daughter is getting Married. It is not cheap to do a wedding and I certainly am glad I only have 2 daughters. Of course I married into another daughter who got married last fall.....  Anyway, there is a bridal shower on Sunday and all of the men are coming over to my place. I decided to smoke some Ribs and Pork Belly. Guessing is my spread will outdo theirs lol. She lives in Worchester MA and works in the Forensic dept of the local PD. He is an accountant. I am broke..... Enuff said....

On Bennett's penalties: He played almost every snap on Defense. He had to because Seattle had no one else. He had like 12 or 16 off sides calls during the season. Just by playing in a platoon system such as ours that will be cut in half. I am sure this can be fixed and should not be a huge issue going forward.

Thanks for that Stine. Been sick and didn't sleep, so although I read both stats on his number of plays ( think it was like 965 ) and the 16 OS, didn't put them together. Most plays for our players were mid 600's.

With our past exp w/ the wide 9, I was worried when Schwartz was going to use it. His is more refined, a hybrid, and really like his rotation.

Sign our guys and start the season already!

Ordering the Kelce "Nobody Likes US and We Don't Care" t-shirt.

BTW - the new dvd does NOT contain the entire SB, keeping it on the dvr along w/ the parade until I get a dvd that does.

55 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks for that Stine. Been sick and didn't sleep, so although I read both stats on his number of plays ( think it was like 965 ) and the 16 OS, didn't put them together. Most plays for our players were mid 600's.

With our past exp w/ the wide 9, I was worried when Schwartz was going to use it. His is more refined, a hybrid, and really like his rotation.

BTW - the new dvd does NOT contain the entire SB, keeping it on the dvr along w/ the parade until I get a dvd that does.

Where can I get that T???

Maybe we trade 1 or 2 for other FA's.Maybe a LB and/or an OT to back up/compete with Big V.That would open up our draft options if we had those players already in place.Seems to me that would be an excellent strategy especially if we can get those players and a pick somewhere

Eagles talked to Chris Long about Bennett before the trade, also says he doesn't know if he's returning for the 2018 season

What are your thoughts on Philly taking on Michael Bennet as another defensive end?

CL: They asked me about Mike before the trade, because I know Mike. And I gave him a glowing recommendation, because I really do think Mike is an awesome dude and a great player. He’s been as good an inside/out rusher as I’ve seen in my time in the league, one of my favorite guys to watch. His age doesn’t matter as much, because he plays with great technique.

So are you going to go back to Philly next year?

CL: I don’t know yet. I’m working something out right now. At 32, you have limited time left to play the game you love, so the role has to be exactly right for me. I can still play at a high level, and I’m hungry to play, but every player my age has to weigh how they want to go out. The 25-year-old me would tell the 32-year-old me to take the two rings and go start the next chapter in life, but it’s never simple when you still have gas left in the tank. We’ll have to see what shakes out. So short answer, I have no idea. I love Philly though. The city would make it hard to walk away.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/3/9/17097868/chris-long-michael-bennet-philadelphia-eagles-future-kilimanjaro

I love this trade but like everyone else has mentioned it seems there is an odd man out somewhere on the Dline. Lets take another look at this though. I have seen reports Curry isnt willing to take a pay cut before the trade went down but this move could force his hand to take a cut if he wants to continue to play for his favorite team.. If he does we have 3 DE that can slide into DT when we go all pass rushers and Cox can slide from inside out as well. We have the most versatile Dline in the game today. Could you see Curry, Bennett, Cox, Graham on the field at the same time. Talk about a pass rush.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

OK, I dug up all of the penalties called against Bennett. Actually, of the 16 total, 8 were off side and 2 were neutral zone infractions. Of those 10 total, 7 were called in the 4th quarter. We all know that most mistakes happen when you are gassed. I think it is fairly safe to say these will decline next year..

here is the link  - http://www.nflpenalties.com/player/m-bennett-seattle-seahawks?year=2017

Edited by stine
added link

14 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I love this trade but like everyone else has mentioned it seems there is an odd man out somewhere on the Dline. Lets take another look at this though. I have seen reports Curry isnt willing to take a pay cut before the trade went down but this move could force his hand to take a cut if he wants to continue to play for his favorite team.. If he does we have 3 DE that can slide into DT when we go all pass rushers and Cox can slide from inside out as well. We have the most versatile Dline in the game today. Could you see Curry, Bennett, Cox, Graham on the field at the same time. Talk about a pass rush.

I would not mind keeping all, but Curry would have to take one heck of a pay cut, no? Not so sure they can afford to keep all now......

38 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I have seen reports Curry isnt willing to take a pay cut before the trade went down

Where did you see this?

Sherman to be released by SEA today. Someone wants a serious house-cleansing over there!

Rams are going to be very strong this year.

Still thinking about whether the Eagles will bring Bradham back. When you look at Bradham's stats he was no where near the same linebacker when he wasn't playing for Jim Schwartz. Look at his stats in 2014, 2016, and 2017 versus the other three years he played in the league. No comparison. Hopefully he realizes that before he makes up his mind on a new deal.

1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

Sherman to be released by SEA today. Someone wants a serious house-cleansing over there!

The so called experts are predicting that Sherman won't be signed by another team until later in the year like maybe June due to not being able to pass a physical before then. Time will tell I guess on whether another team is willing to take a chance on signing him prior to passing a physical. 

Supposedly SEA was floating his name in trade but there were no takers. I'm sure he commands a large pile of $ but it'll be interesting how it goes given what you said about not passing the physical yet.

1 minute ago, Swoopin' said:

Supposedly SEA was floating his name in trade but there were no takers.

No takers because he's 30 coming off an achilles tear with a bloated contract. A team that traded for him, would've been on the hook for $11 million, unless he was willing to re-do his deal, then it goes back to age and injury.

Well I guess the rumor mill was wrong again. Talib was rumored to the Patriots and Bennett to the Falcons. LOL