brdawk20

The Jeff Fisher Effect

The dream team.

32 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

He still sucked after fisher. 

But, but, but  he could have been somebody.

On 3/8/2018 at 7:26 AM, nveagle5 said:

The dream team.

But, but, but  he could have been somebody.

Jeff fisher absolutely f----- up Vince Young's development.......the guys was a physical freak and still raw despite his draft status......Fisher is a QB career killer......Geez, i don't know how that f------- guy became a HC and was one all those years.......

On 3/8/2018 at 11:59 AM, birdman#12 said:

Jeff fisher absolutely f----- up Vince Young's development.......the guys was a physical freak and still raw despite his draft status......Fisher is a QB career killer......Geez, i don't know who that f------- guy became a HC and was one all those years.......

McNair some how survived his bad coaching that's how. 

Fisher's problem was that he didn't suck flat out enough to get perma fired. Dude did just enough to make you think he was on the cusp of turning it around... but never did. He'd also have a one of those games every year where you were like how did they win that, like that crazy punt return the rams had against the Seahawks. Further tricking you into him being a good coach which he most definitely was not.

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Horsesh--.......Steve McNair should have had a HOF career.......fisher f----- him up too.  And you've already shown how little you know about QBs.....

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

Horsesh--.......Steve McNair should have had a HOF career.......fisher f----- him up too.  And you've already shown how little you know about QBs.....

Um ok, don't think I said anything that deserved that kind of reply.  

Also I was saying Fisher survived so long because McNair still had a pretty good career despite Fisher is what I was saying. Yes he could an even better career if he had a better head coach. 

I for the most part stay out of QB discussions and when I do get invloved I'm usually agreeing with you so I'm not sure what your problem is. 

9 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Um ok, don't think I said anything that deserved that kind of reply.  

Also I was saying Fisher survived so long because McNair still had a pretty good career despite Fisher is what I was saying. Yes he could an even better career if he had a better head coach. 

I for the most part stay out of QB discussions and when I do get invloved I'm usually agreeing with you so I'm not sure what your problem is. 

I apologize.....sorry........I got you confused with another poster......

12 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Good point. This speaks to McNair's greatness. It makes you wonder what he could have become under the right circumstances.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:01 AM, SBorBust said:

Good point. This speaks to McNair's greatness. It makes you wonder what he could have become under the right circumstances.

Mcnabb or McNair? Who was better? McNair was tough as nails but mcnabb had more success I believe and a flashier highlight real. 

On 3/7/2018 at 8:59 PM, brdawk20 said:

fishereffect.jpg.121865312e07a31ec8df03aaeb8e408d.jpg

^^^^THIS!

This is why I see the Eagles getting MUCH more for Foles than most think.  

I don't think Fisher was necessarily a horrible coach, but he definitely suffered from Buddy Ryan syndrome. If he had hired a great OC and let that guy do what he does best, Fisher's career (and the QB's under him) may have been more successful. 

I'm sure part of Fisher being able to stick around was his membership on the competition committee. That's considered a prestigous post, and you have to believe ownership loved having a voice in those meetings.

I thought Fisher's career was over after the Vince Young stuff happened in Tennessee. By then I felt he had become an old-school guy who couldn't relate to modern players.... I don't know why the Rams went out and hired him after that. 

13 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Mcnabb or McNair? Who was better? McNair was tough as nails but mcnabb had more success I believe and a flashier highlight real. 

They were pretty similar, but McNabb had the better career.  Donovan's situation was obviously better in Philly - unfortunately, McNabb also never really had legit WR's minus 2-3 seasons.

8 hours ago, Jupiter520 said:

They were pretty similar, but McNabb had the better career.  Donovan's situation was obviously better in Philly - unfortunately, McNabb also never really had legit WR's minus 2-3 seasons.

They were not all that similar.

McNabb was better than McNair in just about every single way you can rate a QB.

McNair's peak was a co-MVP popularity contest tie in 2003.  McNabb's 2004 was far better than that 2003 season.

McNair had 6 TDs and 11 picks in the playoffs.

His last playoff game in Baltimore 2006 is one of the 40 worst QB performances in NFL History. Manning was begging to lose that game but he won 15-6 because McNair was completely inept.