mateagle2

2019 #1 and #2 and #4 for Foles

With a june 1 trade for Foles only having a 600k dead money and 7mil cap savings, seems like a real opportunity to bilk a QB needy team.

With so many QBs in Free Agency and the draft, who they don't have to trade anything for, what team is desperate enough to offer that much for Foles? Is Foles really that better than every other QB?

48 minutes ago, toolg said:

With so many QBs in Free Agency and the draft, who they don't have to trade anything for, what team is desperate enough to offer that much for Foles? Is Foles really that better than every other QB?

Well, he's better than all the free agents out there.....I think cousins included....and he's better than any kid in the draft, at least right now......Foles is 29....and could get a team to the playoffs and be contenders for the next 3-4 years, given the right circumstance.

Not to mention he'd be cheaper than Cousins, and could be a great mentor for a young QB....he's well respected by teammates and would be a respectable face of the franchise.

7 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Not to mention he'd be cheaper than Cousins

Foles's current contract is cheaper, yes... But it also self-destructs after next season. If I am trading a bundle of picks for him, I want to renegotiate that thing.. Then what does his contract go up to?

Most teams are already set at QB. And I see a surplus of QBs in Free Agency and the draft for those who are looking. I don't see a team giving up a bundle of picks for Foles, when they have so many others to choose from.

If I really want Foles, I think I just wait for the contract to self-destruct and take him as a Free Agent next year.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Foles's current contract is cheaper, yes... But it also self-destructs after next season. If I am trading a bundle of picks for him, I want to renegotiate that thing.. Then what does his contract go up to?

Most teams are already set at QB. And I see a surplus of QBs in Free Agency and the draft for those who are looking. I don't see a team giving up a bundle of picks for Foles, when they have so many others to choose from.

If I really want Foles, I think I just wait for the contract to self-destruct and take him as a Free Agent next year.

Well, I think that would be a two way street, I think Foles wouldn't go anywhere without a 4 year extension agreeement.....besides, if he hits free agency, there's competition that could drive up his price.

I think a team that has a decent roster right now, like denver and arizona, would be good trading partners and would benefit greatly from obtaining and signing foles.  Arizona has NO QBs under contract, and Denver has been horrible in QB evaluation and certainly can't risk putting another inexperienced QB out there and him struggling while he develops. 

Arizona and denver both have the draft capital to make a trade and they both have the cap space.  Denver has made a lot of noise about Cousins, but Foles probalby wouldn't be asking for 30 million a year, but in the 18-20 million range.

Folks  had a great 2 game stretch, any GM's that gives up for than a mid round pick for him is a moron. 

4 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Folks  had a great 2 game stretch, any GM's that gives up for than a mid round pick for him is a moron. 

His body of work destroys daks.

13 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

His body of work destroys daks.

By virtue of winning a SB Foles body of work destroys a lot of qb's, but it was still a 2 game hot streak and a gm would be beyond dumb to give up a 1st or even a 2nd for a QB based off 2 games. 

Believe me, I'd love for you guys to roll forward with Foles, and I'd take Dak over him any day. I've always said Dak isn't elite, but Eagle fans like to pretend Dak sucks...this past year would you take the Dall OL over phillys? Zeke for 10 games or the eagles backs for 16? Dallas' wr's over philly's? Nobody would...Dak had 28td's and 13ints....hardly a bad year....when the Dallas OL is playing well and they have a elite running gam Dak puts up Great numbers, before Zeke was suspended and the left side of the OL got hurt week 8 or so, he was on pace for 38ish td's and 9ints....

you put Foles in Dallas and he wouldn't make a bit of difference, with a lousy OC, leaky OL due to injury and a average run game (when Zeke was out) he'd ish his pants

5 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

You mean except his second year when he was unbelievable or his third year when he went 6-2 before being traded to the Jeff Fisher vortex?

Foles is the man bruh. And to be honest there’s no way I’d trade him if Carson isn’t 100% going to be ready week 1 which I don’t think he will be. 

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I'd take Dak over him any day. 

Haha no you wouldn’t 

10 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

By virtue of winning a SB Foles body of work destroys a lot of qb's, but it was still a 2 game hot streak and a gm would be beyond dumb to give up a 1st or even a 2nd for a QB based off 2 games. 

Believe me, I'd love for you guys to roll forward with Foles, and I'd take Dak over him any day. I've always said Dak isn't elite, but Eagle fans like to pretend Dak sucks...this past year would you take the Dall OL over phillys? Zeke for 10 games or the eagles backs for 16? Dallas' wr's over philly's? Nobody would...Dak had 28td's and 13ints....hardly a bad year....when the Dallas OL is playing well and they have a elite running gam Dak puts up Great numbers, before Zeke was suspended and the left side of the OL got hurt week 8 or so, he was on pace for 38ish td's and 9ints....

you put Foles in Dallas and he wouldn't make a bit of difference, with a lousy OC, leaky OL due to injury and a average run game (when Zeke was out) he'd ish his pants

FB_IMG_1520603414727.jpg

I think it's a misnomer that there are a lot of great qb's available... name one that doesn't have major question marks outside of Cousins.  And Brees doesn't count because he's not leaving NOLA.  Look at this list... There isn't a single QB that is better than Foles on this list not named Cousins & Brees.

Kirk Cousins

Drew Brees

Case Keenum
Sam Bradford
Teddy Bridgewater

Jay Cutler
Josh McCown
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Chase Daniel
Derek Anderson
Matt Moore
Drew Stanton
Chad Henne

Austin Davis 
Blaine Gabbert
Geno Smith
Tom Savage
Brandon Weeden
EJ Manuel
Brock Osweiler

Matt Barkley
Mark Sanchez
T.J. Yates
Kellen Clemens
David Fales
Tyler Bray
Joe Webb
Josh Johnson
Scott Tolzien
Ryan Mallett 

8 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Without Zeke?

Why not? I’m not saying by a mile, but What has Foles ever done without a great run game and OL? He had it in 2013 along with Chip’s scheme that caught the NFL off guard, this year the  eagles rushed as a team for about as many yards per game as Zeke gives Dallas, their OL was very good...and Foles was on the verge of getting benched going into the playoffs, he actually sucked the last couple games  and the 1st playoff game for the 1st 3 quarters....then he had a 2 game hot streak under great conditions....so playing well with a great OL and run game isn’t any different than anything Dak has done.

and Dak was just in year 2, Foles year 7

Foles has a better arm, especially down the field. Dak is more mobile. One part of Foles game that is not talked much about is how good he is with the various ball fakes and that stuff. One of the better players in the league at the RPOs and various fakes Chip and Doug used a lot. I'd take Foles but I have always been a fan so my opinion is skewed. Dak has more potential to get better then Foles does.

3 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Why not? I’m not saying by a mile, but What has Foles ever done without a great run game and OL? He had it in 2013 along with Chip’s scheme that caught the NFL off guard, this year the  eagles rushed as a team for about as many yards per game as Zeke gives Dallas, their OL was very good...and Foles was on the verge of getting benched going into the playoffs, he actually sucked the last couple games  and the 1st playoff game for the 1st 3 quarters....then he had a 2 game hot streak under great conditions....so playing well with a great OL and run game isn’t any different than anything Dak has done.

Foles can actually throw the ball .... even under Fisher Foles has never put such a horrid string of games together like Dink Prescooter 

18 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I mean he posted 100 ratings in 4 of 5 starts last year but it was 2 games now?

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Went 6-2 in 2014 with no run game and a bad oline 

I'm sure Foles wouldn't get beat by David Carr in a throwing competition like Dakota. 

It must be painful to Cowboy fans knowing they  the 5th best QB in the NFCE ... well right now the 6th best until Cousins moves on .

On 3/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, birdman#12 said:

Well, he's better than all the free agents out there.....I think cousins included....and he's better than any kid in the draft, at least right now......Foles is 29....and could get a team to the playoffs and be contenders for the next 3-4 years, given the right circumstance.

Not to mention he'd be cheaper than Cousins, and could be a great mentor for a young QB....he's well respected by teammates and would be a respectable face of the franchise.

AND he is only carrying a 7 mil procetag for 2018 which would be very ideal for a team fighting the cap

21 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

I think it is fair to say that when you combine the fact that the man is ALREADY in the hall of fame today with Peyton manning for throwing 7tds in a game and combine it with his TD/int ratio as an Eagle... his body of work stands for itself without needing any other legs

21 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Let me hear you ask me how many rings we have!!!!! We have ONE... THE FREAKING LAST AND MOST RELEVANT ONE SO SUCK IT UP AND SHUT UP!!!!