mateagle2

2019 #1 and #2 and #4 for Foles

16 hours ago, E v 2.0 said:

You mean except his second year when he was unbelievable or his third year when he went 6-2 before being traded to the Jeff Fisher vortex?

Foles is the man bruh. And to be honest there’s no way I’d trade him if Carson isn’t 100% going to be ready week 1 which I don’t think he will be. 

I hope the Eagles keep Foles as well. Obviously good insurance policy. And that would leave them with two quarterbacks better than Prescott!

3 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

I mean he posted 100 ratings in 4 of 5 starts last year but it was 2 games now?

Apparently he didn't watch the Super Bowl. No way Dak could drop dimes like foles Did!  

12 minutes ago, eaglestime34 said:

Apparently he didn't watch the Super Bowl. No way Dak could drop dimes like foles Did!  

LOL Dak couldnt even drop a penny on our 3rd and 4th string defense in a game that only mattered to Dallas ... because they could say We had a winning record  :roll::roll::roll:

11 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Let me hear you ask me how many rings we have!!!!! We have ONE... THE FREAKING LAST AND MOST RELEVANT ONE SO SUCK IT UP AND SHUT UP!!!!

You must be one of those bandwagon jumpers that showed up after Philly took off this year. If you’d been on here for any amount Of time you’d know that I never use the 5 ring bs or add up rings in general...as a team, i can’t say ish about the Eagles.

if you could read you’d notice I was talking about individual players. Being on a SB team doesn’t automatically mean every player at every position is better than a corresponding player on a team that hasn’t won one.

10 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

LOL Dak couldnt even drop a penny on our 3rd and 4th string defense in a game that only mattered to Dallas ... because they could say We had a winning record  :roll::roll::roll:

Yeah...Dak has never had a great game......

13 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

It must be painful to Cowboy fans knowing they  the 5th best QB in the NFCE ... well right now the 6th best until Cousins moves on .

Yeah....it’s crazy, worst qb in the division, but he has a 4-0 record vs the skins and an 8-3 record vs the NFCE....I guess Dallas is just loaded everywhere else?

12 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Let me hear you ask me how many rings we have!!!!! We have ONE... THE FREAKING LAST AND MOST RELEVANT ONE SO SUCK IT UP AND SHUT UP!!!!

Um....we actually have four.

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

You must be one of those bandwagon jumpers that showed up after Philly took off this year. If you’d been on here for any amount Of time you’d know that I never use the 5 ring bs or add up rings in general...as a team, i can’t say ish about the Eagles.

if you could read you’d notice I was talking about individual players. Being on a SB team doesn’t automatically mean every player at every position is better than a corresponding player on a team that hasn’t won one.

Yeah...Dak has never had a great game......

.... even a broken clock is right 2 x a day 

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

Yeah....it’s crazy, worst qb in the division, but he has a 4-0 record vs the skins and an 8-3 record vs the NFCE....I guess Dallas is just loaded everywhere else?

the Skins LOL yea thats something to be proud of .. but I guess they are kinda the Pokes equals . You both have been irelivant for around the same time  22 + years.   Winning regular seasons games dont matter so much its all about the posts season .  Dak is the next Vince young / RG3 / Leaf  / ect ect .   Since the 2k Era the Eagles have been the best team in the NFCE going to the post season 11 times out of 17  , 6 NFCCG and 2 Sbs   .... the Pokes have only gone  to post season 6 times and only won 2 Wildcard games ... and always lose the games that matter .

On 3/8/2018 at 10:47 PM, Stephen1 said:

By virtue of winning a SB Foles body of work destroys a lot of qb's, but it was still a 2 game hot streak and a gm would be beyond dumb to give up a 1st or even a 2nd for a QB based off 2 games. 

Believe me, I'd love for you guys to roll forward with Foles, and I'd take Dak over him any day. I've always said Dak isn't elite, but Eagle fans like to pretend Dak sucks...this past year would you take the Dall OL over phillys? Zeke for 10 games or the eagles backs for 16? Dallas' wr's over philly's? Nobody would...Dak had 28td's and 13ints....hardly a bad year....when the Dallas OL is playing well and they have a elite running gam Dak puts up Great numbers, before Zeke was suspended and the left side of the OL got hurt week 8 or so, he was on pace for 38ish td's and 9ints....

you put Foles in Dallas and he wouldn't make a bit of difference, with a lousy OC, leaky OL due to injury and a average run game (when Zeke was out) he'd ish his pants

Most intelligent GM's look at the entire body of work, not just a 2 game stretch. But what better two games to demonstrate your true abilities? Than in pressure packed play off contention? I'll  take that kind of player over regular season player every  time. It's much more than putting points on the board. It's how do you perform under the greatest of pressure? Foles has proven to be very poised , calm and confident in those situations. 

It befuddles  me how every QB to have ever played this game, has had a few bad seasons in their careers. But for some insane reason only Foles'  season with the Rams seems to get held against him.  No matter how many times, or ways, he proves his true value ,  he  continue to be denied his just due by the media and the fans of this sport.

12 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

C'mon now, you know Dak wasn't all that great this year, especially when it was needed most. And Dallas is loaded on the Oline. Pretty good pass rusher and LB (when he's healthy).

On 3/9/2018 at 5:23 PM, bobbywizdum said:

Went 6-2 in 2014 with no run game and a bad oline 

And no legit wide receivers ...he is so under rated.  He just went toe to toe with what many see as the GOAT to have ever played the game in Brady to win the SB and be named the MVP.  Yet Foles is a bum to most football fans...unbelievable!

They put more stock in a guy who has had the good fortune , (Cousins just an example) of being with the same team his entire career. And be the starter of that team. But who has done nothing of real importance beyond winning regular season games. To that of someone who has not been as fortunate in that capacity . But when called upon in a back up role, has produced far beyond what many  thought he was capable.  Not once now, but twice. And in two different offenses. But he remains a bum to many. Go figure!

16 minutes ago, back2nj said:

And no legit wide receivers ...he is so under rated.  He just went toe to toe with what many see as the GOAT to have ever played the game in Brady to win the SB and be named the MVP.  Yet Fole is a bum to most football fans...unbelievable!

They put more stock in a guy who has had the good fortune , (Cousins just an example) of being with the same team his entire career. And be the starter of that team. But who has done nothing of real importance beyond winning regular season games. To that of someone who has not been as fortunate in that capacity . But when called upon in a back up role, has produced far beyond what anyone  thought he was capable.  Not once now, but twice. And in two different offenses. But he remains a bum to many. Go figure!

Im with you there im in no way convinced that cousins is as good as foles. 

The lack of respect nick gets is like nothing i have ever seen. I really think its a simple thing of "fans" , media, and gms not wanting to admit thet were wrong. I have no other explanation for why nick is continued to be viewed far beneath his production.

I really think its a simple thing of "fans" , media, and gms not wanting to admit thet were wrong.

I think you  might be  right in that being the core of the problem. Obviously the scouts for every team missed big time on him  as well, imo.

1 hour ago, jfluke said:

C'mon now, you know Dak wasn't all that great this year, especially when it was needed most. And Dallas is loaded on the Oline. Pretty good pass rusher and LB (when he's healthy).

Dak is a bus driver , I didn’t say he was great, difference is he didn’t have much of a bus to drive. The OL was healthy and Zeke was available the 1st half of the the season and he had #’s very close to Wentz, he was on pace for about 39td’s amd 10 turnovers or so....that’s a great season and Dallas was 3rd in scoring, less than a ppg behind Philly.

but then Tyron Smith got hurt and the LG spot was a turnstile...and Zeke went out. Dak ian’t Good enough to make up for that, though i’d Argue the coaches didn’t help him much.

Dallas has 4 very good O lineman, but unlike Philly, they lack depth on the OL. I actually want them to go OG early, and spend a little in FA to shore up the depth.

i’m not sold on Lawrence...he’s always hurt and this year came out of nowhere, to me it’s an Abberation until proven otherwise.

Philly is the best in the NFL because they dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball. If Tyron Smith is healthy Dallas has a similar OL,  but Dallas is too small at DT, 1 guy is 285, the other a  biscuit over 300....i’d Be more than fine  if Dallas grabbed a big DT in round 1, one of those 330 pounders, amd then grabbed a OG in round 2 like that Hernandez kid to stand up to Jernigan....that was the biggest difference between the teams last year...one team had depth to withstand injuries to the OL and a big, physical deep DL that protects LB’s and therefore can withstand injuries at LB....and one team didn’t.

the other was coaching....Doug coaches circles around Garrett X’s and O’s Wise

5 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dak is a bus driver , I didn’t say he was great, difference is he didn’t have much of a bus to drive. The OL was healthy and Zeke was available the 1st half of the the season and he had #’s very close to Wentz, he was on pace for about 39td’s amd 10 turnovers or so....that’s a great season and Dallas was 3rd in scoring, less than a ppg behind Philly.

but then Tyron Smith got hurt and the LG spot was a turnstile...and Zeke went out. Dak ian’t Good enough to make up for that, though i’d Argue the coaches didn’t help him much.

Dallas has 4 very good O lineman, but unlike Philly, they lack depth on the OL. I actually want them to go OG early, and spend a little in FA to shore up the depth.

i’m not sold on Lawrence...he’s always hurt and this year came out of nowhere, to me it’s an Abberation until proven otherwise.

Philly is the best in the NFL because they dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball. If Tyron Smith is healthy Dallas has a similar OL,  but Dallas is too small at DT, 1 guy is 285, the other a  biscuit over 300....i’d Be more than fine  if Dallas grabbed a big DT in round 1, one of those 330 pounders, amd then grabbed a OG in round 2 like that Hernandez kid to stand up to Jernigan....that was the biggest difference between the teams last year...one team had depth to withstand injuries to the OL and a big, physical deep DL that protects LB’s and therefore can withstand injuries at LB....and one team didn’t.

the other was coaching....Doug coaches circles around Garrett X’s and O’s Wise

Why play up Daks record v the nfce if hes just the bus driver and not the engine that makes it go? Seems contradictory to me. 

8 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Why play up Daks record v the nfce if hes just the bus driver and not the engine that makes it go? Seems contradictory to me. 

Most qb’s, including Foles are bus drivers, there are only a few that are difference maker. Cousins is a bus driver, Eli is a bus driver....the only QB in the NFCE who’s has the ability to be more than a bus driver is Wentz. 

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

Most qb’s, including Foles are bus drivers, there are only a few that are difference maker. Cousins is a bus driver, Eli is a bus driver....the only QB in the NFCE who’s has the ability to be more than a bus driver is Wentz. 

Hmmm. Yes and no. I would agree that to some extent, all qbs are system guys and therefore bus drivers. But, of the qbs you names, I think Dak is the only pedestrian one. 

23 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Thats funny. Foles wasnt a bus driver in the superbowl but he did go to Disney world after. 

Its gotta suck man...this year the nfl kicked off its year with dak is back. After next year itll be dak is back up.

7 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Thats funny. Foles wasnt a bus driver in the superbowl but he did go to Disney world after. 

Its gotta suck man...this year the nfl kicked off its year with dak is back. After next year itll be dak is back up.

Bus drivers have great games....Eli was always a bus driver and he had a couple great playoff runs, Joe Flacco is a bus driver....he had an amazing playoff run. In Dak’s lone playoff game he had 320ish yards 3td’s....he wasn’t a bus driver in that game. At qb in the NFL, even as a bus driver there are going to be spots in games, or even full games, where you have to step up. 

I don’t know if you were on here when NY won a ring in 2007, but this is Deju Vu all over again...Eli won a SB and it was "OMG, he’s elite” now Eagle fans are doing the same thing.

here’s a hint....it’s a team game bro. Aikman won 3 rings,...even won a SB MVP...he was a bus driver.

im not disappointed in Dak, he is what I always said he was, a bus driver. So that being proven doesn’t suck, what sucks is that the Eagles have the best team in the NFL, most importantly a dominating O and D line with depth and a coach who is very good x’s and o’s Wise. I’m not, amd I guaranteed you almost no opposing fan is scared of Nick Foles and neither is any opposing team. That will be evidenced by the fact that in a league starved for good qb play where teams will give up #1’s for Sam Bradford, No team will beat down the door to trade for Nick Foles, and if they do, that GM will be out of a job in 2 years. 

7 hours ago, jfluke said:

Hmmm. Yes and no. I would agree that to some extent, all qbs are system guys and therefore bus drivers. But, of the qbs you names, I think Dak is the only pedestrian one. 

Don’t get me wrong, as with Romo I always said if I see a better option at QB i’ll drive  Dak to the airport myself. But If 28td’s and 13int’s with a lousy OC, an OL that had a poor 2nd half of the year, Zeke missing 6 games and what everyone says is a poor WR core  is pedestrian...I’ll take it.

If when protected and with the benefit of an elite run game as he had his rookie year and the first 8 games this year he can put up about 44td’s and 8 int’s....i’ll take that, pedestrian or not. 

The problem in Dallas isn’t Dak, it’s the HC/OC, amd to a lesser extent the GM. Is there any doubt Romo was a much better QB than Dak? And he couldn’t win squat.....maybe it’s not always about the QB? 

2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Don’t get me wrong, as with Romo I always said if I see a better option at QB i’ll drive  Dak to the airport myself. But If 28td’s and 13int’s with a lousy OC, an OL that had a poor 2nd half of the year, Zeke missing 6 games and what everyone says is a poor WR core  is pedestrian...I’ll take it.

If when protected and with the benefit of an elite run game as he had his rookie year and the first 8 games this year he can put up about 44td’s and 8 int’s....i’ll take that, pedestrian or not. 

The problem in Dallas isn’t Dak, it’s the HC/OC, amd to a lesser extent the GM. Is there any doubt Romo was a much better QB than Dak? And he couldn’t win squat.....maybe it’s not always about the QB? 

He only threw 22 TDs ... who cares about Rushing TDs .  Yea they are nice but you want your QB to throw not run .... But when you have a guy like Zeke it opens up huge holes for QB fake.  BTW morris and Rod actually  had more YPC average then Zeke ... So it not like Daks run game was not there .  All teams lose players ... Dallas actually lucked out that their players were ony for a few games not the year  like the Eagles.  Dak benifitted from having the same WRs/ TE / RB from the year before  ... Unlike Wentz  or FOles .  The problem was Dak and company thought too highly of themselves after a fluke year to improve in offseason.  He was more worried about endorsements and Commercials then working on his game .... you know like getting a QB Coach to work on mechanics and footwork . 

28 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

He only threw 22 TDs ... who cares about Rushing TDs .  Yea they are nice but you want your QB to throw not run .... But when you have a guy like Zeke it opens up huge holes for QB fake.  BTW morris and Rod actually  had more YPC average then Zeke ... So it not like Daks run game was not there .  All teams lose players ... Dallas actually lucked out that their players were ony for a few games not the year  like the Eagles.  Dak benifitted from having the same WRs/ TE / RB from the year before  ... Unlike Wentz  or FOles .  The problem was Dak and company thought too highly of themselves after a fluke year to improve in offseason.  He was more worried about endorsements and Commercials then working on his game .... you know like getting a QB Coach to work on mechanics and footwork . 

Stop with the rushing td’s don’t count. It wasn’t just the qb read option thing, he had 3 rushing td’s this year off broken pass plays.

so you really think rod smith and Alfred Morris provide more of a rushing threat than Zeke or anywhere close? if not, then stop with the yards per carry bs. Backs with less carries routinely have higher yards per carry. Zeke gets more carries and all the short yardage plays, that. Rings your yards per carry down a ton. For example, John Connor and Steven Ridley (Pitt) both had higher ypc than Lavern Bell.

When Zeke is there teams loaded the box and with good protection makes it pretty easy to throw the ball.

when Zeke was out teams were able to rush 4, get good pressure (because Dallas lacked depth on the OL, amd drop 7 into coverage...that makes it tough on any qb, even ones much better than Dak.

do some research before you throw out bs like  him not working on his game. He led team workouts all offseason, to more of a degree than the ones you all creamed your pants over Carson doing. He stayed in Dallas all offseason and had full team workouts, he also went and trained with the same QB coach he used his rookie year.

Dak may flame out, he has something to prove this year, and if you doubt him, I can’t argue too much, I have my opinion, you have yours, but if he flops, it won’t be for lack of effort, that dude has an insane work ethic..

philly had superior depth to Dallas this year, and has a superior coach, that’s why they were able to withstand more injuries.  

4 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Stop with the rushing td’s don’t count. It wasn’t just the qb read option thing, he had 3 rushing td’s this year off broken pass plays.

so you really think rod smith and Alfred Morris provide more of a rushing threat than Zeke or anywhere close? if not, then stop with the yards per carry bs. Backs with less carries routinely have less yards per carry. Zeke gets more carries and all the short yardage plays, that. Rings your yards per carry down a ton.

When Zeke is there teams loaded the box and with good protection makes it pretty easy to throw the ball.

when Zeke was out teams were able to rush 4, get good pressure (because Dallas lacked depth on the OL, amd drop 7 into coverage...that makes it tough on any qb, even ones much better than Dak.

do some research before you throw out bs like  him not working on his game. He led team workouts all offseason, to more of a degree than the ones you all creamed your pants over Carson doing. He stayed in Dallas all offseason and had full team workouts, he also went and trained with the same QB coach he used his rookie year.

Dak may flame out, he has something to prove this year, and if you doubt him, I can’t argue too much, I have my opinion, you have yours, but if he flops, it won’t be for lack of effort, that dude has an insane work ethic.

Riiiiiight ....    Dak did squat in Offseason .  If he cared or the Cowboys Staff was smart . They would of seen the flaws in his game like everyone else did .  Sent him to someone like Tom House to fix his awful game .  Teams / Staff cant work with players in offseason ... Ya he might of had some teammate / friends over to play some piuckup ball after eating BBQ.  I get it though bro , Id be mad too if Dak was my QB and JJ was Eagles owner.  Cowboy fans were riding high after that fluke season in 2016 and most people were saying SB .  But right now Dak is a one hit wonder until he proves otherwise .... and that bad stretch of games this year not looking good .  I love when people use injuries and suspensions as excuses  

19 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Riiiiiight ....    Dak did squat in Offseason .  If he cared or the Cowboys Staff was smart . They would of seen the flaws in his game like everyone else did .  Sent him to someone like Tom House to fix his awful game .  Teams / Staff cant work with players in offseason ... Ya he might of had some teammate / friends over to play some piuckup ball after eating BBQ.  I get it though bro , Id be mad too if Dak was my QB and JJ was Eagles owner.  Cowboy fans were riding high after that fluke season in 2016 and most people were saying SB .  But right now Dak is a one hit wonder until he proves otherwise .... and that bad stretch of games this year not looking good .  I love when people use injuries and suspensions as excuses  

He has a QB coach apart from the team that worked with before his rookie seasons and this past offseason.....do some research.

injuries and suspensions aren’t excuses, they are reasons. Good teams have depth and good coaching, so they can withstand them (eagles, pats etc...), average at best teams (like Dallas this past year) can’t.

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Bus drivers have great games....Eli was always a bus driver and he had a couple great playoff runs, Joe Flacco is a bus driver....he had an amazing playoff run. In Dak’s lone playoff game he had 320ish yards 3td’s....he wasn’t a bus driver in that game. At qb in the NFL, even as a bus driver there are going to be spots in games, or even full games, where you have to step up. 

I don’t know if you were on here when NY won a ring in 2007, but this is Deju Vu all over again...Eli won a SB and it was "OMG, he’s elite” now Eagle fans are doing the same thing.

here’s a hint....it’s a team game bro. Aikman won 3 rings,...even won a SB MVP...he was a bus driver.

im not disappointed in Dak, he is what I always said he was, a bus driver. So that being proven doesn’t suck, what sucks is that the Eagles have the best team in the NFL, most importantly a dominating O and D line with depth and a coach who is very good x’s and o’s Wise. I’m not, amd I guaranteed you almost no opposing fan is scared of Nick Foles and neither is any opposing team. That will be evidenced by the fact that in a league starved for good qb play where teams will give up #1’s for Sam Bradford, No team will beat down the door to trade for Nick Foles, and if they do, that GM will be out of a job in 2 years. 

Give it a rest. Eli made one special play. It was not nearly the same nor has eli ever come close to having a regular season like foles did. Is brady a bus driver too?