mateagle2

2019 #1 and #2 and #4 for Foles

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

He only threw 22 TDs ... who cares about Rushing TDs .  Yea they are nice but you want your QB to throw not run .... But when you have a guy like Zeke it opens up huge holes for QB fake.  BTW morris and Rod actually  had more YPC average then Zeke ... So it not like Daks run game was not there .  All teams lose players ... Dallas actually lucked out that their players were ony for a few games not the year  like the Eagles.  Dak benifitted from having the same WRs/ TE / RB from the year before  ... Unlike Wentz  or FOles .  The problem was Dak and company thought too highly of themselves after a fluke year to improve in offseason.  He was more worried about endorsements and Commercials then working on his game .... you know like getting a QB Coach to work on mechanics and footwork . 

Dak turned to complete garbage missing one lineman and a rb. As you said morris still provided a running game. Dak fell off a cliff

2 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

He has a QB coach apart from the team that worked with before his rookie seasons and this past offseason.....do some research.

injuries and suspensions aren’t excuses, they are reasons. Good teams have depth and good coaching, so they can withstand them (eagles, pats etc...), average at best teams (like Dallas this past year) can’t.

yes the guy that said he saw a lot of Tom Brady in Dak .... and the Cowboys fans went nuts over it .  The fact is he did not do even a glimspe of enough past offseason ... but dam sure made a TON of commercials and photo shoots . Guys head was in wrong place and blame goes right to the Cowboys Org  because its their job to teach him .... But JJ is a party hound himself .  Dak has potential ... but  needs a lot of work .  I dont think he will get what he needs from Dallas 

11 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

Thats funny. Foles wasnt a bus driver in the superbowl but he did go to Disney world after. 

Its gotta suck man...this year the nfl kicked off its year with dak is back. After next year itll be dak is back up.

Nick was far more than a bus driver in  the Super Bowl. Our D couldn't get any pressure on Brady until that final possession.. Where BG stripped the ball at the closing minutes  of the game. Up until then Nick carried that team on his back matching Brady TD for TD . 

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

yes the guy that said he saw a lot of Tom Brady in Dak .... and the Cowboys fans went nuts over it .  The fact is he did not do even a glimspe of enough past offseason ... but dam sure made a TON of commercials and photo shoots . Guys head was in wrong place and blame goes right to the Cowboys Org  because its their job to teach him .... But JJ is a party hound himself .  Dak has potential ... but  needs a lot of work .  I dont think he will get what he needs from Dallas 

So now you admit he had a qb coach? And who cares, eagles fans had the the same reaction after anybody compared Wentz to anyone....the guy said Dak has the same type of work ethic..and passion about football.

it’s impossible to say from afar how much any of these guys put into football, so you are guessing. So he shot multiple commercials...Wentz took multiple hunting trips.

now as far as the cowboys org, you could be right 

25 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

So now you admit he had a qb coach? And who cares, eagles fans had the the same reaction after anybody compared Wentz to anyone....the guy said Dak has the same type of work ethic..and passion about football.

it’s impossible to say from afar how much any of these guys put into football, so you are guessing. So he shot multiple commercials...Wentz took multiple hunting trips.

now as far as the cowboys org, you could be right 

Wentz also hired a Tom House guy to work with him  and got the team together in Offseason for workouts at his house . Thats easy to find proof ... Can you find me where Dak hired and worked with someone similar past offseason  ?

2 hours ago, back2nj said:

Nick was far more than a bus driver in  the Super Bowl. Our D couldn't get any pressure on Brady until that final possession.. Where BG stripped the ball at the closing minutes  of the game. Up until then Nick carried that team on his back matching Brady TD for TD . 

You guys are right, Foles is elite, and in an NFL where teams are desperate for QB’s, will give up multiple #1’s for Drew Bledsoe, or Carson Palmer or a #1 for Sam Bradford, or pay a bum like Jay Cutler 12m a year to come out of retirement no team will give up anything other than a mid round pick for an elite QB like Foles....they must all be morons.

3 hours ago, back2nj said:

Apparantly though its somehow considered discrediting wentz if you dont believe hed have done the same thing in his first playoff go round. I mean if it was simple to do what foles did this post season it wouldnt be in the history books. 

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

You guys are right, Foles is elite, and in an NFL where teams are desperate for QB’s, will give up multiple #1’s for Drew Bledsoe, or Carson Palmer or a #1 for Sam Bradford, or pay a bum like Jay Cutler 12m a year to come out of retirement no team will give up anything other than a mid round pick for an elite QB like Foles....they must all be morons.

Well...there is only one superbowl mvp and any team could have signed him as a starter this year. They are morons. Im sorry man the dak decline has only just begun. Hes not who u thought he was. 

7 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Don’t get me wrong, as with Romo I always said if I see a better option at QB i’ll drive  Dak to the airport myself. But If 28td’s and 13int’s with a lousy OC, an OL that had a poor 2nd half of the year, Zeke missing 6 games and what everyone says is a poor WR core  is pedestrian...I’ll take it.

If when protected and with the benefit of an elite run game as he had his rookie year and the first 8 games this year he can put up about 44td’s and 8 int’s....i’ll take that, pedestrian or not. 

The problem in Dallas isn’t Dak, it’s the HC/OC, amd to a lesser extent the GM. Is there any doubt Romo was a much better QB than Dak? And he couldn’t win squat.....maybe it’s not always about the QB? 

I don't dislike Dak. But he crumbled when Zeke went out. And he did still have a rushing game to help him. Smith and Morris were putting up 100+ yards. Might have gotten more, had Dak been a passing threat.

4 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Stop with the rushing td’s don’t count. It wasn’t just the qb read option thing, he had 3 rushing td’s this year off broken pass plays.

Well, if you're going to inflate TDs by adding rushing scores, seems like you should add fumbles to the INTs for a better comparison.

3 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Every time foles was asked to lead his team in the playoffs has been elite. Even in the saints loss he had a great game.

Then there’s romo. How much money did you guys pay him throughout his career? How many playoff wins did he bring you? Did you think of him as elite?

just FYI I’m not saying foles is elite.  I would need to see him do it for a full season. But he sure is making a case for elite status.

I’m just saying  romo in his prime would not have done what foles just did. 

And you can take it to the bank that howie gets a 1st for foles. 

The Eagles and this fan base value Foles more than anyone else it seems. The only way we get a huge haul for him is if someone goes down again.

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Every time foles was asked to lead his team in the playoffs has been elite. Even in the saints loss he had a great game.

Then there’s romo. How much money did you guys pay him throughout his career? How many playoff wins did he bring you? Did you think of him as elite?

just FYI I’m not saying foles is elite.  I would need to see him do it for a full season. But he sure is making a case for elite status.

I’m just saying  romo in his prime would not have done what foles just did. 

And you can take it to the bank that howie gets a 1st for foles. 

You have to rememeber Stephan is the biggest Dak fan .  He kisses the Fat Head of him on the wall of his bedroom every night before bed.  Daks Magical Fluke season was enough to send those Pokes fans bonkers after 22 years of barely being better than the Redskins. It really has to hurt to know that teams in NFCE have backups better then their FRANCHISE Qb.  You will see they put him and just about every Elite QB in NFL together some how.  Like He has Bradys smarts , Rodgers Elusiveness  , Brees's  heart and Big Bens Arm .   :lol:

14 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

You have to rememeber Stephan is the biggest Dak fan .  He kisses the Fat Head of him on the wall of his bedroom every night before bed.  Daks Magical Fluke season was enough to send those Pokes fans bonkers after 22 years of barely being better than the Redskins. It really has to hurt to know that teams in NFCE have backups better then their FRANCHISE Qb.  You will see they put him and just about every Elite QB in NFL together some how.  Like He has Bradys smarts , Rodgers Elusiveness  , Brees's  heart and Big Bens Arm .   :lol:

I’m looking forward to watching dak prove himself to be romo 2.0. 

1 minute ago, SNOORDA said:

Romo atleast had a better / stronger arm .  Daks arm in like over cooked Ramen noodles 

On 3/10/2018 at 8:12 AM, Prime said:

Um....we actually have four.

Ummmm like the three prior were Super Bowl Championships?

14 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

He won't be that good

1 hour ago, judunno said:

The Eagles and this fan base value Foles more than anyone else it seems. The only way we get a huge haul for him is if someone goes down again.

Not so much... BUT when you start a negotiation you always start high or else you dont end up at the desired level of compensation

8 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Ummmm like the three prior were Super Bowl Championships?

You said "rings". So...yeah. We have four now.

Queef.

6 minutes ago, boogyman said:

He won't be that good

Well I’m glad I didn’t compare him to mcnabb like I was about to.  Lol 

On 3/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, birdman#12 said:

Well, he's better than all the free agents out there.....I think cousins included....and he's better than any kid in the draft, at least right now......Foles is 29....and could get a team to the playoffs and be contenders for the next 3-4 years, given the right circumstance.

Not to mention he'd be cheaper than Cousins, and could be a great mentor for a young QB....he's well respected by teammates and would be a respectable face of the franchise.

Not to mention he likely comes a lot cheaper than Cousins and so forth.

On 3/8/2018 at 8:11 AM, toolg said:

With so many QBs in Free Agency and the draft, who they don't have to trade anything for, what team is desperate enough to offer that much for Foles? Is Foles really that better than every other QB?

I thought Foles an average quarterback up until his last 2 games. He played like a freakin' maniac against Minnesota and New England. It was like he was from another planet. 

2 hours ago, The_Talon said:

I thought Foles an average quarterback up until his last 2 games. He played like a freakin' maniac against Minnesota and New England. It was like he was from another planet. 

He absolutely did and fair play to him. But that is partly where my issue is... He played like a maniac for two games. Two huge huge games and he'll perhaps never play in two bigger games. Did he raise his game to a freakish level because of the circumstances? And this is why I can't say definitively that he could sustain a high level over the course of a full year. 

Yes Foles's career is up and down. But I do believe he can sustain a high level over a season. He did have the 27 TD/2 INT season, in 10 starts and a couple relief appearances. Granted that was in Chip's offense-friendly system... Foles's play turned around this season once the Eagles coaches redrew the offense around Foles instead of Wentz.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He absolutely did and fair play to him. But that is partly where my issue is... He played like a maniac for two games. Two huge huge games and he'll perhaps never play in two bigger games. Did he raise his game to a freakish level because of the circumstances? And this is why I can't say definitively that he could sustain a high level over the course of a full year. 

in the right situation I believe he can. For starters, his head coach needs to be an Offensive guy. If that's not possible (I really like Denver and Arizona as destinations for him, but those coaches are both defensive guys) then you need an offensive coordinator that has enough control to do his thing. Put him in a scheme he's comfortable in (he loves that RPO system), and put weapons around him. 

Foles played amazingly well here under Chip Kelly, and he played well enough against the Rams to keep the win (although he did nothing special), great against the Giants and great in those last 2 games. Everyone is going to have an off game here and there. No one is going to win every time. 

The Rams situation gets held over his head too often and it's not a good picture of what he's capable of. He was under a DC who did nothing to help his offense win. 

On 3/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, NE.Jon said:

That’s funny.....I could have sworn I spent all last year arguing with Dallas fans on here because I said Dak was a bus driver at best.

I’ve stuck around here for 10 years, came on after every embarrassing cowboys loss (and there have been a ton) but there are too many dope bandwagon jumpers on here now, and now that Philly has won a ring, you can’t even have reasonable conversations about players....other than talking draft, probably won’t be on much more.

gtfo of here with Foles being better than Romo...Romo had 1 season where he had an offense close to philly’s....and he had a mediocre defense that year...and how many of you would take Wade Phillips or Jason Garrett over Doug amd Jim Schwartz? 

Foles has a great super bowl, but the defense won them the first 2 playoff games....you put Foles in Dallas and they wouldn’t have won 1/2 the games they won with Romo....this MB is useless now....it sounds like TATE