Sign in to follow this  
Northern Green Wings

Tyrod Taylor traded to Browns

The Browns are making weird moves. I know they have cap space and picks to burn, but Landry is an unspectacular possession receiver and Taylor is an average QB. I thought they would try and use those resources to acquire high end talent. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Browns are making weird moves. I know they have cap space and picks to burn, but Landry is an unspectacular possession receiver and Taylor is an average QB. I thought they would try and use those resources to acquire high end talent. 

Taylor is a tier below average.

I think the Browns take Barkley #1 overall then trade out of the #4 pick

20 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Browns FO, scouting department and coaches are horrible

30 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

They need a bridge QB if they're going to draft a rookie.  Plus they are LOADED with draft picks.  This deal makes perfect sense.

19 minutes ago, Boss Hawg said:

I'm surprised since Hue Jackson has been begging for AJ McCarron for two years now.

Hue Jackson will be out after this year if the owner can resolve his legal problems.

31 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

Bills have two 1s, two 2s, and two 3s now.

If they aren't trading for Foles then they are moving up to grab one of the QBs.

If any of the QB's are better than Foles.  Remember, Buffalo is in the same division as New England.

no weirder then the browns trading Kizer to the packers .... wtf the packers thinking  lol 

1 minute ago, NE.Jon said:

no weirder then the browns trading Kizer to the packers .... wtf the packers thinking  lol 

You are really gonna wonder that after Howie robs the Packers of Hundley after Foles is traded.

Not sure about the Landry move, but I do like the QB move for the Browns. Tyrod Taylor is anything but amazing don't get me wrong. But he's also a guy that can win for you with limited talent around, and doesn't make many mistakes/turnovers. I think for the Browns to get better... the first thing they need to do is just start winning games and instilling confidence in themselves. Let's face it, that team has talent but can't put it together... they need to get veterans whether through free agency or signing.

44 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

Bills have two 1s, two 2s, and two 3s now.

If they aren't trading for Foles then they are moving up to grab one of the QBs.

Bills are being stingy as hell. What happened to the beautiful partnership the Eagles and Bills had? 

5 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Bills are being stingy as hell. What happened to the beautiful partnership the Eagles and Bills had? 

Who knows.  Bills are in a weird spot. They actually made the playoffs! Yet they look like they are in the middle of a re-build or something. Ultimately if they can get their QB of the future they'll be set regardless so let's see if they can at least do that.

8 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Let's be honest.

Eagles were stingy first. I'm sure the Bills were expecting the homie hookup when they floated us that second.

We changed on 'em. :lol:

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

:roll::roll: you thought the browns would do the smart thing. 

Interesting move by the Browns. I actually happen to rate Taylor a little higher than a lot do. But I still know his limitations and I know he's not ever likely to be a top 10 QB. So for a team with the ammunition that Cleveland have this is a very odd pick up. 

I'm guessing Cousins told them to not even bother trying? 

Could be good news for us though as Buffalo may now go full steam ahead for Foles? They now have an extra 3rd plus 2 first round picks so maybe a first and a third? 

13 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Interesting move by the Browns. I actually happen to rate Taylor a little higher than a lot do. But I still know his limitations and I know he's not ever likely to be a top 10 QB. So for a team with the ammunition that Cleveland have this is a very odd pick up. 

Could be good news for us though as Buffalo may now go full steam ahead for Foles? They now have an extra 3rd plus 2 first round picks so maybe a first and a third? 

Still might not be enough, it could be buffalos 1st,Houstons 2nd and Buffalo 3rd

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I'm hoping that they think Taylor can be their QB, so they use the #1 pick on Barkley. I think you would agree that it would be best to have Barkley out of the NFC...

15 minutes ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

Still might not be enough, it could be buffalos 1st,Houstons 2nd and Buffalo 3rd

For Foles?

I just don't see that happening. A 1st rounder, sure. A 2nd and 3rd rounder, sure. A 1st and 3rd rounder, possibly. But a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft pick?

53 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Maybe the market for Cousins isnt as strong as was thought?

For the Browns, Taylor is a good pickup. He's  nothing special as a qb, but he is a vet, with mobility. Ultimately,  he could end up as their backup after helping the rookie (I think they still go qb early) get ready for the NFL.

And while I liked Kizer in college, after last year it looks like the Browns have already upgraded the qb spot.

As for Kizer and the packers, they get a young qb to try and groom (signing bonus already paid by Browns), and he gets to watch and learn from Rodgers.

Win/win/win IMO

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

You are really gonna wonder that after Howie robs the Packers of Hundley after Foles is traded.

Hundley sucks why do u want him?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm hoping that they think Taylor can be their QB, so they use the #1 pick on Barkley. I think you would agree that it would be best to have Barkley out of the NFC...

I’d be very happy if the Giants drafted any one of Barkley, Nelson, Chubb or Darnold.