Sign in to follow this  
giggity_goo

Guess Cousins will get paid from the Vikes

So that leaves the Broncos, Jets, Cardinals and Bills as potential spots if Foles is to be traded... which unless it's for something better than the Bradford trade, I'd prefer a trade not happen.

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So that leaves the Broncos, Jets, Cardinals and Bills as potential spots if Foles is to be traded... which unless it's for something better than the Bradford trade, I'd prefer a trade not happen.

I think I would settle for a first and a fourth if they are slightly higher than the Bradford trade or maybe a really high second and third with a late round pick. But yeah otherwise I'd prefer to keep him around. 

I'm not surprised it's looking like he's going to go to the Vikings. I think that makes a lot of sense for him. 

The fact that jimmy garrapolo and kirk cousins will be the 2 highest paid QBs in the NFL is mind boggling.

4 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The fact that jimmy garrapolo and kirk cousins will be the 2 highest paid QBs in the NFL is mind boggling.

Don't stop there.  Isn't Stafford #3?  Zero playoff wins among them.

On 3/11/2018 at 8:06 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think I would settle for a first and a fourth if they are slightly higher than the Bradford trade or maybe a really high second and third with a late round pick. But yeah otherwise I'd prefer to keep him around. 

I'm not surprised it's looking like he's going to go to the Vikings. I think that makes a lot of sense for him. 

He's got a plan to "double dip".  Wants 3/90m now and then another 3/90 three years from now.  To get that 2nd deal he needs to win some big games.

Cardinals looking to sign him now. Cardinals could be back in the mix as a wildcard if he joins there, making the NFC that much tougher for the Cowboys. Eagles don't need to worry though.

4 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

To be worth more to teams than a SB MVP at that is more than mind boggling. It's down right insane!

4 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

We are headed for a new era in top tier qbs.  I don’t know if cousins fits that bill.  I see him being more like a romo than brees.  And I have no clue how garapalo is going to an out.  But I don’t see him being the next Aaron Rodgers or anything. Dak might be the next Mcnabb(with less playoff success) if he is lucky but I doubt it.  

Wentz is the only one I feel that will be elite and be like a better, more althetic version of Big Ben. 

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Don't stop there.  Isn't Stafford #3?  Zero playoff wins among them.

:facepalm:.....geez, I think you're right.....

2 hours ago, L.E. said:

I still don't get these numbers for Cousins. The guy isn't even elite.

Elite? I think its debatable if he's even good. He makes plays, but he also makes a LOT of mistakes too. If he's truly worth 90/3, then what is Rodgers legitimately worth? 45/year? I know Aaron won't get that, but he's so far above Cousins its crazy. 

On 3/11/2018 at 12:25 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Minn. was never a realistic spot for him to be traded to.  Let's be real here.

33 minutes ago, Procus said:

Minn. was never a realistic spot for him to be traded to.  Let's be real here.

2 months ago people would have been saying 'Foles is never going to be Super Bowl MVP. Let's be real here.'

Personally, I don't think it's realistic for him to be traded at all, unless like I said, it's for better than the Bradford trade. But I've learned in life that the unexpected, or 'unrealistic', sometimes happens.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

2 months ago people would have been saying 'Foles is never going to be Super Bowl MVP. Let's be real here.'

Personally, I don't think it's realistic for him to be traded at all, unless like I said, it's for better than the Bradford trade. But I've learned in life that the unexpected, or 'unrealistic', sometimes happens.

Have you forgotten which team the Eagles fleeced in the Sam Bradford trade?  Just as a matter of principle, the Vikes wouldn't do it.

8 minutes ago, Procus said:

Have you forgotten which team the Eagles fleeced in the Sam Bradford trade?  Just as a matter of principle, the Vikes wouldn't do it.

No, of course I haven't forgotten. It was the Dolphins, right?

12 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

He's got a plan to "double dip".  Wants 3/90m now and then another 3/90 three years from now.  To get that 2nd deal he needs to win some big games.

Which I admire as a plan but I don't see it. I think teams will realise he's limited but hey if he wants success and not just money then Minnesota is a good shout. 

17 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Setting the floor for Wentz. Man we better go all in while we can.

8 minutes ago, judunno said:

Setting the floor for Wentz. Man we better go all in while we can.

Not necessarily bud. We don't know for sure Wentz is going to demand record breaking money. Brady has always recognised that if he wants a record breaking deal it'll hurt the team so he's been fairly sensible. 

Wentz is going to get paid very very well of course and rightly so... But doesn't mean it'll break us. 

Bills traded up to the 12 spot so I think they're trying to draft a qb. My guess is Allen. 

With keenum going to broncos and cousins to vikes that narrows the market for Foles. 

Not that it was a surprise, but Brees re-signed with the Saints. While I do think the Saints are in the market for a QB, it'll only be if one drops to them in the draft. Which might not be the worst thing for us if they spend a high pick on a QB, as it prevents a more needy team from drafting one and opening up the market for Foles a little bit.

But at this stage it looks more likely that Foles will stay. Not sure if it's because of a lack of interest, or that our asking price is too high. There's also Bradford and Bridgewater still available onthe market. They may not be better but they also don't cost a draft pick. So it would make sense for a team looking for a bridge QB while they groom someone else to look in that direction too.

5 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Bills traded up to the 12 spot so I think they're trying to draft a qb. My guess is Allen. 

With keenum going to broncos and cousins to vikes that narrows the market for Foles. 

Jets & the Cardinals.  I still think Cards make the most sense.  Their 2nd rd pick and a conditional '19.  Jets have the extra 2nd, but they also have pick #6.  AJ McCarron is the domino that could knock Foles trades out of the water.

Vikings ain't the DEADSKINS, this is great move by them, he has a O-Line, defense, and play makers...i can see them back into the NFC Championship game...

In all fairness to Garoppolo, he hasn't had a chance yet to quarterback a team to the playoffs, playing only a couple of early-season games in New England and then starting the last five for a team far out of the playoff picture last year in San Francisco. I'd like to see what he can do over the course of at least an entire season or two before including him with Cousins and Stafford as QBs who haven't won a playoff game.