Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Other teams Gameday Threads

I've been meaning to track this thread down but have kept forgetting, so tonight I found it. Just through the first 8 to 10 posts, but it promises to be an entertaining read.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4061400-super-bowl-lii-game-thread/

Here's a few examples (so far):

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4061400-super-bowl-lii-game-thread/?do=findComment&comment=10798398

Least interested I've been in a SB since 2005. Hate the pats, but refuse to cheer for the Eagles because of their disgusting fan base.

I just hope something happens that forces the NFL to put officials under a microscope.

https://forums.colts.com/topic/56118-super-bowl-lii-52-game-thread/

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/190053-super-bowl-lii-gameday-thread/page275/

http://purplepainforums.com/thread/955/nfccg-vikings-eagles

http://purplepainforums.com/thread/982/super-bowl-52

This, of course, is the Eagles Message Board Super Bowl LII Gameday Thread:

This is how the halftime show really was:

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4061400-super-bowl-lii-game-thread/?do=findComment&comment=10798431

I hate both teams.

With that said, no way I want the Eagles to get a Lombardi before the Falcons do. Pats getting one more will not hurt any more than the SB loss last season.

Wow. They would rather the team that came back and spanked them to remain champs another year than have the eagles unseat them?  The hate is strong! Love it!!

16 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Wow. They would rather the team that came back and spanked them to remain champs another year than have the eagles unseat them?  The hate is strong! Love it!!

LOL they a salty little **** arse cupcakes 

6 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Well the’ll get their opportunity against the eagles this coming season in Philly. 

Looking forward to it but hoping it’s more towards the middle of the season with wentz 100%

24 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Yeah, I find it very amusing that a good number of them didn't us to 'get a Lombardi before them', as if having a 3 time NFL Championship franchise winning a Super Bowl Championship before a 0 time NFL Championship Franchise, who up until a few years ago had never had back to back winning seasons in their entire existence, is the biggest insult that they could ever suffer. :rolleyes: 

have to say, for as many that were rooting against philly in the beginning by half time almost if not all were rooting for us.

and thier hate for collinsworth is great

9 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

have to say, for as many that were rooting against philly in the beginning by half time almost if not all were rooting for us.

and thier hate for collinsworth is great

I don't tend to go to a lot of other teams boards, unless there's a fun reason like now, but when I have been on other boards, there's a universal disdain for Collinsworthless.

20 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

wow, that's 21 pages! lol

lol Yeah, I looked (briefly) for one on the Torrey Smith trade, but didn't see one. Some of them apparently wanted Bennett and didn't like that we got him.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol Yeah, I looked (briefly) for one on the Torrey Smith trade, but didn't see one. Some of them apparently wanted Bennett and didn't like that we got him.

yeah, this quote made page 5:

On 3/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, FentayeJones said:

Me too. I love players who hate to lose. I remember someone saying that ATL has one of the softest fanbases.... they were right

Big facts bro. Philly’s fan base is tough and LOVES hard nosed type players. But Philly is that type of City. Atl???? Soft

this is very true. i lived in ATL for four of five years and thier fanbase is very soft.

matter of fact, i was there in '98 when the went to they went to thier first super bowl and you would never have even known they were going. it was that low key.

3 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

in all fairness, had we not made the SB,. I would have been cheering for the Patriots too. Like one them said, it doesn't really hurt anyone if the Pats keep winning them. I would never root for a team to win one before us. I like(d) the Vikings but if they made it to the SB they would have beat us and I would have been bitter about that. I think the lone exception in God knows how many years was I rooted for the Seahawks the year they won, but that was mostly to spite 49ers fans. 

25 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

in all fairness, had we not made the SB,. I would have been cheering for the Patriots too. Like one them said, it doesn't really hurt anyone if the Pats keep winning them. I would never root for a team to win one before us. I like(d) the Vikings but if they made it to the SB they would have beat us and I would have been bitter about that. I think the lone exception in God knows how many years was I rooted for the Seahawks the year they won, but that was mostly to spite 49ers fans. 

I would never, ever cheer for the Patriots. I'll watch as a 'neutral' observer, but I will not root for the Patriots.

31 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I would never, ever cheer for the Patriots. I'll watch as a 'neutral' observer, but I will not root for the Patriots.

that's fair. I find it difficult to watch any type of sporting event and not start favoring one team over the other. The sense of competitiveness overtakes me and I start hootin' and hollarin' for one team or the other. 

43 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

that's fair. I find it difficult to watch any type of sporting event and not start favoring one team over the other. The sense of competitiveness overtakes me and I start hootin' and hollarin' for one team or the other. 

For me, if I hate both teams, I root against both teams. I don't remember specifics of the games, but say for instance Eli threw an INT in Super Bowl XLII, I laughed and was glad to see it. If Brady fumbled on a sack, I laughed and was glad to see it. If Rodney Harrison got burned, I laughed and was glad to see it. If a Giants CB got burned, I laughed and was glad to see it. If... well, I think you see my direction here.

When the game was over, I turned it off quickly so as not to dirty myself by seeing confetti and Lombardi Hoisting.

In a case like that, there is no way for an Eagles fan to 'win', so be happy at both teams misery and both teams mistakes and when the game is over, be pissed that the winner won and happy that the loser lost and then scrub the entire experience from your memory as if it never happened.

Now, that's the appropriate way for an Eagles fan to behave but there's NO excuse for those lousy, stinking Falcons fans for not rooting for the Eagles! :furious:

:huh: 

Ever since we lost to the Pats, and spygate became a thing, I've always rooted against the Pats in super bowls.  I've only rooted for the Giants twice in my life because of this.  If we had lost to ATL, and they had made it to the SB this year, I would've rooted for them.  Heck, I rooted for them last year, and when they lost I just laughed my *** off.

I could've cared less about teams getting a SB before us, as I just wanted to see the Eagles win one in my lifetime period.  I'm really glad I got to enjoy the win with my family, and friends.

How do you recover from 28-3? I don't think I could ever root for the team that came back and beat mine in the Super Bowl like that.... Until now I didn't notice any of the shade coming from Atlanta. They were nothing like the crybabies from Minnesota.

After the Patriots beat us in the Super Bowl and was caught cheating, I was was definitely rooting against the Patriots in all those Super Bowls... But I will never admit to rooting for the Giants. :nonono:

Hey they aren't called the Falcan'ts for nothing......

But when it comes to super bowls, I have one thought, anybody but the cowpies.  I can deal with even the giants, redskins, patriots whoever......but never, ever the f----- cowpies.