Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Other teams Gameday Threads

15 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

They are an insecure fanbase.

Look at how many of them still bring up '28-3' in that thread.

We can't really talk though. How many of us have brought up our loss?

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

We can't really talk though. How many of us have brought up our loss?

I was able to live with our SB loss to the Pats.  It wasn't until I found out that they may have cheated in that game that I became salty.  I think we bring up the loss due to the possible cheating, and what could've been had T.O. never been hurt.  When you have a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter of the super bowl, yet somehow manage to lose - it's absolutely soul crushing.  There's many fans on that board that are still devastated from that loss. 

24 minutes ago, Jupiter520 said:

I was able to live with our SB loss to the Pats.  It wasn't until I found out that they may have cheated in that game that I became salty.  I think we bring up the loss due to the possible cheating, and what could've been had T.O. never been hurt.  When you have a 25 point lead in the 3rd quarter of the super bowl, yet somehow manage to lose - it's absolutely soul crushing.  There's many fans on that board that are still devastated from that loss. 

my son loves the falcons (I know thats a big fail on my part but I let him do his own thing) and I was with him watching SBVI. It was brutal watching my son suffer through that melt down.Just brutal.  Then the Eagles beat his Falcons the next year. I wasnt with him. He called me and congratulated me. I was proud of him for making that call. Told him we will avenge his Super Bowl defeat. (which we did of course) and he was very pumped for the Eagles win.

I'm going to see him this week up in SF. Going to see if I can get him to change teams one last time by showing him mic'd up highlights of the game and the Kelce speech and bringing him and Eagles Super Bowl banner for his room. Id say I have about a 20% chance. He is only 15 and he has followed the Eagles his whole life just gravitated to the Falcons for whatever reason. 

4 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

my son loves the falcons (I know thats a big fail on my part but I let him do his own thing) and I was with him watching SBVI.

If he's been a Falcons fan since Super Bowl VI, in 1972, I doubt he'll be changing to the Eagles now.

39 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If he's been a Falcons fan since Super Bowl VI, in 1972, I doubt he'll be changing to the Eagles now.

My bade. I meant last years SB lol

I always root against those cheating Patsies... dislike them stinking Cowgals with passion. There may be a few players that I liked in the Draft, or x Eagles that went to other teams, if they are playing someone else...  yea I might cheer for them. but against us. FORGET IT. I hate em allhehehehehe. The only person I have a little bias for is Big Red. he is the only non Eagle I still cheer to do well.

2 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

my son loves the falcons (I know thats a big fail on my part but I let him do his own thing) and I was with him watching SBVI. It was brutal watching my son suffer through that melt down.Just brutal.  Then the Eagles beat his Falcons the next year. I wasnt with him. He called me and congratulated me. I was proud of him for making that call. Told him we will avenge his Super Bowl defeat. (which we did of course) and he was very pumped for the Eagles win.

I'm going to see him this week up in SF. Going to see if I can get him to change teams one last time by showing him mic'd up highlights of the game and the Kelce speech and bringing him and Eagles Super Bowl banner for his room. Id say I have about a 20% chance. He is only 15 and he has followed the Eagles his whole life just gravitated to the Falcons for whatever reason. 

More likes for Snoorda!

3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

More likes for Snoorda!

HAHA.  Seriously my son is a trip. Up in SF they don't allow any other Cities teams sports paraphernalia in stores and fans of other teams get brutally ridiculed.  Try finding a Dodgers hat in SF. Good luck. Its all SF teams gear everywhere. None of the little leagues have a Dodgers team. That's a sin. Every little league should have a Dodgers, Giants, A's, Reds, and Pirates. Its always been that way (strictly to have all the different colors represented)

Anyways, even with all the success SF sports teams have had in the last decade or so my son still hates all their teams. Hates the Giants, Warriors, 9ers, ect and lets everyone know it. Wears Dodgers and Lakers and Falcons gear to school. I love that he doesn't conform to their ghey teams.

16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I would never, ever cheer for the Patriots. I'll watch as a 'neutral' observer, but I will not root for the Patriots.

Only if they play Dallas.  I would never, ever root for the Cowboys.  Other than one little thing, I'm with ya.

Edit:  Not that that would seem to be much of a problem!! :lol:

I kind of feel for that fanbase. Blowing that lead the way Atl did last year had to be crushing.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol I know, I was just teasing you.

Ironically that was the year the Cowboys won the Super Bowl which makes it a bigger mistake on my part. I feel dirty now.

Just now, SNOORDA said:

Ironically that was the year the Cowboys won the Super Bowl which makes it a bigger mistake on my part. I feel dirty now.

lol Yeah, I knew that but didn't want to publically shame you, so I didn't mention that.

Plus, we only care about 'modern' championships and that one doesn't count. Actually, neither the Cowboys nor the Redskins possess a 'modern' championship. So we're tied with the Giants at 1 a peace.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol Yeah, I knew that but didn't want to publically shame you, so I didn't mention that.

Plus, we only care about 'modern' championships and that one doesn't count. Actually, neither the Cowboys nor the Redskins possess a 'modern' championship. So we're tied with the Giants at 1 a peace.

Thank you for that good sir.

Hilarious stuff.

On a side note, the poster named Hingle McKringleberry has one of the best board names ever.

On 3/12/2018 at 2:29 AM, Cthulhu said:

yeah, this quote made page 5:

this is very true. i lived in ATL for four of five years and thier fanbase is very soft.

Not sure anyone will ever prove to be as soft as Vikings fans. "WAAAHHH! They were mean to us!"

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, vaff84 said:

Not sure anyone will ever prove to be as soft as Vikings fans. "WAAAHHH! They were mean to us!"

I guess that's what happens when your team plays in a dome for 30 years lol

So I read through the thread and then clicked on their main page just to see what they’ve been talking about lately.

Oh My God.

https://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4062244-i-say-we-let-marr-ryan-walk/

i want you to hug the next TATER you encounter and tell him you’re happy he’s here because it could be so, so much worse.

That Vikings thread :roll:

The best post is on one of the early pages, they see the Pats won and some guy says "it wouldn't feel like a real championship against the jags" or something lmao

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, Cthulhu said:

this is very true. i lived in ATL for four of five years and thier fanbase is very soft.

Are they  'Brie & Wine'  soft?