Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Other teams Gameday Threads

It amuses me that in all of the game day threads that I've read, most of them didn't think the Ertz TD was a catch. I understand the confusion with the Clement TD, but the Ertz TD was crystal clear. He caught the ball, took 4 steps then dove into the end zone. That was clearly 100% different from the Jesse James play (which I believed should have been a TD too).

Also, another one that seemed to be prevalent in most of the threads, there was usually at least one person who would try to claim that the strip sack should fall under the tuck rule. At no point was Brady trying to tuck the ball away after having begun a throwing motion. Brady was CLEARLY bringing the ball backwards in order to begin a throwing motion when Graham swatted the ball out of his hand.

I also saw a couple of threads where the fans of that team (Falcons and Vikings and maybe one or two others), complained that 'yet another team wins their first Super Bowl before us...', all of the teams being younger than the Eagles. It'd be like the Texans complaining that the Eagles won a Super Bowl before them lol.

If any teams have justification in lodging that complaint after the Eagles winning it, it's Browns, Cardinals and Lions. The list of non-Super Bowl winning franchises is: Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans and Vikings.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It amuses me that in all of the game day threads that I've read, most of them didn't think the Ertz TD was a catch. I understand the confusion with the Clement TD, but the Ertz TD was crystal clear. He caught the ball, took 4 steps then dove into the end zone. That was clearly 100% different from the Jesse James play (which I believed should have been a TD too).

Also, another one that seemed to be prevalent in most of the threads, there was usually at least one person who would try to claim that the strip sack should fall under the tuck rule. At no point was Brady trying to tuck the ball away after having begun a throwing motion. Brady was CLEARLY bringing the ball backwards in order to begin a throwing motion when Graham swatted the ball out of his hand.

I also saw a couple of threads where the fans of that team (Falcons and Vikings and maybe one or two others), complained that 'yet another team wins their first Super Bowl before us...', all of the teams being younger than the Eagles. It'd be like the Texans complaining that the Eagles won a Super Bowl before them lol.

If any teams have justification in lodging that complaint after the Eagles winning it, it's Browns, Cardinals and Lions. The list of non-Super Bowl winning franchises is: Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans and Vikings.

The tuck rule doesn’t exist anymore. 

I definitely would’ve taken the seat if I could too :lol:

0E89DD2A-FC36-4DE1-8AAA-B2C552B1F96D.jpeg

39 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

If I recall, they only charged him $150 for the seat. They'd have lost 80% of the seats in the stadium if all of the Eagles fans there knew that it would only cost them $150. Talk about the ultimate Super Bowl souvenir.

36 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If I recall, they only charged him $150 for the seat. They'd have lost 80% of the seats in the stadium if all of the Eagles fans there knew that it would only cost them $150. Talk about the ultimate Super Bowl souvenir.

And, if that fan goes to a signing and gets a player like Foles, Wentz or Jeffery to sign that seat, that value would go through the roof.  It would be worth a couple of thousand easy.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It amuses me that in all of the game day threads that I've read, most of them didn't think the Ertz TD was a catch

There was one guy on the Cowboys board who actually knew what he was talking about, and he went into nice detail as to why it was clearly a catch.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

There was one guy on the Cowboys board who actually knew what he was talking about, and he went into nice detail as to why it was clearly a catch.

Yeah, most of the threads have had some that called it correctly right from the start. This most recent Vikings board though, didn't have anyone who got it right. I just assumed that's because of the butt whipping their boys took in the NFCCG though, and their residual saltiness from it.

They (the Vikings board), had a couple of people who seemed levelheaded, but most were so bitter from the NFCCG that they would have rooted for Hitler over the Eagles.

19 hours ago, pisceschica said:

The tuck rule doesn’t exist anymore. 

0E89DD2A-FC36-4DE1-8AAA-B2C552B1F96D.jpeg

I don't care that this is poor/boorish/criminal behavior... it makes me laugh every time I see it. :roll:

"What souvenirs did you guys get at the Super Bowl??"

Jimmy: "A new hat!"

Johnny: "A shot glass!"

Jeffery: hqdefault.jpg

37 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Adding this to this thread for future reading pleasure...

Such cry babies. There were several other calls that they should have had against them that went uncalled ...no crying about those though huh?

1 minute ago, back2nj said:

Such cry babies. There were several other calls that they should have had against them that went uncalled ...no crying about those though huh?

Yeah, one is a Facemask on Goff near the goal line. I think the Rams had to settle for 3 there. Call that penalty and they likely get 7 and change the whole complexion of the game.

I've only read a few posts on the last page or two. For some teams, I'd enjoy reading the reactions after a game like this. But I feel for the Chiefs fans and was pulling for them. They've suffered for many years, not as long as we did. But they've suffered since the 1969-70 season (Super Bowl IV). I'd hoped that this might be Andy's time.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php/28879-***AFC-Championship-Chiefs-vs-Patriots-Official-Game-Day-Thread

Can make this up; this game is in the books :lol:

Consider Rule 17, Section 2, Article 3: "The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include . . . the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

https://saintsreport.com/threads/goodell-has-the-authority-to-make-it-right-if-he-wanted-to-but-that’s-not-gonna-happen.402398/

22 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Consider Rule 17, Section 2, Article 3: "The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include . . . the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.”

https://saintsreport.com/threads/goodell-has-the-authority-to-make-it-right-if-he-wanted-to-but-that’s-not-gonna-happen.402398/

If that’s the case, I found it extraordinary that Jeffery let that pass slip through his hands. Let’s have a do over from that point. 

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

Their forum has two or three pages of fans calling for the game to be replayed, organizing a lawsuit against the league and boycotting the league forever. The best one is a thread asking for a parallel Super Bowl between who they see as the ‘rightful’ participants - the Chiefs and Saints. 

:roll:

3 hours ago, GoBirds2015 said:

The best one is a thread asking for a parallel Super Bowl between who they see as the ‘rightful’ participants - the Chiefs and Saints. 

:roll:

Call it 'The Loser Bowl'

On 2/3/2019 at 10:48 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Lol. The first post in that Rams superbowlventthread made me laugh. People poke fun at some of our fans that made comments about the Eagles being around a while and it being the start of a big run after we actually won a ring and that guy was talking about he thought it would be the start of a dynasty after they lost a superbowl they shouldnt have even been in.