Sign in to follow this  
Uscg-Green

Who's our biggest threat to stop us from getting back to SB

I know it's early free agency just started and we still have the draft. But early observations. The Division does not scare me this year. Smith instead of Cousins? Ok we have thing 2 instead of thing 1. Not much difference. Giants have a year older Eli. They did shore up LT but the rest of the line is still a joke. I actually feel bad for Eli against our  D line. OBJ is prob gonna sit for a few games and even if he dosnt it's a contract year he's going to be a bigger headache. Dallas? Ok Zeke will be back but we have the D line to shut him down. Which means it's on Dak :roll:.

No the biggest threat I see is those Rams. They are going to be handful this year. And also the other bigger threat is ourselves. To keep the passion and fire up. To not be content. We are going to have the bullseye on our back. Every team is going to give us their best shot.

You feel bad for Eli when your team got 1 sack in 2 games, against the crappy o-line lol lol...Giants got a LT today and will continue to improve the line...

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

You feel bad for Eli when your team got 1 sack in 2 games, against the crappy o-line lol lol...Giants got a LT today and will continue to improve the line...

Yes because Eli was so afraid he threw the ball away at a record setting pace.  Short pass and screen, short pass and screen. You guys won 3 games. No boasting for you this offseason your in the corner. And if you blow this Draft by not taking Elis replacement like I've heard then your team will continue to be the joke it has become. Oh I forgot your new left Tackle that you just staggeringly overpaid for. We will just come from the right. Who's gonna be there?  Flowers?

3 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

I know it's early free agency just started and we still have the draft. But early observations. The Division does not scare me this year. Smith instead of Cousins? Ok we have thing 2 instead of thing 1. Not much difference. Giants have a year older Eli. They did shore up LT but the rest of the line is still a joke. I actually feel bad for Eli against our  D line. OBJ is prob gonna sit for a few games and even if he dosnt it's a contract year he's going to be a bigger headache. Dallas? Ok Zeke will be back but we have the D line to shut him down. Which means it's on Dak :roll:.

No the biggest threat I see is those Rams. They are going to be handful this year. And also the other bigger threat is ourselves. To keep the passion and fire up. To not be content. We are going to have the bullseye on our back. Every team is going to give us their best shot.

Saints

Id says Rams will be tough too, but NO is looking stout. Alvin Kamara will probably end up being a HOF level RB from the looks of it. They hit solid HRs with 2 of their top 4 picks and grand slams with the other two. Marcus Williams graded out the 11th best S last year by PFF and Ramcyzk the 8th T. That's an unbelievable draft for one year to hit on 4 major starters is unheard of. Kamara #2 at RB and Lattimore #4 at CB. 

Rams, Saints, potentially the 49ers, but mostly our biggest threat is ourselves. Self-implosion is a pretty common thing. 

The Negadelphian in me says we're not going to repeat, but I surely hope our current run is at least closer to that of Raiders of the 70's (in the playoffs every year) than that of say.... the 1 and done Buccaneers. 

Rams. They were already good and just acquired to good man to man cover corners. Hoping Talib's play falls off and Peters is a problem/distraction.

Rams are going to be legit providing McVay is. I'm not saying he's a one season wonder but let's just see. 

Vikings are arguably better with Cousins. He's not elite but it's hard to argue he's not an upgrade over Keenum. 

Saints looked strong last year. 

Packers with a healthy Rodgers can never be counted out but they also don't scare me. Just one of those teams that you wouldn't be at all surprised if they went far. 

One thing to remember is that the NFC flips the script on a regular basis - every division had a new champ last year. That said, the Eagles are right now the best team. As of now, the other division winners Minnesota, New Orleans, and LA look like the strongest contenders, but one year can make a huge difference. The South in particular has a new champion every year.

I wonder whether the Vikings can be as good. Their defense was seriously exposed by the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game. I would not be surprised if they slip next year, though their division isn't all that great either.

Cowboys from our division are the biggest threat, with Zeke back full time and that distraction gone, I think the race for the NFC crown will at least be more interesting than it was last season. Giants/Redskins don't scare me.

In the NFC West only the Rams. They were a strong team last season... they got more experience for their already young team and then added 2 elite corners, and the off-season isn't finished yet. Seahawks are gutting their team, Cardinals don't scare me. 49ers I think will do well, but not be heavy competitors.

In the NFC North the Vikings with Cousins added are a better team than last season. He is a clear upgrade over Keenum, and they have the talent everywhere else. They'll be getting Cook back on offense who looked like the real deal before going down, we'll see how he bounces back. And pretty much everyone else on their team is coming back minus the QBs. It's always hard to count out the Packers if Rodgers plays, so I won't. Bears look to be making good moves but that's it. Lions are a mess and completley mediocre.

In the NFC South I see the Saints as a threat. Brees is still a good QB and his arm hasn't gone, and they've surrounded him with the best run game he's ever had to work with. The defense has been improving as well. We were literally a miracle play away from playing them instead of the vikings in the NFC Championship. The Panthers and Falcons will be strong as well. Falcons if they can get back to playing offense how they did a couple seasons ago scare me, and let's be honest they were the team that was closest to beating us in the playoffs.. a better toss to Julio Jones and we aren't the champs. Panthers have a strong defense and Newton, but seem far removed from the team that went to the superbowl. The Bucs are a mess, i thought for sure they'd improve but didn't.

Then finally, the biggest threat is probably... ourselves. We're assuming everyone can keep up the level of play they did last season but that's not realistic. We're going to have guys who regress. We will need some of our younger guys (Clement, Ajayi, Agholor, Hollins, Barnett, Jones etc.) improve their game from where it was last season. Does Wentz come back to form quickly. Do other guys like Graham/Bennet/Long/Jenkins slow down with age etc. 

The Rams took a big leap forward last year. They look like the biggest competition in the conference for the next few years. Also, I am curious how well the Vikings look with Cousins at QB next year. Any number of other teams can step up too: Cowboys can regroup and give us a challenge in the division. Giants were 11-5 in the playoffs 2 years ago. Falcons? Saints? Panthers? Packers? Bears?... 49ers started winning with Garoppolo, can they sustain it over a season? ...

Rams.  I really like the direction Bears and 49ers have taken and I expect both to be in the hunt next year.  Falcons have an amazing roster but the coaching holds them back.  Vikes, I dunno, the whole Bradford thing smells a lot like past mistakes (cough..Herschel Walker...cough).  Rams seem to have everything put together, it sure looks like we will be having many great games against them for a long time.

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Rams.  I really like the direction Bears and 49ers have taken and I expect both to be in the hunt next year.  Falcons have an amazing roster but the coaching holds them back.  Vikes, I dunno, the whole Bradford thing smells a lot like past mistakes (cough..Herschel Walker...cough).  Rams seem to have everything put together, it sure looks like we will be having many great games against them for a long time.

Yeah...huge money to cousins, zimmer bashing his former qbs...i see things falling apart there. Plus rodgers coming back and the bears likely improving makes their division much more difficult.  Im nit buying the cousins had no talent around him crap. 

7 hours ago, rocketman44 said:

One thing to remember is that the NFC flips the script on a regular basis - every division had a new champ last year. That said, the Eagles are right now the best team. As of now, the other division winners Minnesota, New Orleans, and LA look like the strongest contenders, but one year can make a huge difference. The South in particular has a new champion every year.

I wonder whether the Vikings can be as good. Their defense was seriously exposed by the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game. I would not be surprised if they slip next year, though their division isn't all that great either.

I agree, but that is usually because older, veteran teams break through from time to time. In the NFC MINN, PHI and LA all have a lot of prime year talent on their teams. NO does too minus Brees. But PHI, MINN and LA seem like well built teams on the come up with high level QBs at the helm. Id say those three teams SHOULD be the near future of the NFC. Plus SEA and ARI are headed downward in the WEST and so is GB in the NORTH. DET is always a wild card, but I'm not sold Stafford can contend and who knows what CHI can do. They need a big year out of MT. Which is possible with weapons around him now. 

I think the Packers are the team to look out for. I think Minny will be 8-8 this year. In the NFC East I think the Giants will make some noise but as long as Garrett is the coach of the Cowboys they will fail.

9 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

I think the Packers are the team to look out for. I think Minny will be 8-8 this year. In the NFC East I think the Giants will make some noise but as long as Garrett is the coach of the Cowboys they will fail.

I don't know about that. Minny and Rams are loading up man. With us bringing back practically all of our guys and then some I'm not really worried but Minny is going to be better than 8-8.

I think Minnesota. They're adding pieces. They continue to add pieces to their defense. Cousins is better than Keenum. If he played the Eagles in the playoffs, I don't see him ishing the bed like Keenum did. Have they added a 3rd down back to replace McKinnon. That can help them out too. Cousins relies on guys like Thompson.

Cowboys kind of sucked this year, so expect them to turn it around since they suck one year, do good the next, and then suck again.Still no threat to the Vikings or Eagles though. 

2 hours ago, judunno said:

I don't know about that. Minny and Rams are loading up man. With us bringing back practically all of our guys and then some I'm not really worried but Minny is going to be better than 8-8.

Bears will be better. Pack will have Rodgers back. They will play a first place schedule and play NE, Philly, Rams and Seahawks on the road.

8-8 or 9-7 is where they will most likely be.

NFC is stacked, I'll say that.  It will be crazy tough to get back to the SB and actually repeat.

Rams, Saints, Vikings, Packers, Panthers, Lions maybe?