nottingham14

Kirk Cousins is the next Brees

On 11/19/2019 at 9:11 AM, paco said:

We will see.   It he looks like a real QB, I'll be the first to admit it.  But I still dont see it. 

Apparently that was a lie. The guy has a 107 qb rating and a almost 5-1 td-int ratio and he still talks crap.

34 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

Yeah and Peyton was a choker until he wasn’t anymore. I don’t think he’s the best pressure player, but Ive seen worse. Cousins played on some trash Wash teams and that line on Monday got him killed. Cousins didn’t light the world on fire Monday, but if anyone thinks the line getting raped by the DL didn’t play a major role in that then that person should just stop watching football. 

Vikings defense got 3 turnovers and held Packers to only 3 FGs. They were winning until Cousins threw INT. Once that happened, Packers scored 4 unanswered points. Cousins didn't do much in game. If Cousins was so good, he would have got Redskins to Playoffs in 2016, but instead he threw 2 INT, including one on his true last drive when they needed at least a FG to tie game. Here's a trip down memory lane:  

Cousins did get Redskins to Playoffs in 2015, but that was because Eagles had quit on Chip Kelly and Cowboys QB Tony Romo was injured. It's easy when circumstances like these happen.

23 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

Apparently that was a lie. The guy has a 107 qb rating and a almost 5-1 td-int ratio and he still talks crap.

In Cousins was so good, Redskins wouldn't have let him go. How do you explain that?

1 hour ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Vikings defense got 3 turnovers and held Packers to only 3 FGs. They were winning until Cousins threw INT. Once that happened, Packers scored 4 unanswered points. Cousins didn't do much in game. If Cousins was so good, he would have got Redskins to Playoffs in 2016, but instead he threw 2 INT, including one on his true last drive when they needed at least a FG to tie game. Here's a trip down memory lane:  

Cousins did get Redskins to Playoffs in 2015, but that was because Eagles had quit on Chip Kelly and Cowboys QB Tony Romo was injured. It's easy when circumstances like these happen.

In Cousins was so good, Redskins wouldn't have let him go. How do you explain that?

Even drew brees was let go by his first team. More irrefutable proof that cousins is better than drew brees. 

15 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Blah, blah blah. Just fit anything into your narrative. If he were so good he would’ve got team A to the playoffs. Oh but he did get team B to the playoffs but but but but 🙄 

Like I said from the get go....

Cousin career arc is almost exactly like Brees. Played well, but was cast off by his original team, went to a dome team where he won’t play in the elements most of the year and has a better cast around him. So yeah I called him the next Drew Brees. So far he’s playing at Brees level at the same point.

Now he has led the team to the playoffs and had a career year. All the stuff everyone said would prove something if he did it. Yet y’all can’t just give him credit. Now any and every mistake has to be blown up and exaggerated to prove your point right. 🙄 Y’all just keep grasping at them straws and I’ll just be over here 🐸

17 hours ago, nottingham14 said:

Nothing more lifeless than studying the posting habits of another person 🤣🤣🤣 Hopefully Santa brought y’all some lives.

Thats funny coming from the guy who had nothing better to do on Christmas than post in this thread all day

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Thats funny coming from the guy who had nothing better to do on Christmas than post in this thread all day

All day 🤣🤣🤣 I was on and off for about an hour while the family was at the in laws and I was on my third round of a Christmas Story.

I like to get on here and banter back a forth, but I don’t waste my time tracking other people’s posts or keeping huge lists of things others have said. Paco is the only person I even remember who I’ve argued with, and that’s only because his name isn’t one of a million eagles related names.

9 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

Paco is the only person I even remember who I’ve argued with, not sure why I argue with Paco because he is absolutely crushing me.  Guess I am a glutton for punishment.

FYP

And again....

Im soooooooo being crushed on the topic of Cousins being Brees when he’s having a career year 🤣🤣🤣 People hating me, so they call him right doesn’t change the facts at hand. No matter how much y’all want it to. Cousins has straight 💩 on Paco this season. That’s why he was "awaiting the end of the year” to comeback here. He’s just sitting home praying Cousins does anything negative so he can say something. Meanwhile Kirk gave him a big can of STFU.

15 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

FYP

No need for personal attacks.  You are getting destroyed in this argument.  Kirk Cousins wins about 20% of his games against teams with a winning record, is 0'fer in prime time games, and has done absolutely nothing to put himself in any type of discussion with a Super Bowl winning hall of fame QB.  He is 18-13 with the Vikings, and about to be 0-1 in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, nottingham14 said:

Blah, blah blah. Just fit anything into your narrative. If he were so good he would’ve got team A to the playoffs. Oh but he did get team B to the playoffs but but but but 🙄 

Cousin career arc is almost exactly like Brees. Played well, but was cast off by his original team, went to a dome team where he won’t play in the elements most of the year and has a better cast around him. So yeah I called him the next Drew Brees. So far he’s playing at Brees level at the same point.

Now he has led the team to the playoffs and had a career year. All the stuff everyone said would prove something if he did it. Yet y’all can’t just give him credit. Now any and every mistake has to be blown up and exaggerated to prove your point right. 🙄 Y’all just keep grasping at them straws and I’ll just be over here 🐸

Difference is Chargers let Brees because of concerns with his shoulder, not for bad performance. I have a question for you: Would you trade Wentz for Cousins straight up?

8 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Difference is Chargers let Brees because of concerns with his shoulder, not for bad performance. I have a question for you: Would you trade Wentz for Cousins straight up?

Exactly what I was about to say. Chargers didn’t let Brees go because he choked when the pressure ramped up. 

2 hours ago, nottingham14 said:

And again....

Im soooooooo being crushed on the topic of Cousins being Brees when he’s having a career year 🤣🤣🤣 People hating me, so they call him right doesn’t change the facts at hand. No matter how much y’all want it to. Cousins has straight 💩 on Paco this season. That’s why he was "awaiting the end of the year” to comeback here. He’s just sitting home praying Cousins does anything negative so he can say something. Meanwhile Kirk gave him a big can of STFU.

No he’s waiting on the end of the year because that’s when the big games happen, where Cousins always folds. Division on the line week 16, and your boy Kurt Coupons puts up 122 yards 1td 1int in a ten point performance. To go to 0-9 in prime time Monday night games on his career. :lol:

The fact that you are willing to die on this hill for Cousins is hilarious. Even you don’t actually believe he’s anything like Brees, you’re just too stubborn to say you were wrong. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

No he’s waiting on the end of the year because that’s when the big games happen, where Cousins always folds. Division on the line week 16, and your boy Kurt Coupons puts up 122 yards 1td 1int in a ten point performance. To go to 0-9 in prime time Monday night games on his career. :lol:

The fact that you are willing to die on this hill for Cousins is hilarious. Even you don’t actually believe he’s anything like Brees, you’re just too stubborn to say you were wrong. 

I think there’s a good chance he does get to that level in MINN. Cousins has already jumped forward with the talent around him. Y’all can keep trashing him all you want. That is exactly what people did to Brees until he got in a better situation. 

I find it hilarious he’s had a career  season where he led the Vikings to the playoffs. Yet you guys keep telling me to admit I was wrong. Like I said before, you guys steer everything to your narrative. If he won the SB y’all would just claim it was the D or Cook or whatever. I’m not dying on any hill. I’m standing at the top of the hill with Kirk pissing on you guys and your ignorant opinions. 

10 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

I think there’s a good chance he does get to that level in MINN. Cousins has already jumped forward with the talent around him. Y’all can keep trashing him all you want. That is exactly what people did to Brees until he got in a better situation. 

I find it hilarious he’s had a career  season where he led the Vikings to the playoffs. Yet you guys keep telling me to admit I was wrong. Like I said before, you guys steer everything to your narrative. If he won the SB y’all would just claim it was the D or Cook or whatever. I’m not dying on any hill. I’m standing at the top of the hill with Kirk pissing on you guys and your ignorant opinions. 

What you continue to ignore is that nobody here has said Cousins doesn’t put up stats. What prevents him from being elite, and certainly not even close to Brees, is he continues to come up small time and time again in high pressure situations. So no his "career year” hasn’t proven anyone wrong. In fact he’s proven everyone’s point by playing like dogshit last week in prime time with the division on the line. 

And once again it’ll be a one and done in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

What you continue to ignore is that nobody here has said Cousins doesn’t put up stats. What prevents him from being elite, and certainly not even close to Brees, is he continues to come up small time and time again in high pressure situations. So no his "career year” hasn’t proven anyone wrong. In fact he’s proven everyone’s point by playing like dogshit last week in prime time with the division on the line. 

And once again it’ll be a one and done in the playoffs. 

Coming up small in a game where the Oline gave him zero time to throw most of the game. Yeah it was totally on him. 🙄 Do you guys even watch games? That game was an embarrassment for their OL. 

Omg. Not only was he rage posting on Christmas and the day after, I have so much space in his head I could turn it into a duplex and rent the other half out :roll:

17 hours ago, nottingham14 said:

Coming up small in a game where the Oline gave him zero time to throw most of the game. Yeah it was totally on him. 🙄 Do you guys even watch games? That game was an embarrassment for their OL. 

Convenient how there is always an excuse for Cousins when he chokes in a big game. You going to find an excuse when he plays like crap and blows it in the wild card round?

On 12/26/2019 at 7:28 AM, nottingham14 said:

I have a couple questions for you:

1) Who/what do you blame for Redskins not making Playoffs (particularly in 2016)?

2) If Vikings offered you Cousins for Wentz straight up, would you do that trade?