nottingham14

Kirk Cousins is the next Brees

Recommended Posts

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

Yeah. Good at beating a Chip Kelly lead team with Mark Sanchez or Sam Bradford as Eagles QB (why Redskins made Playoffs, and losing, in 2015). It wasn't hard to beat a Chip Kelly and Sam Bradford lead team. Cousins was actually good enough to help Eagles get better. Cousins isn't as good as you think.

Cousins had D Jax and P. Garcon in 2016 and even that wasn't enough for Cousins top get his team to Playoffs (threw season-ending INT against Giants during 2 minute drill). Then last year, they went 7-9. Look at Saints game from last year: choked a 15 point lead against them.

Yeah, Cousins should have played better. He should've been out there on D helping them have better than the 28th ranked D in yards allowed. 

Y'all are blinded by hatred. Just because he was not Tom Brady in Wash, doesn't mean he was not a good QB, and will not help the Vikes. Its funny the guy wasn't losing games by turnovers, was putting up yards, and TDs, but he isn't a winner. What exactly was he doing to not be a winner? Maybe, just maybe, its not just him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

Yeah, Cousins should have played better. He should've been out there on D helping them have better than the 28th ranked D in yards allowed. 

Y'all are blinded by hatred. Just because he was not Tom Brady in Wash, doesn't mean he was not a good QB, and will not help the Vikes. Its funny the guy wasn't losing games by turnovers, was putting up yards, and TDs, but he isn't a winner. What exactly was he doing to not be a winner? Maybe, just maybe, its not just him. 

because he does things like this 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

because he does things like this 

 

 

Oh, you have me there. I forgot he set the NFL record with 4 INTs in a game and no one ever done that before. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't that also mean he threw 8 INTs in the other 15 games? :smoke:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nottingham14 said:

Oh, you have me there. I forgot he set the NFL record with 4 INTs in a game and no one ever done that before. :rolleyes:

He has NEVER won a MOnday or Thursday night game .... He Chokes when it matters .   Vikes D might be able overcome his choking if Kirk does not wear them out by keeping them on the field 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

because he does things like this 

 

 

Wow that was ugly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Wow that was ugly. 

I was going to say the same. Those are some of the ugliest reads I've ever seen. There was absolutely nothing there in any of those interceptions. 

 

Brees was only taken later because of his height. Same reason Russell Wilson was taken where he was. Everyone loved their talent and other tangibles but, at their size it makes it a lot harder. Brees taken where he was at his height absolutely speaks volumes to what people thought of him and what he could be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

Yeah, Cousins should have played better. He should've been out there on D helping them have better than the 28th ranked D in yards allowed. 

Y'all are blinded by hatred. Just because he was not Tom Brady in Wash, doesn't mean he was not a good QB, and will not help the Vikes. Its funny the guy wasn't losing games by turnovers, was putting up yards, and TDs, but he isn't a winner. What exactly was he doing to not be a winner? Maybe, just maybe, its not just him. 

What have Cousins and Redskins done since beating a Chip Kelly lead team (not hard to do)? Nothing but choke in big games. What about Eagles? Howie became a competent GM, a coach who knows what he's doing, Joe Douglas, a franchise QB, best team Eagles ever had, and a Super Bowl win. Cousins is nowhere near Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, and if he was, Redskins would have kept him. Can't blame their defense for Cousins' failures. In 2016, he had chance to get his team to Playoffs just by beating Giants in week 17, but instead he threw an INT to end their season. Great-elite would have driven their team down field for a TD and win game and Cousins didn't do that (Rodgers has done things like that many times in his career. Heck, Foles lead Eagles to a Super Bowl win and beat arguably great duo of all time in Brady and Belichick. Cousins probably chokes game away.). He's getting paid like he's Brady and Rodgers when he's not. 

32 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

because he does things like this 

 

 

And this: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Wow that was ugly. 

You should watch him play a whole game.

 

 

And by you, I mean Nottingham 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the arguing over a QB that not only isn't on our team, BUT ISN'T EVEN IN THE DIVISION ANYMORE!! :roll:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Plache said:

All the arguing over a QB that not only isn't on our team, BUT ISN'T EVEN IN THE DIVISION ANYMORE!! :roll:  

Well to be fair this is atnfl and this is the offseason and that was a pretty gynormous contract he just signed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Well to be fair this is atnfl and this is the offseason and that was a pretty gynormous contract he just signed.

 

Discussion I get......arguing?!?! LOL, nope.  But hey...THE EAGLES WON THE SUPER BOWL!!! So all is good Eagle_smiley.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Plache said:

Discussion I get......arguing?!?! LOL, nope.  But hey...THE EAGLES WON THE SUPER BOWL!!! So all is good Eagle_smiley.jpg

Welcome to the EMB my man.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Welcome to the EMB my man.  

14 years... I get it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, I've always likened Cousins to the Washington version of Romo.  Not by skill set or play style, but simply that fans write them off as anything but average only because "They don't show up in big games". 

Big moments and performing under pressure should shape a player's legacy, but using it as the defining metric for a talent evaluation is ridiculous.  It's incredibly subjective, disregards pretty much all team context and leads to some really narrow-minded discussions.

A stat I love dropping into discussions about either of these two players is that they're both ranked in the top 10 for highest career passer ratings of all time.  3 full years starting, never once finished below 4,000 passing yards, 25 passing tds, or 64% completion percentage.  But sure, completely throw out that overwhelming sample size of consistent production for a recycled ESPN narrative.

1 Aaron Rodgers 103.8 2005-2017 gnb
2 Russell Wilson 98.8 2012-2017 sea
3 Tom Brady 97.6 2000-2017 nwe
4 Tony Romo 97.1 2004-2016 dal
5 Steve Young+ 96.8 1985-1999 2TM
6 Drew Brees 96.7 2001-2017 2TM
7 Peyton Manning 96.5 1998-2015 2TM
8 Philip Rivers 94.8 2004-2017 sdg
9 Ben Roethlisberger 94.0 2004-2017 pit
10 Kirk Cousins 93.7 2012-2017 wa

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its already been brought up a few times .... He fails on the big stage period .  WHo gives a crap about how many yards he has or his completion % on low risk / high percentage throws .  Look at ANY other QB with close to 4k yards and over .... they all have a ton more TDs then Cpt Kirk .  The guy does great againt bad teams PERIOD  the proof is out there  since he came into the NFL 2012 .  He is not a guy that will win you a Superbowl , but he is a guy that you can win a Superbowl with .  The guy really is not even a pro bowler .... the one year he did go , he was an alternant. 

WHen Kirk stops choking in big games and can actually start beating teams that are good / over .500   then come talk to me. Vikings are THE perfect team for him ... They are the King of the Choke ... now Kirk is their Queen .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

WHen Kirk stops choking in big games and can actually start beating teams that are good / over .500   then come talk to me. Vikings are THE perfect team for him ... They are the King of the Choke ... now Kirk is their Queen .   

Yeah and actually I think it's where Cousins has been pretty smart. He's picked a team who actually he does improve but he doesn't need to be the reason they win the SB. He makes them better because last year they rolled with Keenum but the reason that team may win the SB is what they do on the other side of the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah and actually I think it's where Cousins has been pretty smart. He's picked a team who actually he does improve but he doesn't need to be the reason they win the SB. He makes them better because last year they rolled with Keenum but the reason that team may win the SB is what they do on the other side of the ball. 

as long as he control his game sealing ints / fumbles  and lack on knowledge of the NFL rules ....  

I liked last year how he did not know the clock starts after the ball is placed and ran out of time to cost team yet another game .  I now forget which game it was , but things like that are a recurring thing for him. For a guy that was being paid so high .. he should know his job  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember that time Cousins pulled out a win vs a REALLY bad Tampa team and was screaming "You like that?" as if he just won the super bowl?

 

That was awesome

 

 

 

 

ly hilarious, and not in a ha ha way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, paco said:

Remember that time Cousins pulled out a win vs a REALLY bad Tampa team and was screaming "You like that?" as if he just won the super bowl?

 

That was awesome

 

 

 

 

ly hilarious, and not in a ha ha way

right he sure showed how to beat a bad 6-10 team  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 12:00 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

People are deserting the Redskins like rats leaving a sinking ship.  They've lost WR Ryan Grant, CB Bashaud Breeland, OLB Trent Murphy,  C Spencer Long, TE Niles Paul and of course, Cousins.  

All of these players you listed, except for Cousins, openly expressed their desire to return to the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stocking up on them comp picks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drew Brees is a leader. Carson Wentz is a leader. Kirk Cousins doesn't seem to be a leader of men. It will be interesting to see if the bad mistakes were just coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 8:21 PM, bobbywizdum said:

Velocity rates to speed not distance. In other words if cousins throws harder and with more velocity on a 10 yard pass that isnt a measure of arm strength. Fact is he may be able to throw a 10 yard bullet but still not have the arm strength to throw a 30 yard deep out. They arent the same thing and no all qbs cant make "all throws". Youre telling me chad pennington and butt fumble can make all the throws? Ha

Arm strength doesn't mean you can make all the throws either. Donovan McNabb is a fantastic example. If I had to in the modern NFL choose between someone with a big arm and someone with good accuracy I'd choose the one with good accuracy 10/10 times. McNabb was just absurdly frustrating, he was just as inconsistent, particularly in big situations, as Andy Reid was.

A lot of people trash on Cousins, but he's better than several QBs around the league. Heck, Case Keenum currently is getting a less harsh grade than Cousins, which is kind of baffling. And people calling him the second most overrated QB behind Bradford? Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Arm strength doesn't mean you can make all the throws either. Donovan McNabb is a fantastic example. If I had to in the modern NFL choose between someone with a big arm and someone with good accuracy I'd choose the one with good accuracy 10/10 times. McNabb was just absurdly frustrating, he was just as inconsistent, particularly in big situations, as Andy Reid was.

A lot of people trash on Cousins, but he's better than several QBs around the league. Heck, Case Keenum currently is getting a less harsh grade than Cousins, which is kind of baffling. And people calling him the second most overrated QB behind Bradford? Yikes.

Im not really the one that brought up arm strength other than to the point cousins cant make all the throws. Sorry i take mcnabb over cousins 8 days a week are you serious? Wake me up when cousins leads a team anywhere better than 9-7. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now