nottingham14

Kirk Cousins is the next Brees

Recommended Posts

No not even close Brees has been a Hall of Fame QB he is clutch when the game is on the line like a Brady I don't see that in Cousins I think Nick Foles is better QB than Cousins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 12:34 AM, nottingham14 said:

I guess we will see. No one expected Brees to become what he became. Anyone who saw him in SD and says they expected him to be a historic QB is a liar. Who knows with Cousins, but it is interesting the similarities and adding in a dome+big time WR talent I could see him taking that Brees step. I aint saying he will, but I think its possible. 

I thought Brees was going to be good QB coming Perdue he was great college QB and did get picked at the top of the 2nd round 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Im not really the one that brought up arm strength other than to the point cousins cant make all the throws. Sorry i take mcnabb over cousins 8 days a week are you serious? Wake me up when cousins leads a team anywhere better than 9-7. 

Donovan McNabb in todays NFL would be terrible. As in awful. His mobility was the main thing that separated him from the rest, along with his ability to not make game killing plays in most situations. He had fantastic arm strength and threw good deep balls, but the NFL had a deficiency of QBs that could pick you apart short at the time and he was no exception to this rule.

Maybe if he was developed in todays NFL he would have turned out different, but he did have AR who is one of the greatest coaches to deal with QBs in modern history.

Also, there's a lot more to QBs than record. Donovan McNabb damn sure wouldn't have led anyone anywhere with an offense as bad as the Redskins have had. The Eagles lacked WR, but the Redskins lacked OL, had some WRs at times but don't now, and their TE is always injured. Not to mention their putrid running game.

And don't even get me started on the differences regarding the defense, thanks to the Eagles having one of the most stable DCs of the entire era.

Donovan McNabb had to deal with a lot of stuff too, for sure. But man Washington is just...yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Donovan McNabb in todays NFL would be terrible. As in awful. His mobility was the main thing that separated him from the rest, along with his ability to not make game killing plays in most situations. He had fantastic arm strength and threw good deep balls, but the NFL had a deficiency of QBs that could pick you apart short at the time and he was no exception to this rule.

Maybe if he was developed in todays NFL he would have turned out different, but he did have AR who is one of the greatest coaches to deal with QBs in modern history.

Also, there's a lot more to QBs than record. Donovan McNabb damn sure wouldn't have led anyone anywhere with an offense as bad as the Redskins have had. The Eagles lacked WR, but the Redskins lacked OL, had some WRs at times but don't now, and their TE is always injured. Not to mention their putrid running game.

And don't even get me started on the differences regarding the defense, thanks to the Eagles having one of the most stable DCs of the entire era.

Donovan McNabb had to deal with a lot of stuff too, for sure. But man Washington is just...yikes.

Bad offense the redskins had? Are u kidding me? Jackson and garcon? Reid and davis? Crowder? Sorry while im laughing about this compared to trash and stinkston. Mcnabb barely ran from 04 on and won plenty of games. He came up short in the bowl and in the 5 championships. Cousins hasnt won a playoff game. The comparisson is a joke. Mcnabb would have been fine in the modern nfl. Look at scam newton far worse accuracy. Mcnabbs career 59.8 is a mere .2 percentage points than our own wentz was this year. Its actually slightly above hofers john elway and jim kelly who played with much better weapons mind you. I understand ragging mcnabb is the thing to do in the world today but he was way better then kirk freakin cousins in any era of football and not because of running.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Donovan McNabb in todays NFL would be terrible. As in awful. His mobility was the main thing that separated him from the rest, along with his ability to not make game killing plays in most situations. He had fantastic arm strength and threw good deep balls, but the NFL had a deficiency of QBs that could pick you apart short at the time and he was no exception to this rule.

Maybe if he was developed in todays NFL he would have turned out different, but he did have AR who is one of the greatest coaches to deal with QBs in modern history.

Also, there's a lot more to QBs than record. Donovan McNabb damn sure wouldn't have led anyone anywhere with an offense as bad as the Redskins have had. The Eagles lacked WR, but the Redskins lacked OL, had some WRs at times but don't now, and their TE is always injured. Not to mention their putrid running game.

And don't even get me started on the differences regarding the defense, thanks to the Eagles having one of the most stable DCs of the entire era.

Donovan McNabb had to deal with a lot of stuff too, for sure. But man Washington is just...yikes.

YOu really think Thrash , Pinkston  , Basket , LJ Smith    were better then  Garcon , Djax ,  Ried , V Daivs ?    People have short memories it seems 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

YOu really think Thrash , Pinkston  , Basket , LJ Smith    were better then  Garcon , Djax ,  Ried , V Daivs ?    People have short memories it seems 

I love how you list the scrubs but conveniently leave out some of the good ones like Na Brown and Billy McMullen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, paco said:

I love how you list the scrubs but conveniently leave out some of the good ones like Na Brown and Billy McMullen

And fred ex. What a beast. Reggie brown . oh ya. The good old days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bobbywizdum said:

And fred ex. What a beast. Reggie brown . oh ya. The good old days.

HOF Kevin Curtis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Donovan McNabb in todays NFL would be terrible. As in awful. His mobility was the main thing that separated him from the rest, along with his ability to not make game killing plays in most situations. He had fantastic arm strength and threw good deep balls, but the NFL had a deficiency of QBs that could pick you apart short at the time and he was no exception to this rule.

Maybe if he was developed in todays NFL he would have turned out different, but he did have AR who is one of the greatest coaches to deal with QBs in modern history.

Also, there's a lot more to QBs than record. Donovan McNabb damn sure wouldn't have led anyone anywhere with an offense as bad as the Redskins have had. The Eagles lacked WR, but the Redskins lacked OL, had some WRs at times but don't now, and their TE is always injured. Not to mention their putrid running game.

And don't even get me started on the differences regarding the defense, thanks to the Eagles having one of the most stable DCs of the entire era.

Donovan McNabb had to deal with a lot of stuff too, for sure. But man Washington is just...yikes.

McNabb was so much better than Cousins it's silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 7:09 PM, nottingham14 said:

Oh, you have me there. I forgot he set the NFL record with 4 INTs in a game and no one ever done that before. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't that also mean he threw 8 INTs in the other 15 games? :smoke:

So a pick every other game? :wacko:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurt Cousins: a poor man’s Drew Brees, a rich man’s Alex Smith, or a middle class man’s Kurt Cousins? Discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

Kurt Cousins: a poor man’s Drew Brees, a rich man’s Alex Smith, or a middle class man’s Kurt Cousins? Discuss.

He's a poor man's Brees, a very rich man full stop and ultimately not worth the money. But hey the Vikings got close last year and it's hard to argue they didn't get stronger by signing Cousins. I guess time will tell. I wouldn't have brought him in if I were the Vikings or any team on that huge deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2018 at 12:46 AM, nottingham14 said:

Funny, his throwing velocity was 2 mph higher than Nicks. :whistle:

So?  passing is not just throwing.  Placement, speed, accuracy, consistency.  there are plenty of QBs in the world who can throw a ball a mile or thru a wall.  but couldn't hit a receiver with a gun to their heads.

I think cousins will benefit greatly from spending time with John Defilippo.......the viqueens will be tough this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Browns are the worst franchise in the league, the Skins are the 2nd worse (I actually DO think they're the worst). The way they've mismanaged everything: the draft, Shanahan as coach, picking RGIII and Cousins in the same draft, their GM calling Cousins "KURT" 7 times in a press conference... Not to even mention the fact that Dan Snyder is the worst owner in the league. The reason they're worse than the Browns?? One of their QB picks actually worked out and they bungled it like they do everything else... They think Alex Smith is an upgrade. :lol: He had an offensive guru in KC coaching him up. He NEVER did anything like that in SF.

Mark my words, Minnesota will be formidable next year and the Skins will be a joke, like they always are.

#notkirksfault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, terrellowensisapuss said:

If the Browns are the worst franchise in the league, the Skins are the 2nd worse (I actually DO think they're the worst). The way they've mismanaged everything: the draft, Shanahan as coach, picking RGIII and Cousins in the same draft, their GM calling Cousins "KURT" 7 times in a press conference... Not to even mention the fact that Dan Snyder is the worst owner in the league. The reason they're worse than the Browns?? One of their QB picks actually worked out and they bungled it like they do everything else... They think Alex Smith is an upgrade. :lol: He had an offensive guru in KC coaching him up. He NEVER did anything like that in SF.

Mark my words, Minnesota will be formidable next year and the Skins will be a joke, like they always are.

#notkirksfault

Given your take, I thought you might enjoy this thread for the schadenfreude

 

http://es.redskins.com/topic/419591-lets-keep-laughing-at-the-browns-while-we-can/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 3:42 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's a poor man's Brees, a very rich man full stop and ultimately not worth the money. But hey the Vikings got close last year and it's hard to argue they didn't get stronger by signing Cousins. I guess time will tell. I wouldn't have brought him in if I were the Vikings or any team on that huge deal. 

They are paying him way more than brees so im not sure how he can be a poor mans anything lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Cousins is the most overrated player in the nfl as of now

I give that to Bradford. Teams keep paying him like he was drafted #1 overall a year ago. Overrated. 

Cousins is just over hyped but he's being paid commensurate with his abilities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Am I the only one who finds it irritating that Cousins' name is misspelled in the title?

Nottingham must be either Bruce Allen or related .... all I keep thinking is Kurt Cousin now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

They are paying him way more than brees so im not sure how he can be a poor mans anything lol

 

 

I'm guessing they mean in terms of his ability? Similar style but Cousins is nowhere near as good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cousins makes some good plays, but he's a choke artist.  I've seen him more than once throw the ball out of the end zone on fourth and goal, I saw him unnecessarily throw a bad interception which ended their playoff hopes two years ago when they were in winning field goal range, I saw him throw a ridiculous intentional grounding pass against the Saints last year which cost them the game, and we all saw him take that knee against the Eagles in the first half costing his team a field goal.  I hope he gets the Vikings close and blows the big game like only he can.  It will serve them right for discarding Keenum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, paco said:

Cousins is wildly average.

Cousins is extraordinary.

Oh wait...  That's not quite right.  I'll try again...

Cousins is extra-ordinary.

Yeah...  That's it.  Extra-ordinary.  :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now