nottingham14

Kirk Cousins is the next Brees

Foles Leads, Cousin's Bleeds

10 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Can someone kindly explain what the "Coupons" thing is about?

Just a guess:  It makes average crap seem like a good deal upon purchase. 

I just can't put my finger on it.  I've watched his interviews and  he looks down at the ground and sounds robotic and contrived.

I've heard him being miked up and says strange things on the field and people just kinda stare at him.  Theilen and Diggs are best friends and they dont hang with coupons.   He doesn't have chemistry with the team like Case did. That's my concern...hes like an oddball, cerebral hockey goalie.  

Zimmer said today that the team didn't have a winner vibe like last year and he doesn't know why

We desperately need leaders on this team.

11 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Can someone kindly explain what the "Coupons" thing is about?

All I know is its a BGN... Sorry Go Birds radio thing. They've called him Coupons for a few years now so I've adopted it. I guess because he's always giving stuff away to the other side? 

Whatever happened to nottingham? I guess there was no point to being on these boards once he didn't have Mills to trash every week. What a loser.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:15 PM, boogyman said:

Yeah. The reports on Foles I remember said he had a pretty big arm but sometimes lacked accuracy on deep throws coming out of college. 

Not sure that is right. I recall ( just as recent as last season) in an article , where his Az coach said Nick had the most deep ball accuracy of any QB he has ever seen.  Nick has never had a weak arm. The biggest knock against him coming out of college was his lack of  athleticism (mobility).

On 1/3/2019 at 4:06 PM, paco said:

Just a guess:  It makes average crap seem like a good deal upon purchase. 

:nonono: That's  as good an explanation as any I guess.It made me chuckle  anyway.

46 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Not sure that is right. I recall ( just as recent as last season) in an article , where his Az coach said Nick had the most deep ball accuracy of any QB he has ever seen.  Nick has never had a weak arm. The biggest knock against him coming out of college was his lack of  athleticism (mobility).

WEAKNESSES

Mobility has been the Achilles heel for Foles and will likely continue to be exposed even more at the next level. He is solely a pocket passer and hardly ever moves the chains with his feet. He has the ability to extend, but he is not going to out-run any defenders at the next level. This can sometimes effect his set-up, as it can be uncoordinated at times, although rarely affects his actual pass. There are times when the ball can get away from him when throwing deep, and he has struggled with accuracy there. His release is sufficient but not fast by any means. His judgment with the ball is somewhat questioned, as he can be slow to get rid of the ball and scramble into trouble.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-foles?id=2532842

Read it in a few places when he was drafted. I am no scout just remembering what I have seen written. Cant always go by what a players college coach says. And obviously he is good at it at now.

43 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Nick has never had a weak arm

I think weak arm is a misconception. He doesn't have the arm that Wentz does in terms of velocity etc but he throws a more accurate deep ball. 

On 1/4/2019 at 12:23 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

Whatever happened to nottingham? I guess there was no point to being on these boards once he didn't have Mills to trash every week. What a loser.

He does that when he is wrong. Another famous poster who rather be right then actually care about what the team is doing

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think weak arm is a misconception. He doesn't have the arm that Wentz does in terms of velocity etc but he throws a more accurate deep ball. 

I'll agree with that. 

3 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He does that when he is wrong. Another famous poster who rather be right then actually care about what the team is doing

Wasn't he an Eagles fan? His avatar would suggest that he was cause it looked like the guy had an eagles jersey on. So why his love affair with Cousins? 

9 minutes ago, back2nj said:

Wasn't he an Eagles fan? His avatar would suggest that he was cause it looked like the guy had an eagles jersey on. So why his love affair with Cousins? 

He has Jalen Mills as his avatar as a joke cause he hates Mills that much. 

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He has Jalen Mills as his avatar as a joke cause he hates Mills that much. 

It didn't look like the Green Goblin. Mills may not be the greatest DB, but he is far from being a scrub imo.

Re reading this thread... Does the OP just flat out make s*** up to support his rants?

On 3/15/2018 at 6:42 PM, nottingham14 said:

BTW you know who also was said to have a weak arm coming out of college? Nick Foles did too. But did it stop him from leading the NFL in completions over 40 yards in one season? NO! Did his weak arm stop him from dropping a dime to Alshon in the SB? NO! 

Quit listening to the ESPN Stephen A Smith rhetoric and pay attention. Yeah, its nice to have a guy who can throw a laser to any guy on the field from anywhere. But does it do Stafford any good? What about Cutler? Id take Cousins over both of them all day, every day. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-foles?id=2532842

Nick Foles

QB  Arizona

Photo of Nick Foles

Grade

Overview

Foles has been a productive signal caller for Arizona over three years as a starter and has the arm strength and size that garners first-day consideration for teams looking to fill a void at quarterback. He is a mechanically sound passer who has a solid release. In a different year, it's possible that Foles could be vying for the top quarterback spot; he is hit with hard luck by being in the middle of a quarterback-laden class. He is a big-time leader who rarely gets rattled. Foles' athletic ability will be a concern to some, and while he is projected as more of a "game manager" type, his skill set comes together nicely so he should be at least a serviceable starter at the next level. If teams can fall in love with his arm strength, he could be selected as early as the second round to develop and become an eventual starter.

Analysis

Strengths

Foles has a strong arm that gets him through various other hitches in his game. There are times when Foles throws the deep, cross-field out-route while on his back foot (and facing pressure) accurately and with ease. While not the most athletic quarterback, he is aware in the pocket to avoid pressure and has a good sense of how and when to extend a play to his advantage. As a deep passer he has strength but can struggle with accuracy at times. His accuracy is evident in his short to intermediate throws, where he can put it right on a receiver or lead him fluidly in stride. He would be more valuable in a West Coast scheme where could make quick decisions and not be forced to unleash deep throws on a consistent basis. He is an excellent game manager for moving the ball in bunches up the field. He is extremely poised in the pocket and rarely lets a heavy pass rush rattle his throws.

Arm strength was literally one of Foles top 3 attributes coming out of college.

52 minutes ago, paco said:

Re reading this thread... Does the OP just flat out make s*** up to support his rants?

He makes crap up

1 hour ago, paco said:

Foles top attributes for me are arm strength, poise, height, and one not talked about a lot being ball handling. He is really good at carrying out fakes, tosses and screens.

*Clicks on Nottingham14’s profile*

*during a potentially epic playoff run, has not been seen since mid-november*

yup.

I saw him posting in Tate and almost bumped this myself. :lol:

21 minutes ago, paco said:

I saw him posting in Tate and almost bumped this myself. :lol:

You kind of did. I forgot about this gem until I got your "like" notification the other day, lol.