nottingham14

Kirk Cousins is the next Brees

2 hours ago, Mrkingofspades said:

I wasn’t aware Nick Foles had a weak arm until I read this thread.

The things you learn on the internet

THIS is the dude arguing with me about my evaluation on JJAWn?! :roll:

Kirk Cousins isn’t the next anything...other than the next crappy Vikings QB in a long line of them going back to um, I guess Culpepper?

@nottingham14 you’re clown shoes bro. 

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Kirk Cousins isn’t the next anything...other than the next crappy Vikings QB in a long line of them going back to um, I guess Culpepper?

He's an absolute joke. Makes stupid posts like this then runs and hides when they turn out to be as idiotic as we initially thought.

16 hours ago, Outlaw said:

🤣🤣🤣 says the lifeless guy obsessed with me that he went through posts looking for something to "catch me on.” 🙄 

He has 4,200 yds, 30 TDs, 10 picks with a 70% comp percent in his first year in a new system. Oh you got me 🤣🤣🤣

Let’s check Brees first year in NO. 

4,400yds, 26TDs 11INTs 64% comp.

1 minute ago, nottingham14 said:

🤣🤣🤣 says the lifeless guy obsessed with me that he went through posts looking for something to "catch me on.” 🙄 

He has 4,200 yds, 30 TDs, 10 picks with a 70% comp percent in his first year in a new system. Oh you got me 🤣🤣🤣

Let’s check Brees first year in NO. 

4,400yds, 26TDs 11INTs 64% comp.

Wasn't looking for your stupidity...just happened along it inside a forum I visit regularly, as have many others.  But you're totally right...in the end, Cousins>Brees. :roll:

51 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Wasn't looking for your stupidity...just happened along it inside a forum I visit regularly, as have many others.  But you're totally right...in the end, Cousins>Brees. :roll:

I never said Cousins over Brees. Illiteracy at its finest.

14 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

Cousins is not close to Brees though. The next big game Cousins wins will be his first. Stop looking only at stats.

18 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

No just that he'll be the next coming.  Dude was 8-7-1 last year.  He's an average starter. Not good, not bad.  He is NEVER going to be anything close to Drew Brees.

I don't know how I missed this thread last year but the opening post is insane.

How is a 6'3" QB (average) anything like a 5'11" QB (one of the shortest)?

DC did not bail on Cousins because he can't win. They kept franchising him because they were morons and could not afford his price after all those tags.

Brees was let go by Sand Diego because they drafted Phillip Rivers (Eli and the trade) because after 3 seasons Brees had a 10-17 record with a 73.7 QB rating.

They were in a position to draft him because Brees led them to 2 wins and 9 losses before getting hurt and the backup (41 year old Flutie) went 2-3.

After Brees did have a very good 2004 year, it was easy to let him go in 2006 because he regressed in 2005 and suffered a serious injury.

I rate this thread a 0 out of 100 on the 'has even the slightest clue' scale.

4 hours ago, boogyman said:

Cousins is not close to Brees though. The next big game Cousins wins will be his first. Stop looking only at stats.

First "big game" Cousins won was against an Eagles team who quit on Chip Kelly. 

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

No just that he'll be the next coming.  Dude was 8-7-1 last year.  He's an average starter. Not good, not bad.  He is NEVER going to be anything close to Drew Brees.

Cousins had 2 'win and you're in' games and failed in both of them. Ironically both seasons ending with an 8-7-1 record with opposing team having nothing to play for.

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

Oh, it was an obvious self own waiting to happen.   Like a good stock some of us got in early,  but it's not too late to invest. 

4 hours ago, skippyx said:

I knew it from the first line.  Anyone who says "_______ is a poor man's _______" is unworthy of any respect or serious consideration.  The moment I see that phrase I lose all respect for the poster, and I almost never even bother to read the rest of the post.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong. Kirk Coupons puts up nice numbers but doesn't deliver in the big spots when his team need him to. That was true in Washington and it was true last year in Minnesota. Washington don't make many right moves but letting Coupons walk was a good one. 

16 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Guess he is gonna leave out the 9 fumbles as well

This was one of my favorite revalations in this thread:

On 1/6/2019 at 2:25 PM, paco said:

Re reading this thread... Does the OP just flat out make s*** up to support his rants?

On 3/15/2018 at 6:42 PM, nottingham14 said:

BTW you know who also was said to have a weak arm coming out of college? Nick Foles did too. But did it stop him from leading the NFL in completions over 40 yards in one season? NO! Did his weak arm stop him from dropping a dime to Alshon in the SB? NO! 

Quit listening to the ESPN Stephen A Smith rhetoric and pay attention. Yeah, its nice to have a guy who can throw a laser to any guy on the field from anywhere. But does it do Stafford any good? What about Cutler? Id take Cousins over both of them all day, every day. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nick-foles?id=2532842

Nick Foles

QB  Arizona

Photo of Nick Foles

Grade

Overview

Foles has been a productive signal caller for Arizona over three years as a starter and has the arm strength and size that garners first-day consideration for teams looking to fill a void at quarterback. He is a mechanically sound passer who has a solid release. In a different year, it's possible that Foles could be vying for the top quarterback spot; he is hit with hard luck by being in the middle of a quarterback-laden class. He is a big-time leader who rarely gets rattled. Foles' athletic ability will be a concern to some, and while he is projected as more of a "game manager" type, his skill set comes together nicely so he should be at least a serviceable starter at the next level. If teams can fall in love with his arm strength, he could be selected as early as the second round to develop and become an eventual starter.

Analysis

Strengths

Foles has a strong arm that gets him through various other hitches in his game. There are times when Foles throws the deep, cross-field out-route while on his back foot (and facing pressure) accurately and with ease. While not the most athletic quarterback, he is aware in the pocket to avoid pressure and has a good sense of how and when to extend a play to his advantage. As a deep passer he has strength but can struggle with accuracy at times. His accuracy is evident in his short to intermediate throws, where he can put it right on a receiver or lead him fluidly in stride. He would be more valuable in a West Coast scheme where could make quick decisions and not be forced to unleash deep throws on a consistent basis. He is an excellent game manager for moving the ball in bunches up the field. He is extremely poised in the pocket and rarely lets a heavy pass rush rattle his throws.

Arm strength was literally one of Foles top 3 attributes coming out of college.

Care to comment @nottingham14???

Remember when Luvda used to rant about Foles not throwing beyond 15 yards in preseason? I guess some people don’t know the difference between ‘’can’t’’, and ‘’wasn’t asked to in that time period’’. 

Good times. 

27 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Remember when Luvda used to rant about Foles not throwing beyond 15 yards in preseason? I guess some people don’t know the difference between ‘’can’t’’, and ‘’wasn’t asked to in that time period’’. 

Good times. 

Good old @iluvdaeagles, I miss that guy.  Of all the idiots that have been banned, he was my favorite.

Page 1 of this thread is gold, watching @nottingham14 get owned by @bobbywizdum.  You have to be a special kind of stupid to get owned by izdum.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

He is a troll, so I am sure he won’t.  @nottingham14

It's not something open ended so that if it does end up happening, @nottingham14 could be like "Ha Ha, I told you so".  No, this was him talking about something that supposedly was said in the past but a little bit of research shows that @nottingham14 was just talking out of his a** to support his rant.  It's factually inaccurate and unchallengeable, so @nottingham14 will ignore it.

I'm sure he will also ignore that when I stated that Cousins flat out told Gruden he wouldn't throw certain routes, @nottingham14 basically laughed at me and called me a liar.  But unlike  @nottingham14 , I'm able to back that up with quotes from Gruden.

Care to comment @nottingham14?

On 1/2/2019 at 10:23 PM, paco said:

Oh, and I know I never responded to this because it was obvious you were plugging your ears and screaming "LALALALALA"

On 3/15/2018 at 6:25 PM, paco said:

Hes average.  He knows he's average.  He even told Gruden there are routes he won't throw because he's likely to get picked off (that's why his INT rate dropped dramatically)

On 3/15/2018 at 6:37 PM, nottingham14 said:

So his INT rate dropped because he wont throw certain routes? :roll: 

You crack me up. You act like he has the arm strength of a 5 year old. Like I said before, he had the same arm strength as many guys who have succeeded. He is at very least a poor man's Drew Brees. Which makes him well worth the money he is paid, considering how good Brees is. Now he is going to a dome, where half his games will be played without wind conditions. That is exactly what Brees did, like I pointed out earlier. He will also play in a dome in DET too. That's 9 guaranteed dome games a season. 

Diggs and Thelien are looking like stellar WRs. I think Diggs is a real star if given the chance, but AT is also pretty talented and out shined Diggs last season. That's a good group to have, with Cook in the backfield who can catch too, if healthy. The team he chose shows how smart the guy is TBH. Of the teams out there after him, he chose the best possible spot for him. 

On 3/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, paco said:

You want me to dig up the video of him telling Gruden that he won't attempt those throws? Cuz I'll do that. 

Not that I need to because that has been talked about here extensively and you are just now catching up.

On 3/16/2018 at 12:44 AM, nottingham14 said:

You can dig up all you want, there are routes a lot of QBs don't throw often. If you think Cousins is somehow on the bottom rung of arm strength you are kidding yourself. 

You got to consider with scouts, these are the same people who tried to say Byron Leftwich had a weak arm, and Culpepper had a cannon. Not to mention several scouts thought Johnny Manziels are was "above average." Which was laughable. 

Here is the exact quote I was thinking of

"If he does have a weakness, it’s that he’s too much of a perfectionist,” Gruden says. "He wants everything to be perfect. Unfortunately, I can’t get guys 30 f—ing yards open all the time. There are going to be some tight-window throws he’s going to have to throw some days. I’ll call some of these in practice, and if it doesn’t look exactly the way I drew it up, he’ll [say], ‘I don’t know if I like that. I can’t call it in a game.’ I’m like, ‘Bud, c’mon.'”

Cousins chuckled when told of Gruden’s comments. "If I played the way Jay is suggesting,” he says, "I’d throw 20 interceptions a year, and I wouldn’t last. I know my limitations.”

and

106.7 The Fan’s Craig Hoffman asked Gruden to clarify his position: "Kirk had a quote in a story that came out last week that if he played the way you wanted him to play, he’d throw 20 picks a year –”

"He’d also throw 60 touchdowns a year,” Gruden quipped.

"How much are you pushing him to push the ball down the field more, versus wanting him to be comfortable and confident in the throws he makes,” Hoffman asked. "And knowing there is a chance –”

"I always tell him, ultimately, he’s got the ball to make the decisions,” Gruden interjected. "We just call the plays and try to get him progression reads and man-to-man, take your shots with the matchups that you like.”

"But ultimately he’s the one that’s going to make the decisions of what he feels good about making throws,” he said. "I think there is going to be a point in time where he’s going to have to give some receivers some chances that maybe look a little covered, but give them a chance to uncover or give them a chance to make a play.”

"That’s probably the one area that we can force the issue on a little bit to give these receivers chances down the field,” he said. "Other than that, man, I think he’s playing great, and when the ball is complete, I never criticize. We just always talk about other options possible for the next time we call it. That’s all, but he is doing good.”

That's straight from the coach and QB.  But what do I know?

2 minutes ago, paco said:

It's not something open ended so that if it does end up happening, @nottingham14 could be like "Ha Ha, I told you so".  No, this was him talking about something that supposedly was said in the past but a little bit of research shows that @nottingham14 was just talking out of his a** to support his rant.  It's factually inaccurate and unchangeable, so @nottingham14 will ignore it.

I'm sure he will also ignore that when I stated that Cousins flat out told Gruden he wouldn't throw certain routes, @nottingham14 basically laughed at me and called me a liar.  But unlike  @nottingham14 , I'm able to back that up with quotes from both parties.

@nottingham14, if you are going to compare Kirk Cousins to anyone, Case Keenum is a more accurate comparison.

@nottingham14 knows less about Kirk Cousins than the people over at Extremeskins.

Let that special kind of stupid sink in.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:03 PM, Outlaw said:

I just slid over to the JJ thread and smacked him around for you.

Classic Brees