55thAndRams

Superstars signing with a division rival.

Sherman signing with the Niners has me wondering...what are some other instances of superstar players signing with their former team's divisional rival when they move on?  The only other specific one I can think of is Desean Jackson signing with the Redskins after he left Philly, but I'm sure there are a few more instances.  Wes Welker going from New England to Denver was practically the same thing since the Patriots biggest rival was always Whoever Peyton Manning Plays For.

Harold Carmichael signed with Dallas, back in 1984. Randall Cunningham also signed with Dallas after he left Minnesota in 2000. Brett Favre to the Vikings. Jim McMahon played for the Packers from 95 to 96. Art Monk played for the Eagles, as did Mark Bavaro. Mark Rypien played for the Eagles in 96.

It happens.

Lavar Arrington gave back $5 million in signing bonus money back to Washington in 2006 so they would release him. Afterwards he signed with the giants.

The year before Antonio Pierce jumped from DC to NYG as well

Jerry Rice went from San Francisco to the Raiders, but after the Raiders he went to the Seahawks.

In the AFC, the Seahawks were divisional rivals to the Raiders. In the NFC, they're divisional rivals to the 49ers.

Charles Haley and Deion going back and forth from DAL to SF when they were the league's dominant teams qualifies.

I think Wes Walker to NE was a trade.

7 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Chris Boniol from Dallas to Philly. <_<

Luis Zendejas from Dallas to Philly, then from Philly to Dallas and the target of the Bounty Bowl.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Luis Zendejas from Dallas to Philly, then from Philly to Dallas and the target of the Bounty Bowl.

He's before my time watching. I didn't know he went back and fourth.

41 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Danny Amendola going from the Pats to the Phins.

Wes Welker going from the Phins to the Pats

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He's before my time watching. I didn't know he went back and fourth.

I was in the Army at Fort Hood, not too far from Dallas at the time of the Bounty Bowl.

His brother Max and his cousin Tony also kicked in the NFL. Max went from Dallas to the Redskins, but that was because he didn't make the team in Dallas after pre-season.

Mark Moseley went from the Eagles to the Oilers and eventually to the Redskins back in the 70's before my time. But since I was an Eagles fan while Moseley was kicking for the Redskins in the late 70's and into the 80's, my Redskins fan brothers always let me know that he used to kick for the Eagles, once upon a time.

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Chris Boniol from Dallas to Philly. <_<

Demarco Murray from Dallas to Philly <_<

7 minutes ago, paco said:

Demarco Murray from Dallas to Philly <_<

Can't believe that one slipped my mind. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Emmitt Smith to the Cardinals

I think he was 2 years away from qualifying. He left Dallas in 03, 2 years after they were no longer a division rival.

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think he was 2 years away from qualifying. He left Dallas in 03, 2 years after they were no longer a division rival.

Actually, the Cardinals were never a 'rival' to anyone in the division. But I'd still count them.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Actually, the Cardinals were never a 'rival' to anyone in the division. But I'd still count them.

Well, that's true lol. Still always hated playing them. Even when they were bad, they always gave us fits. I'll never forget the 01 home game, that bastid Mar'tay Jenkins. <_<