55thAndRams

Superstars signing with a division rival.

I don't think trades count. It's not like in a trade the player did it out of spite or for a revenge factor.

But if counting trades McNabb to Washington.

Brian Mitchell went from the Skins to the Eagles, and then to the Giants.  But he said he would NEVER play for the godless dirt stars 

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Luis Zendejas from Dallas to Philly, then from Philly to Dallas and the target of the Bounty Bowl.

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He's before my time watching. I didn't know he went back and fourth.

yeah, correct if I'm wrong VA, but didn't Luis & Roger Ruzek basically just keep swapping apartment keys? :lol: 

and on another note, did anyone mention Jeremiah Trotter? Eagles-Redskins-Eagles

also a few guys migrated from Philly to Arizona with Buddy Ryan. Seth Joyner and Clyde Simmons coming to mind.

Vai Sikahema and Roy Green both left the Cardinals for Philly, didn't they? 

1 hour ago, The_Talon said:

yeah, correct if I'm wrong VA, but didn't Luis & Roger Ruzek basically just keep swapping apartment keys? :lol: 

and on another note, did anyone mention Jeremiah Trotter? Eagles-Redskins-Eagles

Good one with Trotter. 

6 hours ago, The_Talon said:

Ruzek went from Dallas in the late 80's to the Eagles but he never went back to them after he left Philadelphia.

You may be thinking of Sean Landeta. He started off with the Eagles, then jumped to the Stars in the USFL, then jumped to the Giants then moved to the Rams, Bucs and Packers then back to the Eagles, then back to the Rams then back to the Eagles and finally back to the Giants. He started his career in 1983 and ended it in 2006.

If I remember correctly, he was the last player permitted to wear the 1 bar facemask. I think he had it on a bit of a swivel so that he could move it down for a better field of vision. But I won't swear that it was him, it could have been one of the other kickers who wore the 1 bar.

Longtime-NFL-punter-Sean-Landeta-retires.jpg.5b716ce7505aa77d4eff55d6c628e95b.jpg

I just looked him up after I typed all that, to get the order of his teams right, and he's in the NFL 1980's All-Decade Team, the NFL 1990's All-Decade Team, the Giants All Time Team, the Eagles 75th Anniversary Team, the St. Louis Rams 20th Anniversary Team and the USFL All Time Team.

Pretty impressive for a punter who isn't in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

52 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Most of the guys named in this thread were not superstars either

Yeah, but most of the people who've ever played in the NFL weren't/aren't Super Stars. There's very few of those when you take into account all players. After all, the Pro-Football Hall of Fame covers the entire history of the NFL/AFL/AAFL and in that entire history, there's only 318 Hall of Famers. So we have to make a few (or a lot of) exceptions lol.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, but most of the people who've ever played in the NFL weren't/aren't Super Stars. There's very few of those when you take into account all players. After all, the Pro-Football Hall of Fame covers the entire history of the NFL/AFL/AAFL and in that entire history, there's only 318 Hall of Famers. So we have to make a few (or a lot of) exceptions lol.

Just pointing out the thread was supposed to be SUPERSTARS who SIGNED with another team in the division. Not just any player who was traded. Neither trades or non star players really apply.

Also guys can be superstars and not make the Hall of fame.

5 hours ago, boogyman said:

Most of the guys named in this thread were not superstars either

Agreed. Otherwise I'd add Dhani Jones from the Giants and regular ties to the Eagles and bow ties. 

Some people *cough* @Agent23 *cough* consider DRC a superstar. He went from the Eagles to the Broncos to the Giants. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You may be thinking of Sean Landeta. He started off with the Eagles, then jumped to the Stars in the USFL, then jumped to the Giants then moved to the Rams, Bucs and Packers then back to the Eagles, then back to the Rams then back to the Eagles and finally back to the Giants. He started his career in 1983 and ended it in 2006.

Pretty sure Landeta did not start off with the Eagles. He went directly from college to the Stars.

2 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Pretty sure Landeta did not start off with the Eagles. He went directly from college to the Stars.

You're right, when I double checked the teams, I read 'Philadelphia Stars' and in my head, all I saw was 'Philadelphia' then the next team on the list was the Baltimore Stars. It was late... lol

On 3/15/2018 at 3:40 PM, 55thAndRams said:

Sherman signing with the Niners has me wondering...what are some other instances of superstar players signing with their former team's divisional rival when they move on?  The only other specific one I can think of is Desean Jackson signing with the Redskins after he left Philly, but I'm sure there are a few more instances.  Wes Welker going from New England to Denver was practically the same thing since the Patriots biggest rival was always Whoever Peyton Manning Plays For.

New England faced Baltimore in the playoffs 4 times in 5 years from 2009 to 2014. (each team won twice)

Pittsburgh is their big rival now.

Manning was their doormat in Indy for 13 years outside of 1 moment (the 2006 AFCCG).

Manning on HGH (the stuff was shipped to his house) did beat them in 2013 and 2015, but I doubt they'd call him their big rival.

He was a poor man's Trent Dilfer in 2015

Peyton was not even their biggest rival out of his family (Eli was).

15 hours ago, ggs5008 said:

Jeremiah trotter

Trotter is a great example. Philly to DC to Philly

In 2004 he was killing the Redskins while counting more against their cap than against the Eagles cap.

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You're right, when I double checked the teams, I read 'Philadelphia Stars' and in my head, all I saw was 'Philadelphia' then the next team on the list was the Baltimore Stars. It was late... lol

William Fuller was also a Star and an Eagle. Were there any others?

17 minutes ago, skippyx said:

William Fuller was also a Star and an Eagle. Were there any others?

Not that come to mind. Kelvin Bryant was our RB with the Stars but he wound up with the Redskins. Without checking, I don't think Chuck Fusina made it to the NFL. Of course, Sam Mills made it to the NFL. He played with the Saints and then the Panthers. Jim Mora went on to coach the Saints and Colts.

But off the top of my head, I can't really think of any others.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Not that come to mind. Kelvin Bryant was our RB with the Stars but he wound up with the Redskins. Without checking, I don't think Chuck Fusina made it to the NFL. Of course, Sam Mills made it to the NFL. He played with the Saints and then the Panthers. Jim Mora went on to coach the Saints and Colts.

But off the top of my head, I can't really think of any others.

Sam Mills was my favorite Philadelphia Stars player.   He was a monster.   I loved how he was only 5',9" but weighed 225 lbs -  because at the time, I was 5',10" and weighed 130 lbs.   :D

15 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

Sam Mills was my favorite Philadelphia Stars player.   He was a monster.   I loved how he was only 5',9" but weighed 225 lbs -  because at the time, I was 5',10" and weighed 130 lbs.   :D

Yeah, I loved him too. Kelvin Bryant also... and I can't remember who it was, but I seem to recall a WR that I liked. I'll have to look at the rosters or maybe re-watch some of the games on YouTube. I loved the USFL back in the day, though.

On 3/15/2018 at 3:30 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

Can't believe that one slipped my mind. :facepalm:

Probably because Murray was never a superstar 

On 3/15/2018 at 10:17 PM, downundermike said:

Steve Smith and Ruben Randle, we really robbed the Giants in those situations.

How dare you speak ill of the 2nd best receiver on the team if hed have made the team lol