Sign in to follow this  
skippyx

Jets make their Franchise QB Trade

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Especially behind that O line... I mean sure it's improved a little this summer with Nate but it needs a lot of work.

Personally though I think Rosen or Mayfield are great fits. I don't think Allen or Darnold are. 

The OL already has new starters at 4 positions and I’m almost positive they’re going to use the second round pick to fill the right guard spot (if they don’t get Nelson in the first), so we’re not sure how they’ll perform. All 4 of these QBs have strengths and weaknesses so I’m still not sure which one is the right fit. What about Allen and Darnold makes them bad fits? Mayfield in NY could be a disaster. Imagine that kid has some success right out of the gate. Curious how he would handle it. 

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

All 4 of these QBs have strengths and weaknesses so I’m still not sure which one is the right fit

You're absolutely right but surely... Surely you have to go QB? I mean I get the need to beef up your O line but surely QB is the priority? Eli is getting on and let's be honest has been regressing and how often are you going to be in a position like this in the draft? 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're absolutely right but surely... Surely you have to go QB? I mean I get the need to beef up your O line but surely QB is the priority? Eli is getting on and let's be honest has been regressing and how often are you going to be in a position like this in the draft? 

It's the most logical and probably the safest move, but if they wind up with Barkley or a boatload of extra picks by moving down I won't be devastated.

Heck, if the prognosticators are correct, we'll be right back in the top 10 next season, maybe with multiple first rounders (if the right trade down happens) to work with.

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's the most logical and probably the safest move, but if they wind up with Barkley or a boatload of extra picks by moving down I won't be devastated.

Heck, if the prognosticators are correct, we'll be right back in the top 10 next season, maybe with multiple first rounders (if the right trade down happens) to work with.

I mean I've liked this because yeah for you that would be good... Of course as an Eagles fan I'm happy to see you draft in the top 10 for a long time to come. 

I don't know that the Giants line will be good, but it will be different. Flowers was a grenade that could explode in Eli's face at any time. He is probably the biggest reason that Reese got fired. (Eli Apple helped too) You can't take a project at LT with the 9th overall pick and then put your QB at risk on every play for 3 years.

So umm... I'd completely missed that the Jets had brought back McCown and then brought in Teddy? I don't remember seeing a thread for that but maybe I missed it. 

Anyone else puzzled by that? I mean sure I can understand why they brought back Josh. He's an experienced guy and can help along the rookie. But bringing in Teddy? And I can't imagine he's too pleased... Josh is the starter and will presumably groom the rookie so at what point does Bridgewater get a shot in NY? 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So umm... I'd completely missed that the Jets had brought back McCown and then brought in Teddy? I don't remember seeing a thread for that but maybe I missed it. 

Anyone else puzzled by that? I mean sure I can understand why they brought back Josh. He's an experienced guy and can help along the rookie. But bringing in Teddy? And I can't imagine he's too pleased... Josh is the starter and will presumably groom the rookie so at what point does Bridgewater get a shot in NY? 

The Jets are as clueless as the Browns

McCown is making 10 million as the starter and Bridgewater can make up to 6 million if he makes the team.

Neither have a long term commitment.

They could walk away from Teddy with only the 500k bonus they gave him to sign.

The Jets are still mostly clueless, but these deals are not awful.