schugeorge1967

Rams gonna be tough...

Recommended Posts

If they end up adding Suh it could could make for a very interesting NFC race. Along with what Minnesota has done I see this being a three-team race which anyone of us could win... of course let's not forget about New Orleans. I do still believe that if everyone is healthy that we still have the better team top to bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, schugeorge1967 said:

If they end up adding Suh it could could make for a very interesting NFC race. Along with what Minnesota has done I see this being a three-team race which anyone of us could win... of course let's not forget about New Orleans. I do still believe that if everyone is healthy that we still have the better team top to bottom.

I'm not ready to announce LA as the force to be reckoned with just yet. 

As of right now they don't have enough on the D line in terms of guys getting to the QB. Don't get me wrong Donald is insane and adding Suh would be crazy but they need more. And yeah OK they've beefed up their secondary but I'm not terrified by it. 

I'm still waiting to see if McVay is the real deal or if he drops back a little next year. I'm still waiting to see if Goff can continue to improve. Yes both could, yes both could form a great tandem for years to come but we need proof first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ggs5008 said:

Yup, Vikings rams will be tough this year. 

Saints and Packers too. The NFC is going to be a buzz saw once again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not ready to announce LA as the force to be reckoned with just yet. 

As of right now they don't have enough on the D line in terms of guys getting to the QB. Don't get me wrong Donald is insane and adding Suh would be crazy but they need more. And yeah OK they've beefed up their secondary but I'm not terrified by it. 

I'm still waiting to see if McVay is the real deal or if he drops back a little next year. I'm still waiting to see if Goff can continue to improve. Yes both could, yes both could form a great tandem for years to come but we need proof first. 

. I want to see if Goff can carry this team without a running a strong running game. I got a feeling the Rams are built closer to the Cowboys that they are to the Eagles in that if anything happens to Gurley they are done...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

. I want to see if Goff can carry this team without a running a strong running game. I got a feeling the Rams are built closer to the Cowboys that they are to the Eagles in that if anything happens to Gurley they are done...

Yeah I would go with that. I thought Goff showed real improvement but I'm not convinced he's the real deal or is going to be a top top QB. I think in the right system and with a dominant running game he can be good but I think he needs to do more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I would go with that. I thought Goff showed real improvement but I'm not convinced he's the real deal or is going to be a top top QB. I think in the right system and with a dominant running game he can be good but I think he needs to do more. 

Agree. I need to see more. HE is the #1 over all pic and was taken above Wentz. Gurley might be the best RB in the league right now. With your QB being the #1 overall pic and the best RB in the game this offense should be elite this season. But Goff needs to live up to the hype to do it. He sure didnt do that against the Falcons in the WC game at home...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree. I need to see more. HE is the #1 over all pic and was taken above Wentz. Gurley might be the best RB in the league right now. With your QB being the #1 overall pic and the best RB in the game this offense should be elite this season. But Goff needs to live up to the hype to do it. He sure didnt do that against the Falcons in the WC game at home...

And although he was the first QB to be taken that year I don't think he was the best. And I know we are biased but I definitely don't think he was. I think he was deemed as the most nfl ready at the time and that's why the Rams took him because at the time Fisher and the GM knew they were on borrowed time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And although he was the first QB to be taken that year I don't think he was the best. And I know we are biased but I definitely don't think he was. I think he was deemed as the most nfl ready at the time and that's why the Rams took him because at the time Fisher and the GM knew they were on borrowed time. 

Agree. And to think they could have just dumped Fisher and kept Foles, stood pat in the draft instead of moving up for Goff and Foles would have probably got them past the falcons, and possible past a Folesless Eagles...

IF there is a fan base tghat should be salty with the Eagles its the Rams. They had to watch Foles come in and beat them and then lead the Eagles to a Championship while Goff stunk up the WC game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree. And to think they could have just dumped Fisher and kept Foles, stood pat in the draft instead of moving up for Goff and Foles would have probably got them past the falcons, and possible past a Folesless Eagles...

Well... I guess things would have been very very different so we can thank Fisher for being a gigantic moron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well... I guess things would have been very very different so we can thank Fisher for being a gigantic moron. 

Yes that's crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree. And to think they could have just dumped Fisher and kept Foles, stood pat in the draft instead of moving up for Goff and Foles would have probably got them past the falcons, and possible past a Folesless Eagles...

IF there is a fan base tghat should be salty with the Eagles its the Rams. They had to watch Foles come in and beat them and then lead the Eagles to a Championship while Goff stunk up the WC game.

Foles was dumped by the rams way before any of that was a thougt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Foles was dumped by the rams way before any of that was a thougt

I believe your correct. But the point stands I believe.  They dumped the wrong guy 1st.  Fisher should have got the axe a year (if not 2) years earlier than he did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rams were the surprise team of the NFL in 2017.  Though I think the current Rams team has a bright future in front of them, I think they take a step back in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree. And to think they could have just dumped Fisher and kept Foles, stood pat in the draft instead of moving up for Goff and Foles would have probably got them past the falcons, and possible past a Folesless Eagles...

IF there is a fan base tghat should be salty with the Eagles its the Rams. They had to watch Foles come in and beat them and then lead the Eagles to a Championship while Goff stunk up the WC game.

You forgot that the other Rams backup QB on their 2015 team, Case Keenum, led the Vikings to a win over the Rams during the regular season, a win that ultimately cost the Rams a first round bye in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rams are worse than last year and Suh is a loser joke.

I would love them to give Suh a huge deal because it will mean no long term deal with Aaron Donald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

The Rams were the surprise team of the NFL in 2017.  Though I think the current Rams team has a bright future in front of them, I think they take a step back in 2018.

I agree. They’re not going to sneak up on anyone this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Agree. I need to see more. HE is the #1 over all pic and was taken above Wentz. Gurley might be the best RB in the league right now. With your QB being the #1 overall pic and the best RB in the game this offense should be elite this season. But Goff needs to live up to the hype to do it. He sure didnt do that against the Falcons in the WC game at home...

The whole playoff team looked like the old Rams. They got utterly manhandled by a wildcard team that had to travel cross country.

That's when I began to give the Rams the side-eye. Not sure if it was coaching or what, but that was inexcusable.

Also makes me wonder if the book on how to stop them is out already. They don't strike me as a very creative offense.

Eagles and Vikes lead this year with Saints and Falcons close behind. Without Jordy, Rodgers has almost zero to work with. And he'll once again get killed behind that line and no running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The eagles were better than the rams, vikings and saints and have added some nice pieces this offseason which made them better, as have the rams and vikings.

But the eagles are getting an all-pro LT back, their MLB and their MVP QB back from injuries.  As good as the NFC is, the eagles are going to be a f------ nightmare for teams to play and everybody knows it.  And Roseman and douglas aren't done yet this offseason.  I'm convinced that Howie and Douglas still have a couple big moves up their sleeves in the next month or two that will add even more talent here.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

 

The eagles vs rams came this season is gunna be a Sunday night affair gauranteed.  I’ll be there. Hope it’s somewhere between week 4-8.  Not early or late in the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now