schugeorge1967

Rams gonna be tough...

1 hour ago, mogwi411 said:

Maybe the rams will hire their oline coach as d-coordinator too.  

I guess we'll all see what happens but i think if the eagles signed suh, peters and talib the eagles fans would be talking more about a repeat sb than Vince young's  stupid dream team remark.  And we shouldn't be knocking teams about headcases when our new de is already arrested. 

I would. Didn’t want Suh and didn’t want Talib.

2 hours ago, mogwi411 said:

Maybe the rams will hire their oline coach as d-coordinator too.  

I guess we'll all see what happens but i think if the eagles signed suh, peters and talib the eagles fans would be talking more about a repeat sb than Vince young's  stupid dream team remark.  And we shouldn't be knocking teams about headcases when our new de is already arrested. 

No one is knocking anything. Most are actually giving the Rams props. It's just the reality that all of it will have to come together. Some are already saying that the Rams are going to win the Super Bowl in March because of some moves. That rarely is the case. A lot more has to go their way.

On 3/26/2018 at 7:50 PM, nveagle5 said:

"They said I couldn't block Suh!"

0208-jason-kelce-speech-still-1.jpg

2:18 ? kelce vs suh without a double team is a problem. 

Well I'm sure the coaches might consider having a FB/TE/extra OL in on a few plays to help contain Suh.

10 hours ago, nveagle5 said:

Well I'm sure the coaches might consider having a FB/TE/extra OL in on a few plays to help contain Suh.

That's why I didn't want suh to go to a team with another great DT unless that DT was named Fletcher Cox and unfortunately he went to the team with the best pass rushing DT in the league.  But looking back at the highlights of the rams game I noticed our guards (both wis and brooks) and even Big V seemed to do pretty well against Donald even when they were singled on him.  I wish I had nfl gamepass so I could go look at every throw and see how the eagles fared and how many times they didn't double donald.  It'll be interesting to see how they do in a 3-4 with donald, brockers, and suh.  I kinda think they might be more effective as a 4-3 with suh right next to donald.  Suh on a team where you can just double him, like in miami doesn't worry me much.

Rams will probably do what I kind of wished the eagles could do.  Play press man on the outside to keep wr's from getting into short timing routes and betting on their pass rush to get to the qb.  The eagles were great at getting qbs to throw quickly but our WRs seemed to play off coverage most of the time.

Just like every other year teams will be tough that were thought to be weak, and teams will be weak that were thought to be tough. It's the NFL. Then you have teams decimated by injuries, and the backups were inadequate. It simply impossible to predict 1 year from the next..
Only one team has bucked that trend and they have Tom Brady.

UK_EaglesFan89,  I'm not terrified either, especially if our O-Line can remain healthy. In fact, I feel confident that our line can match up, and dominate any front 4. After the way we handled perhaps the best front (Vikings) in football in the playoffs I absolutely believe we have the best o-line in the league. Suh, is a great addition though, and if he plays like he has in the past the Rams' front will be scary. Just as ours is now. Adding Ngata was a brilliant move by Roseman. Lets just hope this Bennett thing blows over and that there is no truth to the severity of it as the Houston PD makes it sound.

Man I remember that game against Miami where Suh just manhandled kelce all day. It wasn't pretty. In all fairness though Jason has seemed to regain his mojo because for a few seasons there he looked really bad. Props to the team for sticking with him for whatever reason because me along with most of the fanbase was past done with him and ready to move on.

On 3/21/2018 at 3:23 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I would go with that. I thought Goff showed real improvement but I'm not convinced he's the real deal or is going to be a top top QB. I think in the right system and with a dominant running game he can be good but I think he needs to do more. 

Eagles got the better QB hands down the Rams could be really special with Wentz

5 hours ago, greenpassion said:

Man I remember that game against Miami where Suh just manhandled kelce all day. It wasn't pretty. In all fairness though Jason has seemed to regain his mojo because for a few seasons there he looked really bad. Props to the team for sticking with him for whatever reason because me along with most of the fanbase was past done with him and ready to move on.

In all fairness the gurads playing along side of him were also going in and out of the line up as well

14 hours ago, C Simmons 96 said:

Eagles got the better QB hands down the Rams could be really special with Wentz

Any team could be special with Wentz I'm pretty sure of that. 

Suh and Donald inside is gonna be tough, but Our offensive traps and pulls put plenty of star DT's to shame this past year. Stoutland has these guys delivering, and Vee has gained a step. With another O-line draftee, we will have the full rotation relief we will need, keeping the OL fresher, less likely to get injured. Philly has strength in numbers the Rams just don't have. Look at their saggy 4th qtr stats. No depth. Gassed. Even with their new collection of problem children, the Rams just aren't there yet. Our real opponent are the Vikings with Cousins, Cook, and whatever John deFillipo is serving up in their game plan. The Rams are one star player injury away from a mediocre season. Philly can weather half a dozen and still dominate at the championship level.

13 minutes ago, jfrost4 said:

After getting Cooks I think that puts them at the top of the Nfc ( on paper)

No shot. The Eagles are still at the top. It's very hard to mix and match star players like this and have it all come together in year 1. They'll flame out and a new challenger will emerge.

It's hard to compare directly  given 3-4 vs 4-3 but here's my best shot.

Safety: Eagles (close),  CB: Rams (by a lot) ILB: Eagles, EDGE: Eagles (by a lot) Interior DL: Rams, OL: Eagles (close), RB: Rams, WR: Tie? (Hard to tell with Cooks and Wallace in the fold), TE: Eagles (by a lot), QB: Eagles

Don't get me wrong they should be very very good but if we're playing the "on paper" off season game it's not like they've clearly separated themselves from us.  It'll come down to player development and coaching and while I have a lot of respect for McVay and Phillips, they have a tough task ahead of them integrating so many new guys on both sides of the ball.

The Rams are trying to load up but their franchise QB is still the guy that literally didn't know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. #NotSoBright

*edit* - Almost forgot, he's also the QB who needs his Head Coach to read the defense for him pre-snap until the headset cuts off. 

20 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

The Rams are trying to load up but their franchise QB is still the guy that literally didn't know the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. #NotSoBright

*edit* - Almost forgot, he's also the QB who needs his Head Coach to read the defense for him pre-snap until the headset cuts off. 

Must be a flat earther

8 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

WR: Tie? (Hard to tell with Cooks and Wallace in the fold),

Tie? Not a chance. Cooks is a nice addition with his speed but Jeffery is better than anything they have, Agholor is a better slot receiver until I see Kupp do it for another year and Wallace makes us a better deep threat team than last year. We have the better WR options overall for sure. 

3 hours ago, Iron_Eagle_04 said:

:sleep: Not scared.

The dawn of the Eagle kingdom has arrived.   Its Eagles world now,  everyone else just lives in it.  

Hell yeah brother! Rams are all in on one year. We are set for years to come.