schugeorge1967

Rams gonna be tough...

On 4/3/2018 at 5:53 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Any team could be special with Wentz I'm pretty sure of that. 

yes of course no knock on Goff I just think that Wentz will be the better QB in there careers baring injury of course

Going for a Super Bowl run, for sure.

I wonder if they are also worried about the possible emergence of the 49ers for years to come, along side them.

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Going for a Super Bowl run, for sure.

I wonder if they are also worried about the possible emergence of the 49ers for years to come, along side them.

But the Niners look like they are building for the future. The Rams are building for the now. 

This should be interesting to watch. The team with the best high end talent vs the team with the deepest roster. 

The eagles will get a first round bye and home field throughout the playoffs.   I haven't seen enough moves by any NFC team that would convince me that coming into the Linc and beating the eagles in the playoffs is probable.......Playing the eagles at the Linc is a nightmare for teams......

6 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The eagles will get a first round bye and home field throughout the playoffs.   I haven't seen enough moves by any NFC team that would convince me that coming into the Linc and beating the eagles in the playoffs is probable.......Playing the eagles at the Linc is a nightmare for teams......

Eh, historically the Eagles are an ok team at home in the playoffs. Last season was the franchises' magical year. It will be interesting to see if they can repeat it.

59 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Eh, historically the Eagles are an ok team at home in the playoffs. Last season was the franchises' magical year. It will be interesting to see if they can repeat it.

History doesn't influence the current team and future playoffs.......mean absolutely nothing.  

But yes, last year was something special.  And the current team is still very talented and Wentz is going to come back wanting to stand on the podium like Foles did.....he was motivated already......he's going to be driven like it never happened.

Repeating in the NFL is really difficult......but it will be a measure of just how good the eagles are and whether or not Pederson can adjust to losing Reich and Defilippo.

12 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

History doesn't influence the current team and future playoffs.......mean absolutely nothing.  

But yes, last year was something special.  And the current team is still very talented and Wentz is going to come back wanting to stand on the podium like Foles did.....he was motivated already......he's going to be driven like it never happened.

Repeating in the NFL is really difficult......but it will be a measure of just how good the eagles are and whether or not Pederson can adjust to losing Reich and Defilippo.

Our schedule is waaaay harder this year though. I think penciling us into homefield is premature. Every year is different. Remember week 1 last year when pukes and gina fans were cocky and thought their teams were good? Well the previous year they were 13-3 and 11-5....

I dont see the eagles falling off but they will face a taller order this year.

1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

Our schedule is waaaay harder this year though. I think penciling us into homefield is premature. Every year is different. Remember week 1 last year when pukes and gina fans were cocky and thought their teams were good? Well the previous year they were 13-3 and 11-5....

I dont see the eagles falling off but they will face a taller order this year.

Well, I NEVER give any consideration to strength of schedule.....it's proven that it means absolutely nothing, just as your post points out.

Home field advantage in the playoffs is always tough to accomplish, but I'm simply making a prediction.

Nobody really figured out Wentz and the offense last year......the losses to KC and Seattle, the offense shot themselves in the foot and it cost them the game.  I don't see any defense stopping the eagles consistently in the list of opponents....Especially if they add another solid back in the draft and with the addition of mike wallace.....he's better than torrey smith and truly gives the eagles the speed deep threat.

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Most of the current team is undefeated at the link in the playoffs. 2-0. 

On 4/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, BKLYNYG said:

No shot. The Eagles are still at the top. It's very hard to mix and match star players like this and have it all come together in year 1. They'll flame out and a new challenger will emerge.

Didn't the Eagles add Jernigan, Jeffrey, Smith, Ajayi and Darby last season?

2 hours ago, jfrost4 said:

I wouldn't exactly call those guys stars. And of all of those guys, Ajayi was essentially the only guy with "character" concerns.

But your point makes sense, it's just that the Eagles truly did their homework this time and didn't make the same mistake from many years ago.

2 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I wouldn't exactly call those guys stars. And of all of those guys, Ajayi was essentially the only guy with "character" concerns.

But your point makes sense, it's just that the Eagles truly did their homework this time and didn't make the same mistake from many years ago.

Yeah the Rams added 3 guys with huge character concerns. Big difference.

3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

The Eagles made more moves in the offseason and during the regular season than a SB champ typically makes. They didn’t do extra homework. They took calculated risks and they just happened to work out. Hat tip...

6 hours ago, jfrost4 said:

Fair point. Not exactly star players, but they definitely made lots of moves. 

9 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Eagles made more moves in the offseason and during the regular season than a SB champ typically makes. They didn’t do extra homework. They took calculated risks and they just happened to work out. Hat tip...

They actually did do their homework and due diligence. Sure you could say those were risks, but any FA signing is a risk in itself.

It's just this time around, the Eagles safeguarded themselves with contracts that wouldn't hurt them and signed players who they felt didn't have to make an instant impact.

When you look at the Eagles FA history prior to 2016, many of the signings felt forced or they were putting all their eggs into one basket. Byron Maxwell, Asomugha, Demarco Murray, Patrick Chung, Ronnie Brown etc. 

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

It's just this time around, the Eagles safeguarded themselves with contracts that wouldn't hurt them and signed players who they felt didn't have to make an instant impact.

Spot on my friend. They made logical and sensible moves. Trading back in the third to bring in Jernigan. Trading a third and a WR they no longer needed or wanted for a high upside corner. Giving players a shot who filled a need and had a point to prove. 

On 4/5/2018 at 12:53 PM, birdman#12 said:

Well, I NEVER give any consideration to strength of schedule.....it's proven that it means absolutely nothing, just as your post points out.

Home field advantage in the playoffs is always tough to accomplish, but I'm simply making a prediction.

Nobody really figured out Wentz and the offense last year......the losses to KC and Seattle, the offense shot themselves in the foot and it cost them the game.  I don't see any defense stopping the eagles consistently in the list of opponents....Especially if they add another solid back in the draft and with the addition of mike wallace.....he's better than torrey smith and truly gives the eagles the speed deep threat.

My post is more about year to year not always carrying over. Strength of schedule doesnt matter in terms of all wins counting the same. Saying it doesnt matter in terms of obtaining wins though? Playing the patriots is much different than playing the bears. Obviously the eagles proved they were legit last year by running through the falcons, vikings, and pats but our road to 13-3 definitely was aided by only playing 3 playoff teams. Facing 7 is a taller orde. Thats not to say all 7 will be good again but imo its a harder task at hand this year.

59 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

My post is more about year to year not always carrying over. Strength of schedule doesnt matter in terms of all wins counting the same. Saying it doesnt matter in terms of obtaining wins though? Playing the patriots is much different than playing the bears. Obviously the eagles proved they were legit last year by running through the falcons, vikings, and pats but our road to 13-3 definitely was aided by only playing 3 playoff teams. Facing 7 is a taller orde. Thats not to say all 7 will be good again but imo its a harder task at hand this year.

A lot of people were saying our schedule was incredibly difficult last year. While I was saying how? Lol. I only saw like 3 games last year that looked like they could be definite losses

19 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

A lot of people were saying our schedule was incredibly difficult last year. While I was saying how? Lol. I only saw like 3 games last year that looked like they could be definite losses

Really? Going in to the year I definitely thought we had a tough schedule but ultimately it was a year that just proved you can't judge teams before things get started. I mean we played Kansas at a bad time because that team in the end showed they weren't that great. But then we beat San Diego and actually they showed in the end that they were a pretty good team. 

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Really? Going in to the year I definitely thought we had a tough schedule but ultimately it was a year that just proved you can't judge teams before things get started. I mean we played Kansas at a bad time because that team in the end showed they weren't that great. But then we beat San Diego and actually they showed in the end that they were a pretty good team. 

I for the most part follow every team and all their roster moves and coaching changes. So I usually have a good idea on how the teams will look going into that year. It's kind of a hobby of mine I enjoy looking at rosters and what new schemes they will be running and what not. Plus I figured if Wentz would make even a little progress they would be able to beat a lot of teams. They were in every single game except 1 his rookie year and that was with a rookie coach and crappy receivers. 

19 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I for the most part follow every team and all their roster moves and coaching changes. So I usually have a good idea on how the teams will look going into that year. It's kind of a hobby of mine I enjoy looking at rosters and what new schemes they will be running and what not. Plus I figured if Wentz would make even a little progress they would be able to beat a lot of teams. They were in every single game except 1 his rookie year and that was with a rookie coach and crappy receivers. 

I love the enthusiasm and effort buddy. So ahead of the draft right now what are your thoughts on our schedule for this coming year? 

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I love the enthusiasm and effort buddy. So ahead of the draft right now what are your thoughts on our schedule for this coming year? 

Honestly, I don't see how this schedule is more difficult. They are calling it that but, I see it play out the same or easier as last year. There really isn't any player changes or coaching changes that may make any of those teams more difficult. Also our team is getting back big pieces as well.