Sign in to follow this  
Gmen4ever

JPP traded to the Bucs

So the Giants get their 3rd, and they swap 4th's.

LOVE this move, they never should have given him that contract in the first place

Jameis Winston called it

5.gif

19 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

So the Giants get their 3rd, and they swap 4th's.

LOVE this move, they never should have given him that contract in the first place

Literally my favorite move of the off season. Frees up a ton of cap space, we get a third rounder AND we get rid of an inconsistent JPP who plays a position that requires consistency. He's just not as impactful post injury and does not generate enough pressure.

These are the types of moves Reese would never make.

Adds another element of flexibility for them in the draft. If they have Chubb as their highest rated player then they can go ahead and take him at #2 and slide him right into JPP's spot.

Assuming they aren't going QB/Barkley/Trading down.

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Literally my favorite move of the off season. Frees up a ton of cap space, we get a third rounder AND we get rid of an inconsistent JPP who plays a position that requires consistency. He's just not as impactful post injury and does not generate enough pressure.

Same here. They take a $15 mil dead cap hit this year, but its still a $2.5 mil savings this year as well. I'm not exactly sure how that works, but thats what I read in a couple of places LOL

It saves them big time for the next two years, leaving more than enough to sign Beckham and/or Collins.

Reese never had the balls to do something like this.

34 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Frees up $2.5 million. Giants have to eat $15m dead money cap hit...

27 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Same here. They take a $15 mil dead cap hit this year, but its still a $2.5 mil savings this year as well. I'm not exactly sure how that works, but thats what I read in a couple of places LOL

It saves them big time for the next two years, leaving more than enough to sign Beckham and/or Collins.

Reese never had the balls to do something like this.

They're on the hook for the dead money because of the signing bonus. This move is about long term flexibility.

22 minutes ago, boogyman said:

And Brandon Graham is the official winner lol.

Disagree. JPP wins the first 5 years, Graham the last few years. Remember JPP has a SB ring as well and he dominated that year. Graham was a bust early in his career.

7 minutes ago, pencil face said:

Frees up $2.5 million. Giants have to eat $15m dead money cap hit...

Think they'll designate it as a post June cut to spread out the hit?

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

They're on the hook for the dead money because of the signing bonus. This move is about long term flexibility.

Disagree. JPP wins the first 5 years, Graham the last few years. Remember JPP has a SB ring as well and he dominated that year. Graham was a bust early in his career.

Graham was never considered a bust. He was injured the first few years, then Chip came along and thought it would be a good idea to make him a 3-4 LB  (square peg in a round hole). Most Eagles fans were disgruntled because BDawk left the nest and Earl Thomas was there for the taking.

Early in their careers I'd of taken JPP all day. He's still a good pass rusher, right now I'd take Graham. He just collapses his side of the field and is stout against the run. Plus he made the biggest defensive play in Eagles history...and I'm biased.

Eating $15 million is...ouch.

5 minutes ago, SD_Eagle said:

Graham was never considered a bust. He was injured the first few years, then Chip came along and thought it would be a good idea to make him a 3-4 LB  (square peg in a round hole). Most Eagles fans were disgruntled because BDawk left the nest and Earl Thomas was there for the taking.

Early in their careers I'd of taken JPP all day. He's still a good pass rusher, right now I'd take Graham. He just collapses his side of the field and is stout against the run. Plus he made the biggest defensive play in Eagles history...and I'm biased.

Eating $15 million is...ouch.

So basically what I said, minus the bust comment. Graham had a career year in 2017 and still doesn't even come close to JPP's 2011 SB wining year, so I'm a little biased as well.

That said, BG is the better player right now and I'm happy the Giants made this trade.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Sooooo, you still denying Qb at #2?

1 hour ago, paco said:

If I was the Giants, I wouldn't.  They still save money by cutting him this year and all the major players in free agency are gone anyways. Better to have that cap space for next season, imo.

I think this is a smart move by the Giants too. It also may be showing their cards and they go after Chubb, but who knows.

Not sure if this is the best move for the Bucs, but if they have the cap-space why not. They can always re-structure his deal to lower the hit and give him some guaranteed money. Or if he decides to stink it up they can leave his contract for the cost of a 3rd. But if he performs well, maybe it's what helps get them over the hump finally. JPP, Curry, Allen, McCoy is a pretty solid defensive line.

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

So basically what I said, minus the bust comment. Graham had a career year in 2017 and still doesn't even come close to JPP's 2011 SB wining year, so I'm a little biased as well.

That said, BG is the better player right now and I'm happy the Giants made this trade.

You guys are looking to compete with the browns for that #1 overall draft pick in 2019. Honestly i think youve got a great shot at it. Dont worry shurmer will make a deal to get bradford 

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Bucs look like they are going for broke this year.  JPP, Vinny Curry, Beau Allen all are going to be playing on the same offensive line.  

And the stud of that line is still Gerald McCoy.

9 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Sooooo, you still denying Qb at #2?

Never denied QB at #2. I just denied that QB was the only option. 

1 hour ago, paco said:

Nah they plan to take the $15m hit this year, so it frees them of JPP contract in 2019 giving them money to resign Odell and Landon Collins..

1 hour ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Bucs look like they are going for broke this year.  JPP, Vinny Curry, Beau Allen all are going to be playing on the same offensive line.  

Will Juan Castillo be the coach? ^_^ 

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

They are all switching from dlineman to olineman??