Sign in to follow this  
Uscg-Green

Giants asked for 2 first round picks for OBJ

Recommended Posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/28/report-giants-asked-for-two-first-round-picks-for-odell-beckham/

 

Good luck with that.  Maybe they set it so high because they actually want him around?  Especially with him stating he wants to be higest paid Player in League next year and won't step on field without a new deal. I don't even think the Browns would do that deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they'll settle for less if they get an offer. But I also think it's to show a message that they aren't THAT upset with him to give him away for peanuts, and maybe to let other teams know to not even bother contacting them unless they bring the goods to the table.

Truth be told, I'd say as a talent on the field he is easily worth two 1st rounders. But his recent injury and off field behaviour and pending new contract off-set that a bit... how much I'm not entirely sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, bet0_eagles said:

I sure hope he goes to a team outside the NFC East, but nobody is going to give two 1st rounders for a WR.

Look at all the teams that have won SB lately including us. DIsn't need top flight WR. I mean Alshon is great he's not top 10. It's been proven you don't need that though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bet0_eagles said:

I sure hope he goes to a team outside the NFC East, but nobody is going to give two 1st rounders for a WR.

I hope he stays in NY sucking up as much cap space as a QB.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

Look at all the teams that have won SB lately including us. DIsn't need top flight WR. I mean Alshon is great he's not top 10. It's been proven you don't need that though. 

You give up too much for star players and it's a recipe for struggles. The better organisations are the ones with the best overall teams and not necessarily a few star players. You need everyone to contribute to a SB winning year not just a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uscg-Green said:

Look at all the teams that have won SB lately including us. DIsn't need top flight WR. I mean Alshon is great he's not top 10. It's been proven you don't need that though. 

There's no one way to build a SB winner. I mean, everyone seems to think that you need a top flight QB to win it all, but guys like Eli (X2), Flacco, Foles and a broken down Payton have won SBs in recent years. None of those guys are elite players.  Atlanta came pretty damn close to winning the SB last year riding arguably the best WR in the league.

The Giants are putting out all kinds of misinformation right now. Not only about Beckham, but about the #2 pick and the overall direction of the team...which is absolutely the right thing to do. Reese would give away the entire farm right before the draft and get outmaneuvered at the last minute. I wouldn't trust anything that comes from the local media or the GM these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

top flight QB to win it all, but guys like Eli (X2),

I've got alot of Giants Fans in my life. They all consider Eli a Top Flight QB. (Or was anyway) I don't but I thought all Giant Fans thought so lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

I've got alot of Giants Fans in my life. They all consider Eli a Top Flight QB. (Or was anyway) I don't but I thought all Giant Fans thought so lol.

I think he's had a pretty remarkable career, maybe even HOF worthy, but he's never been a top 5 QB. He's also a terrible athlete, which makes his mistakes look even sillier than they actually are. But he's won two SBs and played well in both runs. Very hard guy to judge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

There's no one way to build a SB winner. I mean, everyone seems to think that you need a top flight QB to win it all, but guys like Eli (X2), Flacco, Foles and a broken down Payton have won SBs in recent years. None of those guys are elite players.  Atlanta came pretty damn close to winning the SB last year riding arguably the best WR in the league.

The Giants are putting out all kinds of misinformation right now. Not only about Beckham, but about the #2 pick and the overall direction of the team...which is absolutely the right thing to do. Reese would give away the entire farm right before the draft and get outmaneuvered at the last minute. I wouldn't trust anything that comes from the local media or the GM these days.

Question. Are majority of Giant Fans for or against re signing him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Uscg-Green said:

Question. Are majority of Giant Fans for or against re signing him?

Resigning Beckham? I think it's split right down the middle right now, maybe a slight majority (55-60%) would favor trading him if the right deal came along (1st and a 2nd rounder?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Resigning Beckham? I think it's split right down the middle right now, maybe a slight majority (55-60%) would favor trading him if the right deal came along (1st and a 2nd rounder?).

As someone already said talent wise they can prob ask for that.  I won't even go into his private life as a issue against him. I think its the I want to be highest paid Player and I'm not touching the field until I have a new deal that is gonna turn teams off. The personal stuff eh we've all seen talent trumps drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Question. Are majority of Giant Fans for or against re signing him?

I am for re-signing him, Eli look awful without him and if they draft a QB can't leave the young QB without a play maker...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

 

Odell-Beckham-Dog-Peeing-TD-800x445.jpg.772ab6d65229ee73dc339381b8afb276.jpg

Yeah I want this guy out of the nfc. The guy is a huge prima dona and a cry baby. Yes he's a hugely talented player but I can't stand to watch him because I can't stand the guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Uscg-Green said:

Question. Are majority of Giant Fans for or against re signing him?

I'm all for keeping him around, because the Giants already know what they have in him as far as ability and talent. Sure, some team may give up a lot to get him in a trade, but what if the draft picks the Giants receive wind up being busts, or marginally talented?

I dont pay the slightest bit of attention to what these guys do on their own time. I'm only interested in their on the field actions, and Beckham brings a lot to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I could see the Cowboys making a play for him.  Would you take a trade of Dez & a 1st for Beckham?

I don't see it. Dez is a bit of a prima dona and is at the end of his career. I think the Giants would want more than a first plus Dez. But they may take a first and another good pick plus Dez? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams interested. Beckham telling Rams players that he wants in. Rams just want everyone. Do they have the $$$?

Kind of weird that when the Rams move to L.A they become this successful and awesome team. #rigged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Rams interested. Beckham telling Rams players that he wants in. Rams just want everyone. Do they have the $$$?

Kind of weird that when the Rams move to L.A they become this successful and awesome team. #rigged

Well considering they had no one to pay before they probably had lots of cap space. They are probably trying to get a ring before they have to pay Gurly Goff and Donald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well considering they had no one to pay before they probably had lots of cap space. They are probably trying to get a ring before they have to pay Gurly Goff and Donald

I think they have to get a ring before they've got to pay those guys because otherwise they are going to be in a really bad cap situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

I could see the Cowboys making a play for him.  Would you take a trade of Dez & a 1st for Beckham?

I wouldn't see Giants trading him within division

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You give up too much for star players and it's a recipe for struggles. The better organisations are the ones with the best overall teams and not necessarily a few star players. You need everyone to contribute to a SB winning year not just a few. 

I don't disagree, but there's star players and then there are elite players. If you're team is already good, an elite player is a guy that puts you over the top. I believe Beckham to be in that discussion, he's the type of talent that when he's on the field the defense has to know where he is at all times and account for him.

When you use a 1st round draft pick on a WR, usually the hope is that you are drafting the next Beckham, Brown, Jones etc. So he's easily worth a 1st. Then how much you throw in to sweeten the pot to get a guaranteed star player as opposed to the draft lottery... and then factor in that he's young and has lots of his career left ahead for him and I can see him easily being worth 2 first rounders.

What doesn't help Beckham's cause is his insistence on the contract & his character concerns. He's so talented that you could easily look past one or the other, but with both the decision to trade for him isn't so slam dunk anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Northern Green Wings said:

When you use a 1st round draft pick on a WR, usually the hope is that you are drafting the next Beckham, Brown, Jones etc.

I'm with you there buddy! And that's why yes in terms of talent he's worth a first round pick. But I just don't like all the nonsense that comes with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this