nygfeagle

Isn't Brandin Cooks the dude..

Just now, skippyx said:

He is not a top 20 WR and Brown is #1, so if 65 yards per game and a TD almost every other week is somehow special then he gets a Cal Ripken Cookie for showing up.

Antonio Brown (4651 yards 31 TDs) makes Pittsburgh a special offense.

Special offenses in New Orleans and New England were glad to get rid of Cooks (3393 yards 24 TDs) for a 1st rounder.

Jordy Nelson has 4 less TDs (20) in that same span and he missed a full year and got Hundley'd this year.

They passed on him because they couldn’t afford him. And Cooks is still only 24, compared to Nelson that’s gold.

13 minutes ago, Havenless said:

They passed on him because they couldn’t afford him. And Cooks is still only 24, compared to Nelson that’s gold.

Yes, I would pick Cooks to be better over the next 2 years or any other period than Nelson. I am just saying that his numbers are consistent but now WOW.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:37 AM, birdman#12 said:

They have some serious talent needing contract after the 2018 season:

Cooks, Gurley, Joyner, Austin, Donald, Peters and Suh will all be free agents.  That's going to be an enormous amount of cap hit if they retain most of those guys.

After the 2019 season, Goff, Talib, Brockers, Zuerlein, and Sullivan are free agents.

If Goff continues to improve, his contract will be huge.....

The Rams are clearly trying to win it all now....because after the 2018 season, they go into cap hell or have to let a lot of talent go.

You know Cooks is going to want a bunch.....Donald will be the highest paid defensive lineman in football,  and Gurley will command $12-14 million. Suh won't resign a one year deal for $14 million if he has a good year.

They have one year before they have to start making huge compromises

I knew the Cooks trade was terrible, but I had no idea about the cap problem the Rams will be in next year. They could have really used this year's first round pick to offset a portion of the damage.

13 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I knew the Cooks trade was terrible, but I had no idea about the cap problem the Rams will be in next year. They could have really used this year's first round pick to offset a portion of the damage.

I really think that the owner and GM decided to go all in this year and maybe impress the fan base and more season ticket sales.....because they are going to have a hell of a time signing all that talent.....