nygfeagle

Isn't Brandin Cooks the dude..

Recommended Posts

At first I hate the trade and thought it was stupid. 1) Cooks isn't worth a 1st BUT 2) maybe Rams were looking to draft a WR in the 1st and liked Cooks better and 3) I guess they do need to take off the top of that defense to give Gurley even more room and keep the defense out of the box

 

Still not worth a first though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

How the hell did NE manage to get a 1st round pick from the Rams? WTF

Seriously. You drive a new car off the lot, and it decreases in value by like 35%.  NE uses Cooks for a year,  adds another year of wear-and-tear and concussions to his resume, plus now there's only 1 year left on his deal.   And they get close enough to equal value for what they gave up in 2017. 

Every season there's another team grabbing their ankles to help the Patriots. I don't know if they have voodoo dolls or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Cooks is absolutely worth a 1...

If you can resign him before he escalates his price in that offense.

They have a whole lot of people to sign before that team escalates now. It will be interesting to see how they figure this out in the next couple of years. I think this will lead to an epic dynasty or a monumental collapse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

How the hell did NE manage to get a 1st round pick from the Rams? WTF

They swapped later round picks.

4th to LA and 6th to NE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I go to sleep for a few hours and this is what happens. I'm really surprised by this move. 

Cooks is a really good WR and I think the Pats made a smart move moving for him last year. But he's another year older, he's got another year of wear and tear on the body and he didn't have a first round kind of impact in NE. He's a nice additional piece but he's not worth a first round pick at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

This is one of the worst trades I've ever seen. Cooks is on the last year of his rookie deal.

Quite how the Rams think this is all going to work is beyond me... You can't just build a dream team for one year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Quite how the Rams think this is all going to work is beyond me... You can't just build a dream team for one year. 

I was on board with what they were doing a few moves ago. Now that he is piecing together a "dream team" I feel more confident in the Eagles' chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I was on board with what they were doing a few moves ago. Now that he is piecing together a "dream team" I feel more confident in the Eagles' chances.

I kind of get what they are doing... But with a young HC and QB I think it's very short sighted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Wow I go to sleep for a few hours and this is what happens. I'm really surprised by this move. 

Cooks is a really good WR and I think the Pats made a smart move moving for him last year. But he's another year older, he's got another year of wear and tear on the body and he didn't have a first round kind of impact in NE. He's a nice additional piece but he's not worth a first round pick at this point. 

He is only 24 and had over 1,000 yards and 7 touchdowns. I think he has plenty yet to offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

He is only 24 and had over 1,000 yards and 7 touchdowns. I think he has plenty yet to offer. 

And going in to the final year of his rookie deal. Good luck LA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And going in to the final year of his rookie deal. Good luck LA. 

Well yes. That is what ive been saying as well. We kind of did the same thing but, not with all super stars. So it didn't hurt us if we lost some of our 1 year guys. The Rams are doing it all with up and coming super stars that are gonna need to be paid and paid a lot after 1 year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, debFromNJ said:

;) (!?...okay)

93U5AWg.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well yes. That is what ive been saying as well. We kind of did the same thing but, not with all super stars. So it didn't hurt us if we lost some of our 1 year guys. The Rams are doing it all with up and coming super stars that are gonna need to be paid and paid a lot after 1 year

Exactly and that's why they are going to be in trouble in my opinion. They are all in on the next year or two and aren't thinking ahead. I think we believe in Pederson and Wentz so we know as long as we have them we will be OK. Maybe the Rams should feel the same with McVay and Goff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all in this year or it all falls apart. No way they re-sign Suh, Cooks and Donald. Then they have to come up with money to pay Gurley, which is going to be big money. Then they have to figure out how to pay Goff when his deal is up.

If they don't win the Super Bowl this year, the experiment explodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rams are going all in this year but geez, they are going to have a salary cap nightmare after all these guys come out of their rookie contracts....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now