OzzyX

Jerry Jones: "No Big Gap Between Cowboys and Eagles"

1 hour ago, C Simmons 96 said:

Be honest his team is not on the same level week The Eagles have much better front office much better coaching staff lets break it down the Eagles 

1. QB Eagles Wentz is a much better QB than Prescott and I would also take Foles over Prescott everyone says Prescott had a historic 1st year well everyone forgot about Foles 1st year 27 TDs to 2 Ints 7 TDs thrown against the Raiders which was a record Pro Bowl MVP and now SB MVP 

2. RB Cowboys  The Cowboys have one of the best RB in the game 

3.OL Eagles The Eagles might have slight edge in the starting Dept RT Eagles RG Cowboys C Even LG Eagles LT Even Depth Eagles 

4. TE Eagles Eagles a top 3 TE in the game Gronk is the best and Kelce and Ertz are on the same level you can say 2 and 2a 

5. WR Eagles Jeffries Wallace and Agholor are head and shoulders better the Cowboys top 3 

6. DL Eagles The Eagles have much better DT and rotatiopn

7. LB Eagles The Eagles have 3 very good starters and not much behind them the Cowboys have a very good MLB and lost there best OLB to free agency

8.CB Eagles They have good starting rotation  with pretty good depth behind Them I would take Darby Jones Mills and Douglass over Dallas young corners in a heart beat

9. S Eagles Jenkins is the heart and soul of the defense Cowboys lost there best S to Washington

10. K Eagles 

11. P Cowboys Cowboys have proven starter Eagles punter retired

I dunno about kicker. Bailey had a rocky year last year but had been a stud for a long time. Not taking anything away from our guy I like him, but let's see how he  progresses. Kickers can be funny year to year.

JJ is 100% correct.  It's not just been the last 2 years.  We've been trying for decades to win the SB and his Cowboys have now been trying for 23 years and counting?  It's not easy to do.

Here we go again with this crap. People let me say this again... Dallas is not our rival and hasn't been for over 20. Only reason they stay somewhat relevant is because we keep them there with this sick obsession most eagles fans have with everything Dallas. Aside from maybe 3 seasons where the cowboys would pop up and win a few games, other than that they stink and im not gonna bring them up by continuously talking about them. 

Just now, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Every year since year one of Romo they have been the paper champions and then   do nothing 

Umm excuse me... 

You forget every year they win the draft! I mean remind us Dallas fans, how many first round pick players do you have? 

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

This is like saying there's no big gap between Strahan's teeth.

Or Russian and British politicians? In fact Russian and just about any other countries politicians. 

I LOVE knowing that JJ believes that.  Forget about roster breakdowns, the Eagles are head and shoulders better because the front office will beat Jerruh silly until he's dead.

On 4/4/2018 at 7:26 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Yup very true. The Giants have done fine in FA, but have drafted terribly for a decade. This is a very important draft for us. 

I believe so too.  Giants tend to be a well run organization but fans have plenty of reason to be nervous going into this draft.

22 hours ago, greenpassion said:

Here we go again with this crap. People let me say this again... Dallas is not our rival and hasn't been for over 20. Only reason they stay somewhat relevant is because we keep them there with this sick obsession most eagles fans have with everything Dallas. Aside from maybe 3 seasons where the cowboys would pop up and win a few games, other than that they stink and im not gonna bring them up by continuously talking about them. 

Yes a rival is someone that both teams go back and forth with wins and compete for divisions. I agree with you. 

On 4/4/2018 at 3:10 PM, gch said:

What do you expect an owner or coach to say when ask that question? Dallas was 13-3 year before last and Philly looked somewhat lost. Dallas lost the Greenbay game in the playoffs with a sub par defense. 

Philly’s D should get half the credit for their SB win. You guys had a great year all the way around and everything just clicked even with the big injuries. 

The think Dallas lost to much of their talent last year and thought they had enough depth but it wasn’t even close. I hope they learned a valuable lesson but time will tell. 

As for coaching I remember most fans were pretty upset with Doug was hired but turns out to be a really good coach and could be a great coach. Garrett just can’t seam to put together a season where he goes 12 or 13 wins but falls apart in the playoffs. I think he needs to go and this could be his last year unless he does something special.

There was a lot he could have said, but he was extremely upset that the Eagles won so he didn't.

On 4/8/2018 at 12:39 PM, greenpassion said:

This I don't get - in describing the Cowboys over the past 20 years you described the Eagles, with the exclusion of the 2004-06 run - Cowgirls/Gints/WA are all rivals - once the Eagles have their 6th SB in hand and each of our division rivals don't come close to winning the division for about 15 years or so, I'll say maybe there is no rivalry - 

As of right now, There obviously is a big gap...I mean one team won a ring, the other missed the playoffs...but he said what any gm would say....what do you exsoect him to say? "Omg, we are so far behind, we might as well give up”? 

Also, ish changes from year to year...Dallas was supposed to be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL going into 2014 amd 2016 and won 12 & 13 games...NY was the heavy favorite to win the division last year they finished last, Philly was supposed to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the division....and we know what happened. Right now, you have to say Philly is by far ahead and it’s not close.... but things change quick in the NFL. Maybe the eagles go on a run here and have a dynasty, or a mini dynasty....

i’m pissed at Dallas and no way I pick them to do anything, but if they get lucky in the draft, hit on a few players (they actually do draft decent) and get lucky with injuries, and maybe Philly falls back a little, Dallas could catch them....i’m Not betting on it, but it’s not nuts.

On 16/04/2018 at 1:57 AM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Dallas is targeting Ridley and if he goes before they go this makes the Dez thing an epic fail

I think it's an epic fail anyway... Not because of the fact they've let him go but the timing. I mean if any team before Dallas were umming and ahhing about a WR they now pretty much know Dallas is going to take one. This could force a team earlier to take Ridley. Plus why leave it this late? 

Jerry Jones has grounded the organization. He won Super Bowls because of the team Jimmy Johnson built. Then Jones ran him out of town because he wanted more control of player/personnel decisions... The Cowboys won another Super Bowl 2 years later with Switzer and the holdovers from Johnson's team, and hasn't even gotten to a NFCCG since. Nice work there, Jerry!

6 hours ago, toolg said:

Jerry Jones has grounded the organization. He won Super Bowls because of the team Jimmy Johnson built. Then Jones ran him out of town because he wanted more control of player/personnel decisions... The Cowboys won another Super Bowl 2 years later with Switzer and the holdovers from Johnson's team, and hasn't even gotten to a NFCCG since. Nice work there, Jerry!

Jerry said it himself, that he likes to run the Cowboys like a television show. He doesn't care about winning a championship so long as people are entertained and the money piles are high.

Darren Sproles (all-pro)

Jason Peters(all pro)

Carson Wentz(franchise qb)

Jordan Hicks(Defensive Leader)

All that talent lost, and honestly the eagles played their best games afterward

the GAP is LEADERSHIP!

BTW lets not forget the a** whoppin they go in dallas with their full team minus elliot

On 4/15/2018 at 8:10 PM, Stephen1 said:

As of right now, There obviously is a big gap...I mean one team won a ring, the other missed the playoffs...but he said what any gm would say....what do you exsoect him to say? "Omg, we are so far behind, we might as well give up”? 

Also, ish changes from year to year...Dallas was supposed to be one of the 3 worst teams in the NFL going into 2014 amd 2016 and won 12 & 13 games...NY was the heavy favorite to win the division last year they finished last, Philly was supposed to be the 3rd or 4th best team in the division....and we know what happened. Right now, you have to say Philly is by far ahead and it’s not close.... but things change quick in the NFL. Maybe the eagles go on a run here and have a dynasty, or a mini dynasty....

i’m pissed at Dallas and no way I pick them to do anything, but if they get lucky in the draft, hit on a few players (they actually do draft decent) and get lucky with injuries, and maybe Philly falls back a little, Dallas could catch them....i’m Not betting on it, but it’s not nuts.

This is such nonsense. There is a lot he could say.

'They are the Super Bowl Champs and we will be hunting them. I believe that we have the staff and coaches to do that.'

'You have to hand it to them, they had a great season. We will be putting in the time and energy in this offseason to build a team that can not only beat them, but also win the Super Bowl.'

'I believe that we have the coaching and players in place to make a serious run next year. The Eagles will be in the way and we can not discount them, but I feel that we will be able to compete with them.'

And so on.

You would never hear Belichick or Kraft talk like that, but it is OK for Jerruh to say it because you know what do we expect him to say?

It all comes down to one thing - it burns JJ up that 2017 was all Eagles.