Havenless

NFL Trivia Game!

18 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

This one is hard lol. 

If no one else guesses I’ll have to give clues so you guys can guess again

21 minutes ago, Havenless said:

If no one else guesses I’ll have to give clues so you guys can guess again

Damn, this is a good one.

ALright, there are actually two answers to this question. I originally said no superbowls, but if you can guess the guy who fits this question but does have a ring(s), you’ll get one point. But you have to guess him before the actual ringless answer is guessed, because original correct will end this question. That actual answer is also now only worth 1 point, because the clues have begun. (Clues are only for original correct answer, bonus Super Bowl winning answer is still open but is not connected to these clues). 

1. One of my original clues is intentionally misleading... but not incorrect.

2. He played his first season in the nfl after 1980, and he was a regular nfl starter in the 90s.

3. Despite not being asked to start until 28(!), he STILL MADE THE HALL OF FAME. What?!?!

Who is this guy?

Remember, because of new clues everyone is returned to 1 guess available. If you did not guess on the original question, you still only have one guess and missed your window for the second guess. Special exception: one guess for original answer, and one guess for bonus answer. Must both be in same post, if I only see one name then you’re guessing original answer and you’re forfeiting bonus answer.

Fryar and Brown both started early in their careers and I’m pretty sure neither are in the hall of fame.

Warner accrued no where near 17 seasons.

11 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Warren Moon

1 point. It was misleading because he wasn’t benched for his first few years, he just wasn’t accepted. So he started from day 1.... at 28. Played 17 seasons until 44.

alternate answer was actually brad Johnson. He was on nfl rosters for 17 seasons but was actually sent to nfl Europe his first few years so he didn’t start for the  Vikings until 28, then won in TB.

4 minutes ago, Havenless said:

2 Points. It was misleading because he wasn’t benched for his first few years, he wasn’t accepted. So he started from day 1.... at 28. Played 17 seasons until 44.

alternate answer was actually brad Johnson. He was on nfl rosters for 17 seasons but was actually sent to nfl Europe his first few years so he didn’t start for the  Vikings until 28, then won in TB.

I thought of Brad Johnson originally but, remembered he had the ring. I knew Warner wasn't around that long but, I didn't have the patience to go back and look through everything I just looked through lol. Great question though

12 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Fryar and Brown both started early in their careers and I’m pretty sure neither are in the hall of fame.

Warner accrued no where near 17 seasons.

I thought Fryar because you said your clues were misleading. I thought maybe his cleats were in the Hall of fame or because he primarily started out as a return man until he was 28 where he gained the role of starting receiver

10 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

I thought Fryar because you said your clues were misleading. I thought maybe his cleats were in the Hall of fame or abuse he primarily started out as a return man until he was 28 where he gained the role of starting receiver

‘Misleading... but not incorrect.’ Saying he was in the HOF when only his cleats were would have been pretty incorrect.

next question:

1. Two answers. Everyone gets two guesses on this one. Get 1 before anyone else, 1 point. Get both before anyone gets either, get a bonus point for 3 total points!

2. This play has only happened twice ever. It is a unique passing touchdown play in which the position passing the football and the position receiving the pass are the most unlikeliest of pairings. Two guesses, two answers.

3. Big reveal! One was regular season... one was postseason.

Name the receiving player on each of the two plays.

1 minute ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Dontari Poe to Demetrius Harris

Trey Burton to nick Foles

Those are all kinds of different positions. Two answers for the same position combination.

7 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Those are all kinds of different positions. Two answers for the same position combination.

Misunderstood the question thought you wanted two plays not a single player with two TDs. I think I know the answer, but because of my past post not sure I should post it?

Brad Johnson throwing a touchdown and receiving it himself regular season

Marcus Mariota throwing a touchdown pass and receiving it himself in the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Brad Johnson throwing a touchdown and receiving it himself regular season

Marcus Mariota throwing a touchdown pass and receiving it himself in the playoffs. 

3 points

New Question: 

1. This player has suited up for regular season games for multiple teams in the nfc east AND multiple teams in the AFC East.

2. I’m thinking of one guy, but I’ll give credit if you find others.

New Question:

1. Before the 2002 season, the NFL realigned to the divisions we know today.

2. This team has as many Super Bowl titles today as the rest of their division had at realignment.

3. Of the teams that fit the first two questions, this team is closest geographically to New York City.

Lets walk through the math here.

The Bucs and Saints both had an equal share 0 NFC South Super Bowls and now they each have 1.

Do they both qualify or would that be negative 1 because X was set in 2001?

Are you asking what team has as many Super Bowls since 2002 as their 3 division rivals combined had through 2001?

The Falcons have 0 which is what the NFC South had in 2001.

The Panthers have 0 which is what the NFC South had in 2001.

Carolina is closer to NYC.

39 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The Falcons have 0 which is what the NFC South had in 2001.

The Panthers have 0 which is what the NFC South had in 2001.

Carolina is closer to NYC.

Are you working it out or is that your guess? There are multiple other teams from different divisions that fit as well.