Sign in to follow this  
Havenless

NFL Trivia Game!

1 hour ago, Havenless said:

New Question:

1. Before the 2002 season, the NFL realigned to the divisions we know today.

2. This team has as many Super Bowl titles today as the rest of their division had at realignment.

3. Of the teams that fit the first two questions, this team is closest geographically to New York City.

NFC

East - Cowboys (5, 5), Redskins (3, 3), Giants (4, 2), Eagles (1, 0) - Dallas fits

North - Packers (4, 3), Bears (1, 1), Vikings (0, 0), Lions (0, 0) - Green Bay sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

South - Bucs (1, 0), Saints (1, 0), Falcons (0, 0), Panthers (0, 0) - both Tampa Bay and New Orleans sort of fit (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

West - 49ers (5, 5), Rams (1, 1), Seahawks (1, 0), Cardinals (0, 0) - San Francisco sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

AFC

East - Dolphins (2, 2), Patriots (5, 1), Jets (1, 1), Bills (0, 0) - Miami fits

North - Steelers (6, 4), Ravens (2, 1), Bengals (0, 0), Browns (0, 0) - Pittsburgh sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

South - Colts (2, 1), Oilers/Titans (0, 0), Jaguars (0, 0), Texans (0, N/A) - Indianapolis sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

West - Raiders (3, 3), Broncos (3, 2), Chiefs (1, 1), Chargers (0, 0) - Oakland fits

If Question #2 is interpreted to mean EXACTLY as many Super Bowl wins now as the rest of their division had after the 2001 season, then the answer is Miami, which is closer to New York than either Dallas or Oakland.  If by contrast Question #2 is interpreted to include all teams that as many or more Super Bowls through 2017 as the rest of their division won through 2001, then the answer is either Pittsburgh or the Colts (keeping in mind the pre-2002 Super Bowl the Colts won occurred when the team was based in Baltimore).

P.S. I did not look up any of the information above; it was all in the noggin.

2 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

NFC

East - Cowboys (5, 5), Redskins (3, 3), Giants (4, 2), Eagles (1, 0) - Dallas fits

North - Packers (4, 3), Bears (1, 1), Vikings (0, 0), Lions (0, 0) - Green Bay sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

South - Bucs (1, 0), Saints (1, 0), Falcons (0, 0), Panthers (0, 0) - both Tampa Bay and New Orleans sort of fit (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

West - 49ers (5, 5), Rams (1, 1), Seahawks (1, 0), Cardinals (0, 0) - San Francisco sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

AFC

East - Dolphins (2, 2), Patriots (5, 1), Jets (1, 1), Bills (0, 0) - Miami fits

North - Steelers (6, 4), Ravens (2, 1), Bengals (0, 0), Browns (0, 0) - Pittsburgh sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

South - Colts (2, 1), Oilers/Titans (0, 0), Jaguars (0, 0), Texans (0, N/A) - Indianapolis sort of fits (have more Super Bowl wins now than rest of division had in 2001)

West - Raiders (3, 3), Broncos (3, 2), Chiefs (1, 1), Chargers (0, 0) - Oakland fits

If Question #2 is interpreted to mean EXACTLY as many Super Bowl wins now as the rest of their division had after the 2001 season, then the answer is Miami, which is closer to New York than either Dallas or Oakland.  If by contrast Question #2 is interpreted to include all teams that as many or more Super Bowls through 2017 as the rest of their division won through 2001, then the answer is Pittsburgh.

Incorrect, Carolina has zero, which is the same as every nfc south team before 2002, which is closer to nyc than Miami. SKIPPYx 2 Points.

2 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Incorrect

Edit made to original post above.

The Cowboys also qualify (5 of 10 back in the day and holding at 5)

Charlotte is still closer to NYC.

The Packers only qualify if you count all 4 teams and then they replace the Bears Super Bowl with their 2010 Super Bowl.

3 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The Cowboys also qualify (5 of 10 back in the day and holding at 5)

Charlotte is still closer to NYC.

The Packers only qualify if you count all 4 teams and then they replace the Bears Super Bowl with their 2010 Super Bowl.

I gave you the points for getting CArolina. Packers don’t work because today they have 4, everyone else has 1. Even if you did whatever with the 2010 super bowl, they’re still too far ahead.

oakland was another eligible answer, as was Miami. Colts don’t work because they had 1 in 2002 and the rest had zero.

Hah, I completely forgot about the Jets Super Bowl because they are such a complete joke now. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Incorrect, Carolina has zero, which is the same as every nfc south team before 2002, which is closer to nyc than Miami. SKIPPYx 2 Points.

BS trivia question to be honest.

Its because no one thinks of Carolina and Super Bowls.

They think of steroids(2003) and infant QBs filling their diapers(2015), but not Super Bowls.

OK Havenless - trivia question for you, with 2 requirements:

1) You can't use the internet to find the answer.

2) You get two guesses.

In Super Bowl 52, the Eagles won the game despite being outgained yardage-wise by the Patriots.  Name the FIRST Super Bowl-winning team to be outgained yardage-wise during their Super Bowl win.

3 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Why? Only Carolina works. What part of it misled you?

Uh, because they've never won a Super Bowl?!?

You can now answer my Super Bowl trivia question.

4 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

OK Havenless - trivia question for you, with 2 requirements:

1) You can't use the internet to find the answer.

2) You get two guesses.

In Super Bowl 52, the Eagles won the game despite being outgained yardage-wise by the Patriots.  Name the FIRST Super Bowl-winning team to be outgained yardage-wise during their Super Bowl win.

Uh, because they've never won a Super Bowl?!?

You can now answer my Super Bowl trivia question.

My question was who has as many rings today as the rest of their division at the onset of 2002. Because the nfc south had zero, zero would be correct. Do you still not understand?

And you’re directly violating rule 5.

New Question!

1. These two players are brothers.

2. Both ran for over 4500 yards for their NFL careers.

3. Both Born before 1980. Who are they?

15 minutes ago, Havenless said:

My question was who has as many rings today as the rest of their division at the onset of 2002. Because the nfc south had zero, zero would be correct. Do you still not understand?

And you’re directly violating rule 5.

You haven't answered my trivia question.

7 minutes ago, Havenless said:

New Question!

1. These two players are brothers.

2. Both ran for over 4500 yards for their NFL careers.

3. Both Born before 1980. Who are they?

Julius and Thomas jones

2 minutes ago, CHIP72 said:

You haven't answered my trivia question.

You’re not following the rules, why would I?

and the joneses are not correct.

Just now, Havenless said:

and the joneses are again incorrect.

Yeah I jumped the gun on that one . After I thought about it I realized Julius was younger then me. 

Trivia question for everyone:

Who was the first NFL quarterback to average over 312.5 yards per game passing in an NFL season in which he played all of his team's games?  In which season did he accomplish the feat?

3 minutes ago, Havenless said:

and the joneses are not correct.

Who appointed you trivia czar?

1 minute ago, CHIP72 said:

Who appointed you trivia czar?

Dude, you're being annoying. Leave if you don't like it. You're really trying to pick a fight on a MB. 

2 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Sam and Randall Cunningham

Dude that one threw me off big time!! 

I found the answer then and I was surprised!

New Question!

1. Carson Wentz played at a division 1-AA (FCS) university.

2. There was another player from that football program who went on to be head coach of an NFL team at some point over the last 20 years.

Name him.

2 points

First, you are free to start your own trivia thread.

Second, Marino 84