Sign in to follow this  
Havenless

NFL Trivia Game!

CHIP, please play along with the expected rules. If you want to start a separate topic, feel free to do so. Thanks!

21 hours ago, skippyx said:

2 points

First, you are free to start your own trivia thread.

Second, Marino 84

I have no further comments in this thread, outside of responding to answers to the questions I posed.

The answer is not Dan Marino.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:15 PM, downundermike said:

Next ??

I'm thinking about it, I'm just taking a REALLY LONG TIME.

Most teams are looking for the prototypical defender. Someone who can really excel in those 3 big game changing plays: Interceptions, of course, change of possession. Sack, absolutely, kill a play/hurt the next attempt at a first down/ultimately take them out of field goal position.... points off the board. Fumble recoveries are nice, but somewhat random. It's the guy who keeps forcing the fumbles that really gets all the credit.

1. 1 clue this time. I'm going to spit out a career statline. Only one man ever has achieved this, the ultimate gamechanger.

35 INT / 25 Sack / 35 FF

Only 1 man ever. And possibly never again. And... go.

10 hours ago, downundermike said:

Weapon X

2 points.

Next question, slightly complicated to word:

1. If we go by the 35-25-35 statline as the base, what player comes closest? Example: 50 career ints, 10 career forced fumbles, 10 career sacks. He's 25 fumbles short and 15 sacks short, so he's 40 total off the mark in joining the 35-25-35 club.

2. I'm not going to give you how many the player in question is off by, that would make it simple once you've found him. So you're going to have to come up with a name and decide whether or not you want to burn your guess on him.

9 hours ago, Havenless said:

2 points.

1. If we go by the 35-25-35 statline as the basline, what player comes closest? Example: 50 career ints, 10 career forced fumbles, 10 career sacks. He's 25 fumbles short and 15 sacks short, so he's 40 total off the mark.

2. I'm not going to give you how many the player in question is off by, that would make it simple once you've found him. So you're going to have to come up with a name and decide whether or not you want to burn your guess on him.

So is the player in question off by about 40? Or is it a player that comes as close as Dawkins? In total numbers?

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

So is the player in question off by about 40? Or is it a player that comes as close as Dawkins? In total numbers?

It’s a player that comes as close to Dawkins as far as his deficient stats. The ones that don’t hit 35-25-35. So an example, 85-38-29 is 6 off, because he’s only 6 away in his deficient stat in joining the 35-25-35 club.

Polamalu, for instance, is 37 off, 32-12-14. Someone is closer.

10 hours ago, Havenless said:

2 points.

1. If we go by the 35-25-35 statline as the base, what player comes closest? Example: 50 career ints, 10 career forced fumbles, 10 career sacks. He's 25 fumbles short and 15 sacks short, so he's 40 total off the mark in joining the 35-25-35 club.

Rod Woodson

4 minutes ago, Havenless said:

71-13.5-20! Nice one! 16.5 off?

Wait... someone is closer....

50-50 shot and I picked the wrong one, dang it

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Any clues coming, I got the right answer ready

I didn't understand the question, well I do now lol. Damn

New Set of Clues! Question now worth 1 point.

1. Sacks were documented as an official stat in 1982.

2. This player played on more than one team.

3. This player played more than one position.

7 minutes ago, Havenless said:

New Set of Clues! Question now worth 1 point.

1. Sacks were documented as an official stat in 1982.

2. This player played on more than one team.

3. This player played more than one position.

Charles Woodson

New Question! 

1. This player has made it into the top 25 of NFL.com's top 100 players list at some point since its inception in 2011.

2. Despite this impressive feat, he has never made a single pro bowl his entire career.

3. I know what you're thinking, "1 year wonder, it happens." Au Contraire, Mon Frere! It was not his only career inclusion in the annual top 100 list. Still, no pro bowls to show for it.

Sounds pretty much impossible, as there are a good 100ish players in the pro bowl. But it happened.

Who would do such a thing?

6 minutes ago, Havenless said:

New Question! 

1. This player has made it into the top 25 of NFL.com's top 100 players list at some point since its inception in 2011.

2. Despite this impressive feat, he has never made a single pro bowl his entire career.

3. I know what you're thinking, "1 year wonder, it happens." Au Contraire, Mon Frere! It was not his only career inclusion in that top 100 list. Still, no pro bowls to show for it.

Sounds pretty much impossible, as there are a good 100ish players in the pro bowl. But it happened.

Who would do such a thing?

Joe Flacco

Just now, downundermike said:

Joe Flacco

Holy smokes, I thought that was gonna be a slow burner.

Guess I'll have to take it up a notch.

2 points.