Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Fan Mock Draft 2.0: Who Should The Eagles Choose At No. 32?

Here's Scantling.Seems he can catch in traffic and especially liked that he was practicing the 2 toe touch for the NFL scouts.he could have been in with one,but you see the effort to get that second foot down,shows me he is willing to put the time in and for a 7th pick I would take a shot on him

For those of you that live in eastern PA, I just went to a Hibachi Restaurant last night in Doylestown. Ooka was the name and the food was awesome. We have been there about 10 times to date and it never gets old. Price is on the high end but it is well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

At Pick 32, Joe may be right. Thinking here is the Eagles normally go Line either D or O. I could see them going for Price or another O-Lineman. We do have a need there especially interior as we have no real depth as we witnessed last year.

Eagles will grab the best player on the board at 32....Honestly though I would love to see us trade out of the 32nd pick.....Browns could realistically look to move back into the 1st round and they have the picks to do so......Browns have 33rd pick and the 35th  get one of those plus a possibly a 3rd or a early 4th 

Howie has recreated what seems to be a trend with all the teams aggressively moving up and down before Draft day. This Howie aggression has caught fire in the league.  I get we only have six picks, but this is the Defending Super bowl Champions. An unusual Champion. the fact that most of their Core is returning, still have great depth, and a good mix of veteran players. A team that on paper got stronger in Free Agency

I say we stay aggressive, trade up if that player is there. We have assets that could get us there. Kendricks, Graham, Darby to name a few. Aside from Wentz, Cox, Ertz, L.J, who is untouchable, Jenkins is getting older. This Eagle team is the Defending Champs, stay aggressive, bring in young Quality players. Hell, if I could package the lower half of this draft to pick up some top tier talent walk away with three solid picks, I'm in. This  team is built right now, add quality. We are not in a rebuilding mode. Don't need ten picks, just Quality players to add to this Champion.

I like all the theories ... one thing that needs to be taken into consideration is where they are at with their cap and their QB due a big salary soon.   Trading up a few times here means they would have to spend more for those players and take bigger cap hits.  These hits go on each of the next 4 years (could be 5 on a 1st round pick)   I'm not sure they want to go that route, especially taking into condideration the roster is pretty solid and really no room for a starter via the draft.   Could a starter be drafted?   Not sure who would lose their job  (punter aside) ????

Anyhow, the other thing I see is that the positions they are probably looking to fill, are usually the ones thy don't like to take in the first round.   RB, TE, S ... or as a lot have said LB too.   I could see trading down and then taking one of those positions in early round 2 and going from there.   My gut tells me if they stay at 32 they take OL.  

Every year we have all these theories ...and like clock work since ... Jerry Robinson, Michael Haddix and Keith Jackson .... they haven't taken those positions (thats 30 years) ... its been QB, OL, DL, CB or WR.    I don't see QB, CB or WR at 32.  Seems like the DL prospects aren't that great around 32 and or DL is currently stacked!   OL seems to be the logical choice.    Until 30 years of drafting changes, I have to lean that way

Thirty years of drafting has changed with Howie andJoe at the helm. I am not opposed to trading back if the value is there. I just think staying aggressive, FO, Coaching is what got us here. RB, S, TE, LB.OL, DT.

6 hours ago, trini said:

Thirty years of drafting has changed with Howie andJoe at the helm. I am not opposed to trading back if the value is there. I just think staying aggressive, FO, Coaching is what got us here. RB, S, TE, LB.OL, DT.

Barnett plays DL ... so first pick remains with the trend until we actually draft LB, RB, S, TE... the money remains on QB, DL, OL, CB or WR.  It's always "this year will be different"  LOL  .. Reagan was still president was it was "different"    Wow...30 years!!!  will it be 31?  

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Barnett plays DL ... so first pick remains with the trend until we actually draft LB, RB, S, TE... the money remains on QB, DL, OL, CB or WR.  It's always "this year will be different"  LOL  .. Reagan was still president was it was "different"    Wow...30 years!!!  will it be 31?  

Joe, although I agree in the theory "Draft DL, OL TE, CB or WR", this team is different. We really have what most coaches would consider a complete team. At least it is good enough to go into the season and compete for another title. With that in mind, I could see the Eagles just grabbing the best player available at 32, at any position that is not a QB. Even if it happens to be a RB I could see that happening. Do I think so? Probably not, but they do have that luxury which other teams don't. That is why most people think we will trade back. We could draft for depth at multiple positions with 2-3 picks in rounds Two or Three. Let's face it. Round 4 and above is normally a crap shoot no matter how well you evaluate. I would love to see them get a middle round pick in both second and third to grab a RB and a TE (or Lineman) for depth. Grab special team players in rounds 4-6.

On another note, my youngest daughter is getting married on Sunday in Newport RI. Cliffside resort supposedly is the home for the Tennis Hall of Fame. My wife's ex-boss is the president so he goes there often. I heard it is a very nice place and am looking forward to seeing how my money is being spent for relatives I rarely want to see... lol. But she is marrying a great guy whom I approve of, so all is good. Best is that all of our girls are now married so just have the two boys to deal with which will be much cheaper!! 

Also, did anyone else watch the 76ers last night? My God they look impressive! Even without Embiid they manhandled Milwaukee 130-95.... They may get us another championship this year!!

At this point in time I have no idea who they should draft, who they may draft or if they should trade back. They quite literally could do anything and pretty much every option is on the table. 

Howie could trade back any day now or he could see what falls our way on the night. 

We could draft any position other than QB and it'll depend who's there for us. 

Basically I have no idea and so as a result I really haven't honed in on a select few players to really watch and study. 

LOL UK, that makes 2 of us. I also do not have any idea. That RB Guice (spelling?) may be an option at 32. If he is as good as all are saying, we would have him for the extra year on the Rookie contract. Since RB's rarely make it past 30, the cost would be cheap for someone to help out Wentz for the next 4-5 years...

2 hours ago, stine said:

LOL UK, that makes 2 of us. I also do not have any idea. That RB Guice (spelling?) may be an option at 32. If he is as good as all are saying, we would have him for the extra year on the Rookie contract. Since RB's rarely make it past 30, the cost would be cheap for someone to help out Wentz for the next 4-5 years...

Stine,  agreed about "they are different, deep and could go in any position"    UNTIL they actually do that, I would just bet against it.    My perspective.   I'm 45 ... I was 6 when they drafted LB Robinson ... 10 when they drafted RB Haddix ... 15 when the drafted TE Jackson.     30, 35 and 39 years respectively for them to draft those spots.   And 2010 was primed for them to draft S first ... Earl Thomas .. BPA and need, you could argue he was the top guy for both reasons.  Yet they went Graham, to come in and be a 3rd DE.  "Another fastball"  I would absolutely LOVE to see them break this trend, because I have made a point for years that while prioritizing positions is smart, you can't go overboard with that like they have been.  You can't pass up a Gronk, Dawkins, Bell, Ray Lewis .. for a Mike Patterson.   I am hoping Douglas can be a reason for that change.  But for me, it needs to happen first... otherwise ... QB, DL, OL, CB, WR  is what I expect.  

Speaking of trading down in the draft.   I'm in for that because my guess is they can get players at positions that I want ... (TE, RB, S ...and to an extent, OL, WR & LB) in the early 2nd round.   I also think they have an opportunity to take advantage of having the last pick day 1, where teams can lok at their boards and see if they want a guy they can lock in for a 5th year.   My idea scenario ... trade down with Cleveland to 33.   Hopefully they overvalue that 5th year option.   Then a 2nd trade down to the mid to late 30s with a team that has regrouped and really wants a specific player that has dropped, and obsessed about this guy while waiting 20 hours to make the pick.  I would guess you could get an early 4th from Cleveland and a early/mid 3rd from the other team.   

Make a selection in the late 30s, then package something to move up from either that 3rd round pick or early 4th.    Come away with two 2nd rounders or  three day 2 picks.   If you can get good solid prospects at TE and RB to play for the cheap the next 4 years and grow with #11.   Or a potential starting OL or S... that would be great.  I'd rather trade down for salary cap purposes and get more opportunities at getting those players.  

I have to agree with Joe unlikely the Eagles spend a first rounder on a position like RB or TE history just seems to be against it.....Most likely Eagles go line at 32 either O or D......I like TE at 32 if we stay there but seems unlikely 

24 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

I have to agree with Joe unlikely the Eagles spend a first rounder on a position like RB or TE history just seems to be against it.....Most likely Eagles go line at 32 either O or D......I like TE at 32 if we stay there but seems unlikely 

BG... I just  realized...  you haven't seen them draft those RB, TE, S and LB spots in the first round for your entire life...LOL 

I never really realized this trend prior to Lurie, but it went on for a few years prior.    Ben Smith played both CB and S... but I count him as a CB.  I forgot Keith Byers as a RB... but that was what 1986??  1988 remains the last year... scary.  By accident you would figure  a guy could get drafted first from those positions???  LOL  

@joemas6Your trade down scenario works for me picking up  2nd's and 3rd, there will be some good talent at those positions like RB, TE, LB.   I have been stuck on Guice as the RB I would choose especially as a player reportedly Asst HC  Duce Staley was high on. It wouldn't surprise me if Duce gets the call. I just don't think Guice will be there at 32. Though QB is unlikely, if Foles gets traded on Draft Day, that could come into play.  Other than Keith Byers we haven't picked a RB in the first round? wow... Maybe that finally changes this year. Lol.

23 minutes ago, trini said:

Maybe that finally changes this year. Lol.

Yeah... 2/3 of my life has passed waiting ...LOL    To be honest, to me its no big deal this year.  This is the least I have been focused on the draft in years.   But, any Eagles news to me is just a reminder of .... SUPERBOWL CHAMPS BABY!!!!    HOLLA! 

Well the two teams rumored to be wanting pick 32 thus far are the Chiefs and the Packers. That 32nd pick is valued at 590 points. The Chiefs have 8 picks this year but no first rounder. The Chiefs have the 54 pick 2nd rounder valued at (360) points and two 3rd round picks 78 (200points)and 86(160 points), 2 4th round picks 122 (50 points) 124 (48 points) 1 6th and 2 7th rounders. Should be able to make a deal here.

The Packers have 11 picks this year with pick 14 in round one.  They have pick 45 in the second round valued at (450 points). pick 76 in the 3rd round (210 points) pick 100 in the 4th 100 points, three 5th round picks, 2 6th round picks  and two 7th rounders. Ought to be able to get a deal done here as well.  

I personally believe that both of these teams could use Mychal Kendricks or Ronald Darby or both on their defenses. Maybe the Eagles trade pick 32 and one of these two players to either one of these teams during the draft for more picks or to move up in the draft with another team altogether.

Another rumor that Jon Gruden and the Raiders want to move back in the draft. Anyone want pick number 10? LOL

1 hour ago, Swoopin' said:

Wonder if the 49'ers will draft a LB on Day 1?

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/04/49ers-reuben-foster-prison-jail

I hate to see this. Foster was one of my top 5 players in the draft last year.  I don't think his issues are going to be resolved before the draft Swoop so it is hard to say whether the 49er's will now be interested in taking a linebacker early. I will say one thing though. They were interested in Mychal Kendricks last year but a deal couldn't get done. How about Kendricks to the 49er's for a 4th round draft pick?

2 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I hate to see this. Foster was one of my top 5 players in the draft last year.  I don't think his issues are going to be resolved before the draft Swoop so it is hard to say whether the 49er's will now be interested in taking a linebacker early. I will say one thing though. They were interested in Mychal Kendricks last year but a deal couldn't get done. How about Kendricks to the 49er's for a 4th round draft pick?

Only if we plan on drafting a LB at 32!  I think I'm one of the few that wants to keep Kendricks. Dude stepped up when we really needed him to. I won't say all my eggs are in one basket with him though. I think he's more valuable to us at present time than a 4th rounder. Before the SB I would have said yes, pretty fast. I almost instinctually did when I read your proposed offer.  Now, though, i'm living in 'the now'. Like what we have but want to build on it.

I'm sticking with my original point in my draft conversations though, either trade up big and get a day 1 starter or drop back and gain more. (my mind is entitled to change on a whim! :D )

38 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

I'm sticking with my original point in my draft conversations though, either trade up big and get a day 1 starter or drop back and gain more. (my mind is entitled to change on a whim! :D )

Which position do you think we can actually get a day 1 starter?   I don't really see one.   And to be honest, normally I'm looking for those type of guys ... but to me, if I van get some good solid role players in bulk, thatwould be a great draft for me this year.   2nd TE, RB in the committee... quality 3rd safety, a solid #4 or #3 WR type... even some solid back up OL, DL or LBs.  Guys that can also contribue on special teams.   Having those type of guys in volume is a key part to winning.  At least it was for this team last year.  That is why I think they trade down.