Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Fan Mock Draft 2.0: Who Should The Eagles Choose At No. 32?

BAL's a good fit. I think he'd do well in SF too. But somewhere I saw he told DAL "see you twice this year".  maybe emotions? But if he stays NFCE it'd almost have to be the skins.

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

however later in the year I would rest him when I could and let Big-V get some reps. Big-V is the future whether it be a starter or first guy off the bench. If he is good enough to start in a Super Bowl, he is good enough to relieve Peters to keep him healthy. I am also one of those fans that believes Lane Johnson should stay on the right side no matter what. I am not in favor of moving him to the left side when Peters goes.

Wrang,

Good stuff.  I am with you on keeping Lane on the right side, especially not breaking up the pairing with Brooks.    As for reps ... again, taking 5 to 10 snaps off durign a game when you are already warmed up, doesn't do much.   Taking a whole practice off to recover does much more.  Its not a cardio thing at LT to where a few plays makes a difference.  A whole day off though ... does a body good.   

Also... again, you seem to think Peters is overpaid or something.  For a stud LT he is a great bargain.  His play will determine if the Eagles want him, nothing to do with being a fan favorite.    when  strictly looking at "ON THE FIELD"  Celek was way overpaid ... but Peters is fair to even a bargain. The "cooperation" from him, would be by still being able to dominate on the field... that's pretty much it.    

Look at the link below comparing LTs.   in 2018 Peters has the 12th highest cap hit ...and 18th in actual cash.    In 2019 cap hit stays at 12th with the cash being in a 3 way tie at 14th.     I mean, if you pay a stud, middle of the league $$$, that's a huge win.  You keep that guy on your team, strictly for "on the field" stuff.    Celek at $5 mil cap hit was going to be the 18th biggest cap hit for TEs... didn't make sense.  Strictly from a business standpoint.  Neither did Curry, and neither will MCloud unless he steps up.   Look at the LB #s .. .you can see why Kendricks won't be here in 2019, and most likely not here for 2018 either (although I am not ruling it out totally)  Peters has earned his $$, that's why he is here.

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/2018/

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

TE worthy of a first round pick this year. Assuming he will not be around at pick 32, IMO it would be a stretch taking any of the others at 32. For some reason I keep coming back to LB,RB or S at that pick. I believe the best value will be at those three positions.

Right ... and you have seen the trend where last LB drafted round 1 was 1979, the RB was Byers in 86 ...and S was even before that.   Throw in the current cap situation and currently no picks in rounds 2 and 3 .... too much adds up to trading down.  If we actually stay at pick 32 adn take one of those 4 positons you mentioned... Joe Douglas completely would change a 30 plus year culture.   Can it happen?  Sure?   If you bet on it the last 30 plus years... you would be down a bunch of $$ though.   

This to me is the biggest intrigue of the draft for us.  1. Stay the course and take OL, DL, CB or WR  ... 2.  Trade down  ... 3.   Take me back to the Reagan era and draft a RB, TE, LB or S.       If # 3 happens.... I have no problem doing the running man dance to a Rob Base or Salt N Pepa song while rolling my sleeves up like Don Johnson!  

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Wrang,

Good stuff.  I am with you on keeping Lane on the right side, especially not breaking up the pairing with Brooks.    As for reps ... again, taking 5 to 10 snaps off durign a game when you are already warmed up, doesn't do much.   Taking a whole practice off to recover does much more.  Its not a cardio thing at LT to where a few plays makes a difference.  A whole day off though ... does a body good.   

Also... again, you seem to think Peters is overpaid or something.  For a stud LT he is a great bargain.  His play will determine if the Eagles want him, nothing to do with being a fan favorite.    when  strictly looking at "ON THE FIELD"  Celek was way overpaid ... but Peters is fair to even a bargain. The "cooperation" from him, would be by still being able to dominate on the field... that's pretty much it.    

Look at the link below comparing LTs.   in 2018 Peters has the 12th highest cap hit ...and 18th in actual cash.    In 2019 cap hit stays at 12th with the cash being in a 3 way tie at 14th.     I mean, if you pay a stud, middle of the league $$$, that's a huge win.  You keep that guy on your team, strictly for "on the field" stuff.    Celek at $5 mil cap hit was going to be the 18th biggest cap hit for TEs... didn't make sense.  Strictly from a business standpoint.  Neither did Curry, and neither will MCloud unless he steps up.   Look at the LB #s .. .you can see why Kendricks won't be here in 2019, and most likely not here for 2018 either (although I am not ruling it out totally)  Peters has earned his $$, that's why he is here.

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/2018/

Understood Joe, however did Peters ( 10,666,666) play 12 times better than Big-V (686,281) last year? Obviously he is a better player than Big-V at the moment but Big-V was improving greatly as the season went on. He needed less blocking help the longer he was in there and I would expect that he hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I guess I am saying that we could use the money saved on Peters to get better in other positions.

Although, if we draft LB at #32 ... then I need to go back to the 1979 sounds of disco.    I can do a little Travolta with some Donna Summer or Bee Gees playing!  

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Understood Joe, however did Peters ( 10,666,666) play 12 times better than Big-V (686,281) last year? Obviously he is a better player than Big-V at the moment but Big-V was improving greatly as the season went on. He needed less blocking help the longer he was in there and I would expect that he hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I guess I am saying that we could use the money saved on Peters to get better in other positions.

Well ... if you look at the stats for pressures ... you would want to keep Peters as the starter if he dominates at the LT spot compared to Big V just holding his own.  I'm loving Big V's performance.  But, there is a reason Peters is still here ... if they loved Big V that much ... Peters wouldn't be here.  But again though ... dead money comes into play.  So $10.66 mil isn't really the # you want to compare.   It's $4.33 mil of cap savings if he were cut.   So its a no brainer for this year.  If he dominates again.  Then the $8 mil cap savings will be a big decision for 2019

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right ... and you have seen the trend where last LB drafted round 1 was 1979, the RB was Byers in 86 ...and S was even before that.   Throw in the current cap situation and currently no picks in rounds 2 and 3 .... too much adds up to trading down.  If we actually stay at pick 32 adn take one of those 4 positons you mentioned... Joe Douglas completely would change a 30 plus year culture.   Can it happen?  Sure?   If you bet on it the last 30 plus years... you would be down a bunch of $$ though.   

This to me is the biggest intrigue of the draft for us.  1. Stay the course and take OL, DL, CB or WR  ... 2.  Trade down  ... 3.   Take me back to the Reagan era and draft a RB, TE, LB or S.       If # 3 happens.... I have no problem doing the running man dance to a Rob Base or Salt N Pepa song while rolling my sleeves up like Don Johnson!  

Joe, It is possible that TE Hurst could be on board yet at 32 although the Ravens seem interested in him. Teams are fickle and Hurst will be 25 soon. He played minor league baseball with the Steelers prior to going to college. Some teams may feel like they will be getting cheated taking him. It wouldn't bother me at all because I only look at 5 years out anyway. It could cause him to fall though in the first round.

Just now, joemas6 said:

Although, if we draft LB at #32 ... then I need to go back to the 1979 sounds of disco.    I can do a little Travolta with some Donna Summer or Bee Gees playing!  

Maybe we should take a peek at the Ravens previous drafts while Douglas was there to get an idea how they drafted positionally. LOL

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I only see two 1st round worthy linebackers in this years draft. The kid that has been rumored to us is a reach at pick 32 IMO That would be LVE! Roquan Smith and to a little lesser degree Rashaan Evans are true number 1's .

The more I get into this unless the Eagles are extremely lucky I am leaning toward Safety or Running back at 32. 

4 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Maybe we should take a peek at the Ravens previous drafts while Douglas was there to get an idea how they drafted positionally. LOL

Ozzie is in charge in Baltimore.   I believe the Eagles liked Douglas so that he could bring some of that culture here.   On top of just his ability to scout the players.    That's why I keep bringing up the 30 plus years of trend.   I would love to see them broken, not so much because I don't believe in prioritizing positions or that I want any specific player ... just to see a change means they have an open mind to doing thngs differently if it is how they see it in a particular moment.   

RB at 32 would be a great play on #s ... since it has been 32 years that we have drafted a 1st round RB.     

Ben Smith is listed as a safety .. but we all know he was a CB.   .... WOW... I just checked... other than Ben Smith... the Eagles have NEVER drafted a S in round 1.  Dating back to 1936.    

Talking about Douglas having to change a culture if they draft safety at 32...LOL

Well there are 4 safeties that could go in the first round so the likely hood that one of them falls to the Eagles is pretty good. Looking for Fitzpatrick and James to both be gone and the decision could be between Harrison or Reid. Since I don't like Alabama safties or CB's, I would go with Reid. He has been compared to HA HA. That is if the Eagles want a safety first.

Last 5 draft picks with the 32 pick.

OT Ryan Ramczyk

DE Emmanuel Ogbah

DT Malcolm Brown

QB Teddy Bridgewater

Matt Elam S 

On 4/13/2018 at 12:25 AM, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not that I disagree but we have been saying JP is going to hang it up know for awhile......This man wants to play and win a SB....The win last year was no doubt bitter sweet for him.....I would not be shocked to see him play out this final contract so after the 2019 season especially if we fall short of a repeat 

Despite that we still need to get a solid replacement no matter WHEN he hangs it up

17 hours ago, Swoopin' said:

BAL's a good fit. I think he'd do well in SF too. But somewhere I saw he told DAL "see you twice this year".  maybe emotions? But if he stays NFCE it'd almost have to be the skins.

Dez paired with Beckham would be a good thing for the Gnats lol

15 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Joe, It is possible that TE Hurst could be on board yet at 32 although the Ravens seem interested in him. Teams are fickle and Hurst will be 25 soon. He played minor league baseball with the Steelers prior to going to college. Some teams may feel like they will be getting cheated taking him. It wouldn't bother me at all because I only look at 5 years out anyway. It could cause him to fall though in the first round.

Browns would be good to take him before the 32 pick.I forget how many picks they have in 1,but they will nail some top talent this time,what they do with them is another story lol

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Browns would be good to take him before the 32 pick.I forget how many picks they have in 1,but they will nail some top talent this time,what they do with them is another story lol

Hurst I was talking about

OK Browns have the 1,4 picks then 3 in round 2.Would not shock me if they traded up for Hurst.They still have a boatload of picks(12). Future QB,Barkley,Hurst,now you have some building blocks and still have oodles of picks left

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Just make it flag football and be done with it.The wimping down of American sports

On 15/04/2018 at 2:27 AM, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just make it flag football and be done with it.The wimping down of American sports

To be fair you're just a few years behind the soccer trend. And to be honest I'm so fearful that football is going to go that way. When diving became a thing in soccer and tough but fair tackles became red cards that's when I stopped watching soccer. Now I don't watch, I barely keep up with news about my own team so I hope things don't go that way. 

9 DAYS we will find out! I predict we trade back with KC. We trade out #32 pick and 2019 Round 5 pick. KC trades picks #54 and 78 plus 2019 Round 4 pick.

What say you??

On 4/13/2018 at 12:36 PM, 1wrangler said:

Has Ertz played an entire 16 game season yet without getting hurt?

Yes he has first two years in the league he played entire 16 game seasons.....Last 3 years though he has missed a total of 5 games....

2 hours ago, stine said:

9 DAYS we will find out! I predict we trade back with KC. We trade out #32 pick and 2019 Round 5 pick. KC trades picks #54 and 78 plus 2019 Round 4 pick.

What say you??

I would love to see us trade down best case scenario in my book though is landing a trade with the Browns get either pick 33 or 35 and little something extra....Might not seem like a huge deal moving up 1 spot if your the Browns but if a guy falls they really like having that 5th year option could be HUGE only get that with 1st round picks though.....

BG, How about we trade our 32nd and 130th for Indiana's 49th and 67th?