No1BirdsFan

Dez to be released

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pleased by this... 

Then again he'll end up in LA and then we all will be concerned so maybe it's not such a great thing. 

Dez used to be really good. He's not anymore... I can really see Snyder going after him. :lol:

Just now, toolg said:

Dez used to be really good. He's not anymore... I can really see Snyder going after him. :lol:

I dunno bud in the right system with the right players around him I think he can still be a real threat! 

Maybe in the right system... But Dez lost his speed. And he can't get away with the physical stuff anymore... He never ran good routes. His game is limited.  I'd love to see the Redskins put their eggs in his basket. Capt. Checkdown won't throw to him.

2 minutes ago, toolg said:

Maybe in the right system... But Dez lost his speed. And he can't get away with the physical stuff anymore... He never ran good routes. His game is limited.  I'd love to see the Redskins put their eggs in his basket. Capt. Checkdown won't throw to him.

nah I'd rather see Dez ball out somewhere so cowboys fans lose their minds.  If it comes down to dez being happy and the cowboy nation being happy, I'd prefer a happy dez and miserable cowboy fans.  I hope he has a probowl season somewhere and dallas misses the playoffs again or they make the playoffs, Jerry gives jason garrett an extension, cowboys get eliminated in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

I’m not sure if he was still being doubled. I think you guys used him as a decoy in your hot streak in 16. Didn’t he complain about not getting the ball from Dak and then he was finally thrown to and missed a few catches during your playoff game?

Think they were down 21-0 and Dez was huge in that playoff game against Green Bay. And then everything fell apart last year. Typical Dallas. Just checked the stats and he had 9 receptions 132 yards and 2TD's in that playoff game. Then again Green Bay's defense was pretty garbage that year.

Very surprised by this move. Glad we don't have to face him twice a year.

Dez seems like he wants revenge. Wouldn't surprise me if he wants to stay in the NFC East to play the Cowgirls twice a year.

The NFL Network has interrupted regular programing for a couple of hours now with the Tragic story.

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

Can Dak carry the team, when teams stop Zeke?

The Broncos answered this question in week 2 :lol:

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

Bunch of different rumors.

Some say Dak had a hand in Dez getting cut.

Others say Garret was the driving force..

Jerry is the one who runs that show. If Jerry wanted Dez there, he would be there.

1 minute ago, brdawk20 said:

Vet minimum, get it done Howie, lol.

Hey, don't laugh . . . according to this article the Eags are the best landing place for him. 

And he wants to play in the NFC East so as to stick it to the Cowpies as much as possible.

He says, "It's personal." 

I wonder . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dez-bryant-wants-to-play-in-nfc-east-its-personal/ar-AAvRvOC?ocid=spartandhp

15 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Hey, don't laugh . . . according to this article the Eags are the best landing place for him. 

And he wants to play in the NFC East so as to stick it to the Cowpies as much as possible.

He says, "It's personal." 

I wonder . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/dez-bryant-wants-to-play-in-nfc-east-its-personal/ar-AAvRvOC?ocid=spartandhp

And remember he tweeted this

The Process eh?

17 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

And now Dez says that he wants to sign with an NFC East team

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770344-dez-bryant-unbothered-after-cowboys-release-lets-start-the-process?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

In order of my personal opinion of which team is the best option:

1. Redskins - Lackluster WRs, plenty of cap space.  Also a natural rival of the Cowboys.  Snider also loves "big" signings, and this would be big.

2. Giants - Not a lot of cap space, but they could use someone opposite of OBJ and Dez would be an upgrade over Brandon Marshall.  

3. Eagles - No cap room, pretty deep at WR, I don't think this will happen.

Giants have plenty of pass catching options. Best WR in the division (OBJ), best slot WR in the division (Sterling Shepard...maybe Beasley is better but it’s close) a solid #2 in Marshall and Engram who is a pretty dynamic pass catching TE. This stupid team should score points if they can build up that OL. 

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Giants have plenty of pass catching options. Best WR in the division (OBJ), best slot WR in the division (Sterling Shepard...maybe Beasley is better but it’s close) a solid #2 in Marshall and Engram who is a pretty dynamic pass catching TE. This stupid team should score points if they can build up that OL. 

Lmao, this stupid team. 

16 hours ago, pencil face said:

Can Dak carry the team, when teams stop Zeke?

no, Dak can't carry them, but they can still win.....if Dallas can protect him...look at 2016 when Dez missed a couple games, teams went balls to the wall to stop Zeke, Baltimore did a good job, and Dak had one of his best games.....

that said, this move pisses me off. If Dez goes to a team that (unlike Dallas) that looks at what a player does well (physical, run after the catch) and asks him to do those things, and looks at what a player doesn't do well (not great deep speed, not quick) and rarely asks him to do those things, he will put up 1000 and 8+ td's. In Dallas, they asked him to run deep routes, that had a lot of double moves....they basically him play the role of Desean Jackson....

If Dallas were actually smart they'd have gotten him to take a paycut, tweeked their passing offense, use him like Larry Fitzgerald... put him in motion a ton, use him out of the slot so he can't be jammed or doubled, have him run a ton of short crossing routes etc, get him matched up on safeties and LB's....have Hurns on the outside.....just having him and Hurns on the outside with teams having to load the box to stop Zeke would have been pretty potent....now? not so much.

I will cheer for Dez no matter where he goes because he is being used a scapegoat. The coaches ished the bed last year by not adjusting anything when Zeke was out and the OL got banged up. He called them on it at the end of the year and people in Dallas started  questioning the coaching staff...so JG and Linehan  started acting like the reason the offense stalled was Dez. it wasn't.

Bottom line is if the OL rebounds and Zeke has 1600 yards Dak, the passing attack and offense as a whole will be good, but they'd be ever better with Dez..this move makes Dallas worse, no doubt about it.

Dez isn't the problem, it's how the coaching staff uses him as well as Dak. With Romo he was a stud. 

But tell me again how there's no gap between Wentz and Dak...

My guess is Dez goes somewhere else and puts up a 1000+ yard, 10 TD season.

23 hours ago, Boss Hawg said:

I can see the Redskins. They jump at washed-up players with reckless abandon.