No1BirdsFan

Dez to be released

25 minutes ago, nipples said:

Dez isn't the problem, it's how the coaching staff uses him as well as Dak. With Romo he was a stud. 

But tell me again how there's no gap between Wentz and Dak...

My guess is Dez goes somewhere else and puts up a 1000+ yard, 10 TD season.

Eh, I mean Wentz is obviously better, but i’ll Also cut Dak the same slack I cut Wentz his rookie year when Dak had everything going in his favor.

who had the better OL last year? Better receivers? Coaching? 

The 1st 1/2 of the season last year until Zeke went out and the OL got banged up Dak was on pace for 38ish tds and 9 ints....I’ll take that...

If the Cowboys lose one player, their entire season is over. Tyron Smith out, Dak gets sacked 8 times in one game. Sean Lee goes out, defense gets scored on 30 points. Zeke goes out offense averages 10 points a game. That team is broken from top to bottom and it starts with Garrett, the worst coach in the NFL.

And regarding Dez...when they showed the Cowboys games on TV it seemed like he was getting shut down even in single coverage..he's definitely not worth that 10-13 million a year salary...more like 5 million. 

55 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Eh, I mean Wentz is obviously better, but i’ll Also cut Dak the same slack I cut Wentz his rookie year when Dak had everything going in his favor.

The 1st 1/2 of the season last year until Zeke went out and the OL got banged up Dak was on pace for 38ish tds and 9 ints....I’ll take that...

Dak had a great supporting cast his rookie year. Wentz not so much but still played well considering. Dak lost his RB in his sophomore year and sucked. Wentz got a great supporting cast his sophomore year and would have been MVP

You guys handle injuries badly too. You’re team falls apart when you lose key players. You lose Sean and your defense collapses

You guys need better depth if you keep losing key players

On 4/13/2018 at 6:29 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It wasn't a catch...

Lol, I meant the 2nd time Green Bay whooped them :/

When he was with Dak.

8 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Bwahahaha, can I have some of what you are smoking

21 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Dak had a great supporting cast his rookie year. Wentz not so much but still played well considering. Dak lost his RB in his sophomore year and sucked. Wentz got a great supporting cast his sophomore year and would have been MVP

You guys handle injuries badly too. You’re team falls apart when you lose key players. You lose Sean and your defense collapses

You guys need better depth if you keep losing key players

Again, Wentz is better than Dak, not saying otherwise, but Wentz  had more turnovers than td’s his rookie year,  he didn’t Play well, he started out very well and got worse as the season went on. If you looked back at my post from back then, you’d see that I defended him as well.  

With a great supporting cast year 1 Dak had 29 td’s amd 4ints, and i’d argue that he had less from a receiver standpoint than Wentz had this year, and would you say Doug is a better coach and play caller than Garrett? And this year until Zeke went out and the left hand side is of the OL left, he was at 21td’s/4int’s...so he was at 50td’s 8int’s until people got hurt. Not an excuse, just fact...he can’t carry a team, but he can play if he has a good cast.

again, Dak ian’t Better than Wentz, but if Dak can play like  that with a great rushing attack and OL, I will take that. 

and I 100% agree with dealing with injuries, but that’s on coaches, not the QB, I mean the birds ran the table and won a ring w/o Wentz...so you can’t credit Wentz for that.

Dallas falls apart when Sean Lee gets hurt because unlike Philly, Dallas doesn’t have dominant DT’s to protect the LB’s, and they struggle on O because Again, unlike Philly they don’t tweak their scheme to fit the backups. They asked a backup LT to play the role of Tyron Smith and block DE’s 1 on 1 with no help...the dude gave up 4 sacks in 1 half and still got no help....

bottom line is the FO is Dallas isn’t winning anything until Garrett leaves. He’s always held them back

14 hours ago, Perforator said:

Bwahahaha, can I have some of what you are smoking

Uh, yeah, when Zeke went out he was at 21td’s and 4 turnovers....that sucks

22 hours ago, OzzyX said:

If the Cowboys lose one player, their entire season is over. Tyron Smith out, Dak gets sacked 8 times in one game. Sean Lee goes out, defense gets scored on 30 points. Zeke goes out offense averages 10 points a game. That team is broken from top to bottom and it starts with Garrett, the worst coach in the NFL.

And regarding Dez...when they showed the Cowboys games on TV it seemed like he was getting shut down even in single coverage..he's definitely not worth that 10-13 million a year salary...more like 5 million. 

They aren’t  broken from top to bottom, they have good talent,  but overall you are right about Garrett, X’s amd O’s wise he is brutal.

23 hours ago, nipples said:

Dez isn't the problem, it's how the coaching staff uses him as well as Dak. With Romo he was a stud. 

But tell me again how there's no gap between Wentz and Dak...

My guess is Dez goes somewhere else and puts up a 1000+ yard, 10 TD season.

Complete agreement here.

On 4/14/2018 at 8:20 AM, BKLYNYG said:

Giants have plenty of pass catching options. Best WR in the division (OBJ), best slot WR in the division (Sterling Shepard...maybe Beasley is better but it’s close) a solid #2 in Marshall and Engram who is a pretty dynamic pass catching TE. This stupid team should score points if they can build up that OL. 

Just tell them to hire me as GM. I've already fixed this stupid team through the draft. 

3 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Uh, yeah, when Zeke went out he was at 21td’s and 4 turnovers....that sucks

I'm on track to marry Kate Upton.

3 hours ago, Perforator said:

I'm on track to marry Kate Upton.

Lol, you must have a great personality 

7 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Just tell them to hire me as GM. I've already fixed this stupid team through the draft. 

Forget GM, I wouldn’t even hire you to sell hotdogs.. .:-)

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Forget GM, I wouldn’t even hire you to sell hotdogs.. .:-)

Pffff. I've done a better job with the mock draft here than those bums will in real life. Bunch of Fing clowns in jersey. 

On 4/14/2018 at 2:11 PM, Stephen1 said:

Well at least we have that straight

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, Stephen1 said:

Again, Wentz is better than Dak, not saying otherwise, but Wentz  had more turnovers than td’s his rookie year,  he didn’t Play well, he started out very well and got worse as the season went on.

And this year until Zeke went out and the left hand side is of the OL left, he was at 21td’s/4int’s...so he was at 50td’s 8int’s until people got hurt. Not an excuse, just fact...he can’t carry a team, but he can play if he has a good cast.

So, in 2016 it was just that Wentz sucked, but in 2017 for Prescott it was because he lost teammates?

In 2016 Carson Wentz was 131/202 64.9% 1,404 YDS 10 TDs 2 INTs 97.5 Passer Rating in the 6 games that Lane Johnson played in. In the 10 games that Johnson was suspended, he was 248/405 61.23% 2,378 YDS 6 TDs 12 INTs 70.2 Passer Rating. Are those numbers better if Lane Johnson wasn't suspended? Of course, we can never really know.

But if you're goin to point out that Prescott played well with his 'supporting cast' in 2017, then you should also recognize that Wentz played well with his supporting cast in 2016.

Like you said though, it can't be an excuse. It's part of football and a QB has to rise to the challenge and can't fall apart when he loses a key member of the team to injury or suspension.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, in 2016 it was just that Wentz sucked, but in 2017 for Prescott it was because he lost teammates?

In 2016 Carson Wentz was 131/202 64.9% 1,404 YDS 10 TDs 2 INTs 97.5 Passer Rating in the 6 games that Lane Johnson played in. In the 10 games that Johnson was suspended, he was 248/405 61.23% 2,378 YDS 6 TDs 12 INTs 70.2 Passer Rating. Are those numbers better if Lane Johnson wasn't suspended? Of course, we can never really know.

But if you're goin to point out that Prescott played well with his 'supporting cast' in 2017, then you should also recognize that Wentz played well with his supporting cast in 2016.

Like you said though, it can't be an excuse. It's part of football and a QB has to rise to the challenge and can't fall apart when he loses a key member of the team to injury or suspension.

Excellent post.  But pure eye test ... Dak had it too easy in 2016 ... he spins away to find a wide open Witten and they keep showing it like he was Joe Montana throwing to Clarke???    Meanwhile... Wentz hits 2 guys in the hands and they drop TDs, then throws an INT that gets deflected, and its all his fault.    Eye test is all you need.  Dak stinks, can't read a D, can't make tough throws, can't make quick decisions outside of the read option, or one of two choices while rolling out.   Can't make tough corner throws where its over the shoulder, he needs to see both numbers, so throws end up either short, or inside routes in front of the safety.     Wentz meanwhile, reads the play, changes the play and manipulates the play to help his team.    Not even close.  

2 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

Teams are just scrambling to pick this guy up...

He was screwed by the Cowboys, teams have spent money and their focus is the draft, if he was released in Feb he would have been gone day 1..

1 minute ago, pencil face said:

He was screwed by the Cowboys, teams have spent money and their focus is the draft, if he was released in Feb he would have been gone day 1..

That can't be true ... Jerry always takes care of his players, everyone loves him, yadda yadda yadda

3 hours ago, pencil face said:

Yea it was a bit messed up. Still think teams might have been a little hesitant about him.

its just weird that 3 years ago this team was lead by Romo, Murray, and Dez in one of their better years and now they're all gone

10 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

its just weird that 3 years ago this team was lead by Romo, Murray, and Dez in one of their better years and now they're all gone

Romo and Bryant may be gone, but...

DeadMoney.JPG.f0ee243b3d711752c2c3fa1025b1cd84.JPG

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Romo and Bryant may be gone, but...

DeadMoney.JPG.f0ee243b3d711752c2c3fa1025b1cd84.JPG

Birds had $20M in dead money last year...