No1BirdsFan

Dez to be released

7 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

Teams are just scrambling to pick this guy up...

What teams? Does he still only want to stay in the division or will he go elsewhere?

16 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

What source is that? Over The Cap has them at $19.7M in 2017. 

The source is OvertheCap.com. Every team has dead money though. My post of the dead money wasn't meant to say that the Eagles are better or anything of that nature. I was just teasing Cowboys fans that they have so much dead money tied up in two players. It happens. It just sucks when it happens to your team.

Here's a screenshot from OTC:

OTC.JPG.521f34e61695b412fb4330ef8c89a96b.JPG

On 4/18/2018 at 1:54 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, in 2016 it was just that Wentz sucked, but in 2017 for Prescott it was because he lost teammates?

In 2016 Carson Wentz was 131/202 64.9% 1,404 YDS 10 TDs 2 INTs 97.5 Passer Rating in the 6 games that Lane Johnson played in. In the 10 games that Johnson was suspended, he was 248/405 61.23% 2,378 YDS 6 TDs 12 INTs 70.2 Passer Rating. Are those numbers better if Lane Johnson wasn't suspended? Of course, we can never really know.

But if you're goin to point out that Prescott played well with his 'supporting cast' in 2017, then you should also recognize that Wentz played well with his supporting cast in 2016.

Like you said though, it can't be an excuse. It's part of football and a QB has to rise to the challenge and can't fall apart when he loses a key member of the team to injury or suspension.

If you scroll up to previous posts you will see that I 100 give Wentz a pass for his Rookie year when the OL was shuffled because of injury and he had little help at the skill positions..The person I was replying to said Wentz  was great his rookie year under those circumstances....he wasn’t.....as injuries and suspensions piled up, Wentz got worse....but that doesn’t mean he is to blame. Now while I definitely think Dak deserves a little criticism, amd isn’t blameless, i’ll Still give him the benefit of the doubt for playing poorly under similar circumstances with what I consider and I bet most would agree is a much worse coaching staff....anybody here want to trade me Garrett for Doug? Anybody?...how about Garrett and a 1st rounder for Doug?

On 4/18/2018 at 6:58 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Romo and Bryant may be gone, but...

DeadMoney.JPG.f0ee243b3d711752c2c3fa1025b1cd84.JPG

The CAP is a paper tiger, teams can still pretty much keep who they want no matter their cap situation so I really don’t care but if you do care about those things.....next year Dallas is a projected 72m under the CAP....Philly....1.5

the only thing I like about that is that Dallas will definitely have no issue signing Martin to an extension and will hopefully be a little more aggressive in FA

23 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

next year Dallas is a projected 72m under the CAP....Philly....1.5

Ok... And who just won the SB? And who's roster has more talent? There's a reason teams like Cleveland and NY Jets have a lot of cap space and aren't very good. 

It's not about how much cap space you have but how you use that space and the players you have. Whilst Howie is in charge here I have no worries about the cap at all. He'll manage it and he'll keep the key players. 

On 4/22/2018 at 7:24 AM, Stephen1 said:

The CAP is a paper tiger, teams can still pretty much keep who they want no matter their cap situation so I really don’t care but if you do care about those things.....next year Dallas is a projected 72m under the CAP....Philly....1.5

the only thing I like about that is that Dallas will definitely have no issue signing Martin to an extension and will hopefully be a little more aggressive in FA

FB_IMG_1524443016065.jpg

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok... And who just won the SB? And who's roster has more talent? There's a reason teams like Cleveland and NY Jets have a lot of cap space and aren't very good. 

It's not about how much cap space you have but how you use that space and the players you have. Whilst Howie is in charge here I have no worries about the cap at all. He'll manage it and he'll keep the key players. 

Uhhhh thanks for arguing against something I never said....which is that the CAP even matters