No1BirdsFan

Dez to be released

I know he's not what he once was, but it's partially on Dak too. Dez would've put up better numbers with Romo. Dez also hired a full time WR coach to work on his route running and other weaknesses in his game this offseason. It took him too long to get serious and he was a sideline distraction, but he might have a comeback season....Cowboys probably going WR early in the draft. Meh....I want defense early.

They didn't even ask him to consider a pay cut - just axed him.  How 'bout dem Cowboys?

Get!

Lol jk

Sipping my tea...reading this..its a great day to see cowgirl dumpster fire

what a way to start a weekend.

allen hurns, cole beasley, terrance newman, ryan switzer....ouch thats about as bad a group as ive ever seen on paper

Q the Maclin or Decker signing. 

1 hour ago, cowboy30 said:

I know he's not what he once was, but it's partially on Dak too. Dez would've put up better numbers with Romo. Dez also hired a full time WR coach to work on his route running and other weaknesses in his game this offseason. It took him too long to get serious and he was a sideline distraction, but he might have a comeback season....Cowboys probably going WR early in the draft. Meh....I want defense early.

You guys used him as a decoy majority of his career

And now Dez says that he wants to sign with an NFC East team

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2770344-dez-bryant-unbothered-after-cowboys-release-lets-start-the-process?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

In order of my personal opinion of which team is the best option:

1. Redskins - Lackluster WRs, plenty of cap space.  Also a natural rival of the Cowboys.  Snider also loves "big" signings, and this would be big.

2. Giants - Not a lot of cap space, but they could use someone opposite of OBJ and Dez would be an upgrade over Brandon Marshall.  

3. Eagles - No cap room, pretty deep at WR, I don't think this will happen.

1 hour ago, paco said:

Get!

Lol jk

I'd only want him if we're going to repeat, and then only because it would REALLY piss the Cowboys off.

Just imagine,  we signed Bryant, sweep the Cowboys, get back to the Super Bowl and Bryant catches the game winning TD...

I can almost hear Jerry's muffled Pillow Screams getting louder and louder.

25 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

You guys used him as a decoy majority of his career

Kind of hard to read, but he was a beast for those 3 years with Romo. I agree about the rest of the years being a decoy. I would like to know how many teams actually doubled him this past season and last. Did he even need to be doubled? I know a few teams played him straight up.

2 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Kind of hard to read, but he was a beast for those 3 years with Romo. I agree about the rest of the years being a decoy. I would like to know how many teams actually doubled him this past season and last. Did he even need to be doubled? I know a few teams played him straight up.

I’m not sure if he was still being doubled. I think you guys used him as a decoy in your hot streak in 16. Didn’t he complain about not getting the ball from Dak and then he was finally thrown to and missed a few catches during your playoff game?

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'd only want him if we're going to repeat, and then only because it would REALLY piss the Cowboys off.

Just imagine,  we signed Bryant, sweep the Cowboys, get back to the Super Bowl and Bryant catches the game winning TD...

I can almost hear Jerry's muffled Pillow Screams getting louder and louder.

Anyway we can sign Dez for a two game contract (both dallas games)? Then the Skins sign him for their two games vs the Cowboys? Then the Giants?