Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Release CB Daryl Worley

The Eagles released cornerback Daryl Worley on Sunday. He was reportedly arrested early this morning in South Philadelphia. Worley was acquired by the Eagles in a trade with the Carolina Panthers ...

View the full article

There must be a bit more to the story than has come out in the news for him to be released so quickly.

Has he signed with the Cowpies yet?

44 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

There must be a bit more to the story than has come out in the news for him to be released so quickly.

Has he signed with the Cowpies yet?

Be interested on whether he resigns with the Panthers. If they don't want him back at his existing salary then you know something was up when they agreed to trade him. Buyer beware! 

Here are four CB's not on anyone's radar. De' Vante Busby 6ft 2in ,and 190, Elie Bouka 6ft 1in 205, Randall Goforth 5ft 10in 190, D.J. Killings 6ft 185. Anyone of these guys could be as good or better than Worley.  Just because we haven't seen them play doesn't mean the skill level isn't there. I have to believe that one of these four guys is going to step up to the plate. It is up to the coaching staff to figure out which one could be our next slot corner or etc. If the Eagles didn't like their potential, they wouldn't have signed them in the first place. 

Fort all you SW Florida fans my youngest daughter is moving to the Clearwater area. Since i'll be visiting occasionally maybe we can meet somewhere for a brew.

52 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Fort all you SW Florida fans my youngest daughter is moving to the Clearwater area. Since i'll be visiting occasionally maybe we can meet somewhere for a brew.

ASG, You are aware that the Eagles play the Bucs this year down in Tampa. Not sure of the date yet but you may want to plan your visit around that time frame. Tickets have been relatively easy to get. You just have to keep an eye on the Tampa Bucs web site to see when single game tickets go on sale. I would say to plan about 100.00 a ticket.

The list of charges for Worley:

Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act

DUI

Disorderly Conduct/Fighting

Resisting Arrest

Carrying firearms in public in Philadelphia

Possible instrument of a crime/w intent

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

ASG, You are aware that the Eagles play the Bucs this year down in Tampa. Not sure of the date yet but you may want to plan your visit around that time frame. Tickets have been relatively easy to get. You just have to keep an eye on the Tampa Bucs web site to see when single game tickets go on sale. I would say to plan about 100.00 a ticket.

Hadn't thought about that but sounds like a good idea especially since my brother in law is a Bucs fan

51 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

DUI

Resisting Arrest

Yeah that would probably do it.

What's missed here is Worley was also guilty of being irresponsible to himself and his teammates. Showing up toasted instead of sober and in shape is not a way of showing you're worthy of a shot at making a team.

Sullivan is my other under the radar guy. (Burton being the other) I think he'll prove to be a keeper. Great article, thanks!

Anyone think it a little strange that no one has signed Corey Graham yet in free agency? The Eagles paid him 1.6 mil last year and I thought he had a pretty good season for being 32 years old. Thought someone would snap him up at maybe a mil a year or so for another one year contract. Guess it still could happen after the draft.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:56 AM, Don Corleone said:

DUI

Resisting Arrest

Yeah-NO,Eagles called it right