Boss Hawg

Why Didn't The NFL Create A Line Of Action Figures?

It seems weird nowadays since kids are into more tech things than action figures, but I wonder why the NFL never got into the action figure genre. Take one popular player from each team, give him a super power or a vehicle, create a simple storyline and we're off! Plus, it's a great way to market your product to kids under teen level.

I know McFarlane has a line of statues, but you can't really do anything with them.

30 minutes ago, Boss Hawg said:

It seems weird nowadays since kids are into more tech things than action figures, but I wonder why the NFL never got into the action figure genre. Take one popular player from each team, give him a super power or a vehicle, create a simple storyline and we're off! Plus, it's a great way to market your product to kids under teen level.

I know McFarlane has a line of statues, but you can't really do anything with them.

The cartoon ran from 2010-14.

latest?cb=20140413045032screen_shot_2014-09-18_at_11.29.50_am.pn

They also had cards in the early 90s that I don't think helped that much.

3318-2278781Fr.jpgimage.jpg

The idea of making super athletes that are extremely wealthy into superheros is questionable to me. Kids either enjoy the game or they don't.

3 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

Like these only football?

B001APM444.02.lg.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Not really. An Amiibo is a toy you can buy that unlocks something in the game itself. 

Like for instance if you buy the 9.99 richard sherman action figure, you can scan it to unlock his 99 overall 2014 version to be used in franchise mode. or Maybe the 2013 Nick Foles Amiibo unlocks a 'beat tom brady in the superbowl' challenge

they look like this

a-selection-of-nintendo-character-amiibo

They have a little computer chip in the base and all current gen systems have a way of scanning them

Just now, Havenless said:

Not really. An Amiibo is a toy you can buy that unlocks something in the game itself. 

Like for instance if you buy the 9.99 richard sherman action figure, you can can it to unlock his 99 overall 2014 version to be used in franchise mode.

Ah, the skylander/lego dimension idea. I think game companies are backing away from those and the idea of football teams like that is absolutely insane. You'd need at least 22 guys to play a game so you'd need like 45 guys are per team free at least.

1 minute ago, zenclaybourne said:

Ah, the skylander/lego dimension idea. I think game companies are backing away from those and the idea of football teams like that is absolutely insane. You'd need at least 22 guys to play a game so you'd need like 45 guys are per team free at least.

No no, the game comes with everything normally, the amiibos add special things you cant get anywhere else. Like in Zelda they give him alternate outfits, in Madden it would just be special cards or a secret play mode or something. nothing required, just little add on stuff.

3 minutes ago, Havenless said:

No no, the game comes with everything normally, the amiibos add special things you cant get anywhere else. Like in Zelda they give him alternate outfits, in Madden it would just be special cards or a secret play mode or something. nothing required, just little add on stuff.

So basically physical representation of DLC? That's an interesting idea.

Just now, zenclaybourne said:

So basically physical representation of DLC? That's an interesting idea.

Exactly, plus you get the toy

Here is one of the best games of all-time using the Amiibo system extensively:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/guide_all_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_amiibo_unlocks

On one hand, I have the game, have no Amiibos and am missing absolutely nothing. On the other hand, a person in a different position can make the case that at least 25% of these are must-buys.

4 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

The cartoon ran from 2010-14.

latest?cb=20140413045032screen_shot_2014-09-18_at_11.29.50_am.pn

They also had cards in the early 90s that I don't think helped that much.

3318-2278781Fr.jpgimage.jpg

The idea of making super athletes that are extremely wealthy into superheros is questionable to me. Kids either enjoy the game or they don't.

It worked for Batman :P

5 hours ago, Havenless said:

... Like for instance if you buy the 9.99 richard sherman action figure, you can scan it to unlock his 99 overall 2014 version to be used in franchise mode. ...

Did 2014 Madden give him a 275 out of 100 in the Not Getting Called for Holding stat? He was nowhere near the talent of someone like Revis in their prime.

He also had two world class safeties covering for his mistakes 24/7 so he could gamble like crazy.

That guy may be the least talented super star in NFL history, but for some insane reason he was allowed to hold like crazy.

I will love watching him fail in SF if they start calling him by the rules.

Why stop with action figures? There is one poster in this forum who would buy a Derek Carr sex doll in a second.... well, before he inexplicably lost interest in football that is.

On 4/20/2018 at 11:20 PM, paco said:

Why stop with action figures? There is one poster in this forum who would buy a Derek Carr sex doll in a second.... well, before he inexplicably lost interest in football that is.

That's because he already has a Derek Carr sex doll.

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

That's because he already is Derek Carr's sex doll.

Fyp