Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Red Zone Becomes TD Time For Zach Ertz

Twelve receptions, 82 yards, eight touchdowns. Those were the red zone numbers from tight end Zach Ertz in 2017, among the best of all receivers, not just tight ends, in the NFL. The numbers represented The Next Step for Ertz in his football evolution, so now it can be said with full agreement: Zach Ertz is one of the best in the business ...

View the full article

58 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Kicking more money down the road. If we didn't have the FO and the culture we do, I'd worry a lot more;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/eagles-create-cap-room-with-brandon-brooks-restructure/

I just hope it is not For Bryant. Want no part of this dude....

In all these extensions one name is curiously absent - Graham. I would much rather have extended him long term than some of these 1 yr signings. Is Graham possible trade bait?

He may be MJK. He is going to demand allot of cash for his next contract. He is 30 years old, but should have at least 3 more good years. I guess it depends on how much the Eagles want to invest on the D-Line. I would think they can afford a 33 million contract for 3 years, but he may be looking for around 40 Mil and probably can get more on the FA market...

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

In all these extensions one name is curiously absent - Graham. I would much rather have extended him long term than some of these 1 yr signings. Is Graham possible trade bait?

Who else was extended?   Foles was not extended, just redone to get him paid if he plays.  He'll be gone next year.   Brooks, Lane and Ertz, not extended.  Bradham was a free agent, new contract.  Nobody was extended.   

Graham situation is different.  He in under contract, he wants security and to get paid.  He won't max out both by extending his contract.  If he wants max $$, he plays out his final year here and then goes into free agency to the highest bidder, which may or may not be the Eagles.   He may choose to do that one last time.  The Eagles won't pay that high of a price in an extension before he becomes a FA.  Cox deal was done in June, plenty of time for them to come together and take care of this .... but at the moment, there is the draft this week that needs attention.     

If I had to guess... Graham won't get done until Kendricks gets traded.   Would I like to lose Graham, absolutely not, but its a business, and he will have to give in a little if he wants to stay here and get security before the season starts.   

17 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Gronk the horse has a setback - sound familiar?

lol  you got me.  familiar enough that I went and looked to see what was going on in Patriots land.  hah  good one!

51 minutes ago, stine said:

I would think they can afford a 33 million contract for 3 years, but he may be looking for around 40 Mil and probably can get more on the FA market...

I would assume he is looking for $50 mil.   The $17 mil per year the top DL are getting... the $33 mil would be great for the Eagles, especially since they can use some of his 2018 salary as the signing bonus to bring down the cap a little more.  We'll see if they can come to an agreement.  Either way the machine rolls on!