Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Eagles Ponder Options For Day 1 Of Draft

As the Eagles burn up the phone lines talking with every team in the NFL and as the personnel department final, final, finalizes its draft board and as coaches continue to watch video of college prospects just for some last-minute knowledge, the reality is that the team has three very real options on Thursday night: 1. Stay at 32 and take the best player ...

View the full article

11 minutes ago, 08GSXR said:

Stick with BPA 

Yeah but heres the thing,we can move down and get MORE BPA's.The downside is you lose that 5th year signing option on the rook first round contract.Although my first target was McGlinchey(OT) in a move down scenario I could see us taking Justin Reid(FS) and still have a nice 3rd round selection for another OT.Big V played well,would only be a depth addition and to push Big V.Probably JP's last year,so we DO need to address the OT spot,but a nice FS would go a long way with Robinson gone 

Not a real mock here,but if I moved down I would take RD 2-Justin Ried(FS)-Stanford,RD 3- Jamarco Jones(OT)-Ohio state,RD 4- Josh Adams(RB)-Notre Dame.That as far as I have gotten lol

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Not a real mock here,but if I moved down I would take RD 2-Justin Ried(FS)-Stanford,RD 3- Jamarco Jones(OT)-Ohio state,RD 4- Josh Adams(RB)-Notre Dame.That as far as I have gotten lol

After that,I would probably be looking at a LB(round 4 pick) but who I dont know yet

OK here is my mock(move down out of 32) Rd 2-Justin Reid(FS) Stanford, Rd3-Jamarco Jones(OT)-Ohio State Rd4) Josh Adams(RB) Notre Dame,RD4-Dalton Schultz(TE)Stanford Rd5)Tavin Howard(OLB)-TCU,RD6) Durham Smythe(TE) Notre Dame RD7-Antonio Callway(WR)-Florida. UDFA(and my sleeper pick) Scantling(WR) USF

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

OK here is my mock(move down out of 32) Rd 2-Justin Reid(FS) Stanford, Rd3-Jamarco Jones(OT)-Ohio State Rd4) Josh Adams(RB) Notre Dame,RD4-Dalton Schultz(TE)Stanford Rd5)Tavin Howard(OLB)-TCU,RD6) Durham Smythe(TE) Notre Dame RD7-Antonio Callway(WR)-Florida. UDFA(and my sleeper pick) Scantling(WR) USF

I would be happy with this(of course I am biased lol)

If some players go to the WH and some don't, will that cause probs in the locker room? Another WH and I could see guys like Jenkins sitting down, talking and trying to get something done. This WH is too racist and divisive to expect anything but lip service.

I’m along the line of thinking that: take the player that falls at 32 unless someone wants to offer overvalue for that pick. This whole leadup to the draft there is evaluating draftees but also Rosie is assessing trade values for all our players. He could really strengthen this draft if he could get someone to overpay for vet and get us that extra day two pick we are missing.

8 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

If some players go to the WH and some don't, will that cause probs in the locker room? Another WH and I could see guys like Jenkins sitting down, talking and trying to get something done. This WH is too racist and divisive to expect anything but lip service.

HUH? The racist left in Feb of 2017

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m along the line of thinking that: take the player that falls at 32 unless someone wants to offer overvalue for that pick. This whole leadup to the draft there is evaluating draftees but also Rosie is assessing trade values for all our players. He could really strengthen this draft if he could get someone to overpay for vet and get us that extra day two pick we are missing.

Why give up a vet? We can move down from 32 into early round 2 and probably get the guy we want anyway

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Why give up a vet? We can move down from 32 into early round 2 and probably get the guy we want anyway

And pick up a third.So in your scenario,which vet are you giving up and what do you expect to get for him? Just curious

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don't think the same way.Look at how great this FO has done with picks AFTER round 1.Why give up a solid player or experienced mentor? I mean, look we got Jones,Hollins and even Clement as a UDFA .We are SB champs,why make more changes to what works?? My thoughts are limit the changes as much as possible,add to the depth,and get some future stars.Not alot of difference between a 32 pick and say a 36 with an added third we don't have right now,if you feel your first targeted player will be there at 36(or whatever the deal is).Decent players can be had in 2,3,4 as this FO has already proven  

Still like my mock and no not doing 1,000 as I have in the past.I like the mock I have the way it is lol,and hey I was pretty good about not posting 1,000 like before.Thought a long time before coming up with this one

• Tony Adams^, C, N.C. State (PRO, WOR)
  • Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville (PRI)
  • Brian Allen, C, Michigan State (EW)
  • Dejon Allen, G, Hawaii (EW)
  • Marcus Allen, S, Penn State (COM)
  • Ryan Anderson, P, Rutgers (LOC)
  • Michael Badgley, K, Miami (SR)
  • Nick Bawden, FB, San Diego State (WOR)
  • Ja'Whaun Bentley, ILB, Purdue (SR)
  • Quin Blanding, S, Virginia (COM)
  • Andrew Brown, DT/3-4DE, Virginia (SR)
  • Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (COM)
  • Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida (COM)
  • Jermaine Carter, OLB, Maryland (PRI)
  • Mason Cole, C, Michigan (COM)
  • Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon (COM)
  • James Daniels, C, Iowa (PRI)
  • Duke Dawson, CB, Florida (COM)
  • Jamil Demby, OT, Maine (PRI)
  • Leighton Vander Esch^, ILB, Boise State (COM, PRI)
  • Rashaan Evans^, ILB, Alabama (COM, PRI)
  • Folorunso Fatukasi, DT/3-4DE, Connecticut (EW)
  • Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (SR)
  • Daurice Fountain, WR, Northern Iowa (PRI)
  • Joshua Frazier, DT/3-4DE, Alabama (PRO)
  • Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon (COM)
  • Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin (SR)
  • Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State (COM)
  • Matthew Gono, G, Wesley (PRI)
  • Derrius Guice^, RB, LSU (PRI, WOR)
  • P.J. Hall^, DT, Sam Houston State (EW, WOR)
  • Da'Shawn Hand, DE, Alabama (SR)
  • Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama (PRI)
  • Quadree Henderson, WR, Pittsburgh (PRI)
  • Chris Herndon, TE, Miami (PRI)
  • B.J. Hill, DT/3-4DE/NT, N.C. State (SR)
  • Nyheim Hines, RB, N.C. State (COM)
  • Jalyn Holmes, DE, Ohio State (SR)
  • Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida (PRI)
  • Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (COM)
  • Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (PRI)
  • Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (COM)
  • Malik Jefferson, ILB, Texas (COM)
  • Trey Johnson, CB, Villanova (PRO)
  • Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State (COM)
  • Ronald Jones II^, RB, USC (COM, PRI)
  • Christian LaCouture, DT/3-4DE, LSU (SR)
  • Jordan Lasley, WR, UCLA (COM)
  • Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond (WOR)
  • Darius Leonard, OLB/ILB, South Carolina State (PRI)
  • Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (SR)
  • Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh (EW)
  • Sony Michel, RB, Georgia (PRO)
  • D.J. Moore^, WR, Maryland (COM, WOR)
  • Ryan Nall, FB, Oregon State (COM)
  • Bilal Nichols, DT/3-4DE, Delaware (WOR)
  • Uchenna Nwosu^, 3-4OLB/OLB, USC (PRO, PRI)
  • Chukwuma Okorafor^, OT, Western Michigan (COM, PRI)
  • Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (PRI)
  • Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T (WOR)
  • Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (PRI)
  • Kamryn Pettway, RB, Auburn (COM)
  • Harrison Phillips, DT/3-4DE/NT, Stanford (SR)
  • Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (COM)
  • Jeremy Reaves, S, South Alabama (PRI)
  • Malik Reaves^, CB, Villanova (LOC, WOR)
  • Justin Reid, S, Stanford (PRI)
  • Jaylen Samuels, RB, N.C. State (COM)
  • Bo Scarbrough, RB, Alabama (COM)
  • Dalton Schultz, TE, Stanford (COM)
  • Deadrin Senat, DT/NT, South Florida (COM)
  • Tim Settle, DT/NT, Virginia Tech (COM)
  • Tremon Smith^, CB, Central Arkansas (PRO, PRI)
  • Tre'Quan Smith, WR, Central Florida (COM)
  • Durham Smythe^, TE, Notre Dame (SR, WOR)
  • Tracy Sprinkle, DT, Ohio State (PRO)
  • Courtland Sutton^, WR, SMU (COM, PRO, PRI)
  • Kemoko Turay, DE/3-4OLB, Rutgers (SR)
  • Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (SR)
  • Cavon Walker, DE, Maryland (PRO)
  • Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama (SR)
  • Mark Walton, RB, Miami (COM)
  • Damon Webb, S, Ohio State (EW)
  • David Wells^, TE, San Diego State (EW, WOR)
  • Connor Williams, OT, Texas (PRI)
  • Darrel Williams, RB, LSU (SR)
  • Javon Wims, WR, Georgia (COM)
  • Isaiah Wynn, OT/G/C, Georgia (COM)
  • Kenny Young, ILB, UCLA (EW)

•  

Players the Eagles have talked to

Welp, Most mocks have us taking either a CD, TE, RB or OT. Some also think we move down. I guess we will see soon enough. 2 days away. Meanwhile the 76ers are about to win the first series in a long time.... the Phillies are 13-3 in last 16 games.... Life is good in Philly....

A part of me feels that Howie is just biding his time before he pounces. Part of me thinks if there's someone we really value available at an earlier pick that he could offer #32 and one of our three 4th rounders (or a current member on the roster) to move up and get someone we think could have a solid, damn near guaranteed impact on the team, whether it be this year or next. Odds of our 4th-6th rounders making this team are slim anyways given our depth.

I've also seen some seriously compelling arguments justifying picking an OG at #32, which is something I don't think gets mentioned too much here. It's fun to consider upgrading Wiz, or at least sparking the competition there, with someone alongside Jason Peters. Then we have Vaitai at depth, which is very solid and gives him another year of Peters-tutelage. It also allows Seu to concentrate solely on his natural position of center.

This post wasn't intended to be a long one so I've cut out the next 5 paragraphs to save for another time. lol

Swoop, You are a funny one!  Guard is definitely in play. Price, Hernandez or Wynn are all possibilities. I guess it depends on Douglas's board. I imagine they have all scenarios planned in case they do get a 2nd plus a 3rd for number 32. I really do not have any clue what teams are talking about with HR. Could be he already has possibilities lined up should someone drop that other teams are targeting...

When I look at that extensive list that GBFL posted, I only see 6 players worthy of the 32nd pick. OT/OG Isaiah Wynn, WR D.J. Moore, QB Lamar Jackson, RB Darrius Guice, ILB Rashaan Evans and C James Daniels. IMO, all others are a stretch at 32. If, and it is a big if, 6 qb's go in the first round like people are pronosticating. Then a very good player is going to fall to the Eagles at 32. Maybe even a top 15 player. It could get interesting. 

On 4/24/2018 at 12:06 PM, stine said:

Welp IMO that mock is awful lol(but hey what do I know) Waiting WAY too long to address OT in my view.We need a solid BU for BIG V and I would certainly go for one much earlier than this mock.I would also prefer we take a lower round 2 pick and gain a 3rd rather than a 4th(we have 2 fourths already.We shall see