Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[Spadaro] Eagles Ponder Options For Day 1 Of Draft

14 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Welp IMO that mock is awful lol(but hey what do I know) Waiting WAY too long to address OT in my view.We need a solid BU for BIG V and I would certainly go for one much earlier than this mock.I would also prefer we take a lower round 2 pick and gain a 3rd rather than a 4th(we have 2 fourths already.We shall see 

GBFL, point is we need more picks. More picks mean better chance of getting help for the long haul. Does it really matter what position they draft as long as they can help the team? I would also prefer a 2nd and a 3rd but getting an extra early 4th rounder is good also...

What is worse, you stay up all night just to watch your team trade away the pick! Then you have to watch it again Friday Night. Would be funny if they trade down again!

Still say that Lamar Jackson is best suited to play for the Browns. Now that I see that both the Patriots and the Saints are interested in him, it reaffirms what I believe. He could be a heck of a QB running RPO's with Barkley as his RB and Quenton Nelson blocking for him or even DE Bradley Chubb as a book end DE with Myles Garrett. If Belicheck and Sean Payton like this guy, that says a lot.

There's only 1 reason i'd like them to pick in the 1st.

I want to hear Goddell say, in AT&T stadium,  "with the 32nd pick in the draft the SUPERBOWL CHAMPION Philadelphia Eagles select ....."

:rod:   "Toniiiiiights the niiiiiiight'it's gonna be allllright" we,re the champs, aint nobody gonna stop us now

37 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

image.png.c7ebfe91399c35e50934648e3d30a26c.png

I'd love to have this problem annually

1 hour ago, stine said:

GBFL, point is we need more picks. More picks mean better chance of getting help for the long haul. Does it really matter what position they draft as long as they can help the team? I would also prefer a 2nd and a 3rd but getting an extra early 4th rounder is good also...

Sure,but a higher round (usually) means more talent,even if its raw talent.Ihave NP with a trade back as long as we get our targeted players.For me Jamarco Jones would be a fit in Philly

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sure,but a higher round (usually) means more talent,even if its raw talent.Ihave NP with a trade back as long as we get our targeted players.For me Jamarco Jones would be a fit in Philly

He need s little work yet,but he has the tools

I'm replacing Scantling,my original sleeper pick with this kid.He's gonna be a star(may even be better than Callaway)

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Oh well NM he will go too high lol,so back to Scantling as a UDFA

Seriously though,on Miller we could move back fairly far and still grab this kid.I know there are other positions/depth to consider,but this would give us a WR option without having to scan the FA's for WR's like we have been.We're gonna have to pay Agholor soon lol

My final calls in order of likelihood:

1. we trade back from #32
  2. We trade #32 and a player to move UP in the draft
  3. We pick at #32 someone of preference in this order:
    -  (OG)
    - (Safety)
    -  LB
    -  LT

Either way, bring it on baby! Super! Bowl! Champs!

Running a 95.6 fever so didn't want to stay up all night.

Remember when there was no show, you just read the picks in the morning paper - how'd they do that? Did they just call each team in turn?

12 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Running a 95.6 fever so didn't want to stay up all night.

Remember when there was no show, you just read the picks in the morning paper - how'd they do that? Did they just call each team in turn?

95.6 is LOW thats not a fever,thats a BP issue 

Now I want Anthony Miller-sheesh lol

OK, so I can't eat Caesar Salad tonight because people are coming down with E-Coli from Romaine Lettuce! What is the world coming to..... Guess I'll have to stick to Chicken and soup....