Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

2018 Hard Knocks - The Cleveland Browns

18 hours ago, SBorBust said:

The Browns have an offensive line coach who doesn't believe in stretching.

Todd Haley looks around every episode thinking to himself, "We can't win with any of these coaches."

I think Haley looks around thinking "what provocative things can I say to get the most screen time." Guy seems like a total a-hole. 

20 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think Haley looks around thinking "what provocative things can I say to get the most screen time." Guy seems like a total a-hole. 

He and Gregg Williams both - though Williams is funnier.  Haley is just a dewsh

21 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I don't know. I see him more as a guy with terrible interpersonal skills who doesn't suffer fools well. Unfortunately, he's completely surrounded by fools.

19 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Anyone watching Hard Knocks could see that Dez Bryant was marketing himself and had no desire to be on the Browns.

I often wonder why anyone would willingly go to the Browns if other teams are a possibility. Kendricks asked to be released from the Eagles, then signs with the Browns. Did nobody else want him, thus forcing him to go there? I kind of think that's the case, actually lol.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:49 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just went an looked and don't see where the episodes are. I didn't look too hard, but I looked a little.  Where are they hiding them? I'll watch some of the old season.

I have and watch on hbo, but after the Landry pep talk ep 1 and wanting to show a coworker, found the entire episode on nfl website a day or two later. Imagine that are all in here but mobile doesn’t let me have full view of descriptions like a laptop did

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-hard-knocks

10 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I have and watch on hbo, but after the Landry pep talk ep 1 and wanting to show a coworker, found the entire episode on nfl website a day or two later. Imagine that are all in here but mobile doesn’t let me have full view of descriptions like a laptop did

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-hard-knocks

I went through all of the pages and they only seem to have old (full) episodes. I don't see any from this season.

37 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I went through all of the pages and they only seem to have old (full) episodes. I don't see any from this season.

I wonder if they had them then pulled them. This was the link I sent my coworker (pulled from an email on 8/10)

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-network-hard-knocks%2F0ap3000000946858%2FHard-Knocks-2018-Browns-Ep-1

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I wonder if they had them then pulled them. This was the link I sent my coworker (pulled from an email on 8/10)

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-network-hard-knocks%2F0ap3000000946858%2FHard-Knocks-2018-Browns-Ep-1

Could be, that just plays a 1:16 trailer.

8 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Miles Garrett is a friggin tank. 

Mychal Kendricks lit you guys up, ha. 

Erin Andrews. Smoke show. 

It was their superbowl, right?

9 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Erin Andrews. Smoke show. 

I wish they would have shown his thoughts on a few more Eagles. We so rarely get to see raw, accurate breakdowns of players.

We all know Ertz is a tremendous receiver who is soft as a blocker. 

The most interesting take was what he said about Big V. For those who haven't seen it, Kendricks basically said that Big V doesn't have great footwork, can be overpowered, and will really lose confidence when things start to go badly for him. We've seen that play out a few times.

Erin Andrews is still a smokeshow. Hard Knocks didn't like to see her go, but loved watching her leave.

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

I wish they would have shown his thoughts on a few more Eagles. We so rarely get to see raw, accurate breakdowns of players.

We all know Ertz is a tremendous receiver who is soft as a blocker. 

The most interesting take was what he said about Big V. For those who haven't seen it, Kendricks basically said that Big V doesn't have great footwork, can be overpowered, and will really lose confidence when things start to go badly for him. We've seen that play out a few times.

Erin Andrews is still a smokeshow. Hard Knocks didn't like to see her go, but loved watching her leave.

I always though Ertz was an above average blocker. Guess not. I'm thinking Engram will develop into the same type of player. 

You can tell Kendricks was a little salty. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I always though Ertz was an above average blocker. Guess not. I'm thinking Engram will develop into the same type of player. 

You can tell Kendricks was a little salty. 

Ertz is the least physical 6'5" guy you'll ever see. We forgive him after the Super Bowl performance, though.

Do the Giants have an inline TE to pair with Engram? 

10 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Ertz is the least physical 6'5" guy you'll ever see. We forgive him after the Super Bowl performance, though.

Do the Giants have an inline TE to pair with Engram? 

Yup, one of the better blockers in the league in Rhett Ellison. Our dopey coach barely used him last year because well, he's a dope. 

Just settling down to watch the first episode of hard knocks. Straight away I see a difference in personality between Mayfield and Chubb. Not that it's an issue just found it amusing. One very head down appeared to be ready to get to it, the other taking selfies with fans. Again though I'm not saying it's going to be an issue. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Just settling down to watch the first episode of hard knocks. Straight away I see a difference in personality between Mayfield and Chubb. Not that it's an issue just found it amusing. One very head down appeared to be ready to get to it, the other taking selfies with fans. Again though I'm not saying it's going to be an issue. 

I think Mayfield has been great on the show and has done nothing to embarrass the organization. He's practicing hard and saying all the right things. I'm looking forward to following his career. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think Mayfield has been great on the show and has done nothing to embarrass the organization. He's practicing hard and saying all the right things. I'm looking forward to following his career. 

Oh I'm not saying he has or will. I'm just saying it's interesting to me the differences in personalities. There's nothing wrong with it at all. 

16 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

How? He didn't say anything that would be considered 'insider trading'.

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

IMO, the most impressive guy on the show has been Tyrod Taylor. It's easy to see why we've heard so many good things about him over the years. He's a natural leader. He's the perfect role model for Baker Mayfield. Being exposed to Taylor's slightly more reserved confidence is probably good for Mayfield.

Jarvis Landry has also been impressive. The guy works hard, is able to be coached hard, and has the complete respect of the coaching staff. Also, his girl is beautiful.

I'm not overly impressed with Garrett or Njoku. They are two of the most physically gifted athletes ever to walk planet earth, but I'm not sure either has the desire to be the best. When Willie McGinest was talking to Garrett about technique it seemed that Garrett wanted to be anywhere else in the world at that time. When Njoku was told to hit the jugs machine and catch 18 balls he caught exactly 18 and stopped. 

34 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

IMO, the most impressive guy on the show has been Tyrod Taylor. It's easy to see why we've heard so many good things about him over the years. He's a natural leader. He's the perfect role model for Baker Mayfield. Being exposed to Taylor's slightly more reserved confidence is probably good for Mayfield.

Jarvis Landry has also been impressive. The guy works hard, is able to be coached hard, and has the complete respect of the coaching staff. Also, his girl is beautiful.

I'm not overly impressed with Garrett or Njoku. They are two of the most physically gifted athletes ever to walk planet earth, but I'm not sure either has the desire to be the best. When Willie McGinest was talking to Garrett about technique it seemed that Garrett wanted to be anywhere else in the world at that time. When Njoku was told to hit the jugs machine and catch 18 balls he caught exactly 18 and stopped. 

Agree on Taylor and Landry. I'll take them on my team any day. Undecided on Garrett and Njoku. It's too hard to tell from the limited time they've been on screen. Both players look like beasts to me. Garrett destroyed the Eagles in that last game and Njoku did the same to the Giants in the first pre season game. Obviously that may not translate to the regular season, but all the tools are there. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Agree on Taylor and Landry. I'll take them on my team any day. Undecided on Garrett and Njoku. It's too hard to tell from the limited time they've been on screen. Both players look like beasts to me. Garrett destroyed the Eagles in that last game and Njoku did the same to the Giants in the first pre season game. Obviously that may not translate to the regular season, but all the tools are there. 

Taylor was a great pick up for the Browns. A good steady QB who looks after the ball and is able to make plays with his legs. Also a good pro who can teach Mayfield what it takes to be a pro. He's not going to lead them to the play offs but he'll help move them forwards until Baker is ready. As for Garrett... That dude is a beast so yeah I agree. I think he's going to step it up this year.