Shocker54

Lets all laugh at the Giants

12 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's funny, everyone (even me) talks about how the Giants missed out on a QB, and then in the same breathe point out numerous holes in each of their games. None of these guys are as good as the top QBs that came out the last two years, yet the Giants missed out. Very confusing. Picking for need instead of BPA is usually the wrong way to go. 

As Eagles fans we should know better then to count someone out and say they are gonna be horrible. Last year before the season started most fans thought the eagles we're gonna be complete crap. Outside of maybe Wentz and the dline you would of thought the Eagles had absolutely nothing going into the season the way people were talking. Which is the reason for kelces speech after the parade. 

20 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

A few comments...

First, the Giants got the best prospect in the draft, there's not doubt about that. The kid has no weaknesses. That said, it was the wrong pick. I wanted them to trade down, take Nelson and collect more picks. I wasn't too concerned about missing on any of these QBs. 

Second, you're not stacking the box to stop Barkley. Not with the best WR in the division on the outside, the best slot received in the division running across the middle, and what will soon be the best pass catching TE in the division running down the seam. The Giants have weapons. They just need Eli to learn how to throw a decent screen pass. 

Third, the draft is not over. They won't get a QB, but they are picking at the top of the second round and should be able to get a starting caliber OL. Will Hernandez and Connor Williams are sitting right there for the taking. The Giants also have 2 third rounders. We already have three new starters in place (LT, G, C). I'm thinking the OL will be in good enough shape. 

Lastly, the Giants are the only ones that have all the information. They passed on a QB for a reason. They either think Eli can handle the load or think they have something in Webb. If they're wrong, then we'll be right back at the top of the draft for the next few years and you guys can all point and laugh. 

he just said Engram is going to be better than Ertz

that's hilarious

go have some sawsige and peppas....oh ohhhhh

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

A few comments...

First, the Giants got the best prospect in the draft, there's not doubt about that. The kid has no weaknesses. That said, it was the wrong pick. I wanted them to trade down, take Nelson and collect more picks. I wasn't too concerned about missing on any of these QBs. 

Second, you're not stacking the box to stop Barkley. Not with the best WR in the division on the outside, the best slot received in the division running across the middle, and what will soon be the best pass catching TE in the division running down the seam. The Giants have weapons. They just need Eli to learn how to throw a decent screen pass. 

Third, the draft is not over. They won't get a QB, but they are picking at the top of the second round and should be able to get a starting caliber OL. Will Hernandez and Connor Williams are sitting right there for the taking. The Giants also have 2 third rounders. We already have three new starters in place (LT, G, C). I'm thinking the OL will be in good enough shape. 

Lastly, the Giants are the only ones that have all the information. They passed on a QB for a reason. They either think Eli can handle the load or think they have something in Webb. If they're wrong, then we'll be right back at the top of the draft for the next few years and you guys can all point and laugh. 

I agree with most of this. I really like Darnold but there are issues with each QB this year. Im of the belief that you don't take the QB that high unless you love the guy. You're essentially marrying that pick. If he busts, the staff goes down with him.

Eli is declining but he looked worse than he should have much ado to losing his entire wr corps in week 4 to go along with a running game that's been virtually non-existent since Jacobs and Bradshaw were splitting carries. Eli has had to carry everything.

Barkley is a do all back which fits a hole the Giants have been trying(and failing) to plug with picks and FA signings for 5+ years now. I have no issues with the pick.

If the Giants took Sam Darnold, then they would likely have to choose between a OL or RB in the second and still be left with a massive hole. Now they're in position to take a quality G/T (if they do) to pave the way for Saquon and to protect Eli.

Also, we still don't know what they have in Webb. I keep trying to think of where he would go in this draft. Big guy with some athleticism and an strong arm who put up some impressive numbers. Supposedly, both Gettleman and Shurmur had high grades on him last year.

Either way, build up the roster. When it's time to get a new qb, and you are sure of the guy, then go get him. That's what trades are for.

How soon we forget that the Eagles and Rams had to work their way from the middle to the front to get their guys. It's not illegal to trade. It's how the Giants got Eli in the first place

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

As Eagles fans we should know better then to count someone out and say they are gonna be horrible. Last year before the season started most fans thought the eagles we're gonna be complete crap. Outside of maybe Wentz and the dline you would of thought the Eagles had absolutely nothing going into the season the way people were talking. Which is the reason for kelces speech after the parade. 

Look at a player like Goff. He looked like crap after his first year. Now he might be a franchise guy. That's why we wait...and then laugh at each other in a few years. 

1 hour ago, Shocker54 said:

he just said Engram is going to be better than Ertz

that's hilarious

go have some sawsige and peppas....oh ohhhhh

I miss you. Do you miss me? 

I said best pass catching TE, not overall TE. Huge difference with that position. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

A few comments...

Um...do fewer drugs. We can argue Shepard vs. Agholor vs. Beasely, but based on 2017 it is Agholor. But unless Ertz died in the last few hours, well, stop it.

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Um...do fewer drugs. We can argue Shepard vs. Agholor vs. Beasely, but based on 2017 it is Agholor. But unless Ertz died in the last few hours, well, stop it.

Did you even do any research before pounding on that keyboard? I doubt it. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Did you even do any research before pounding on that keyboard? I doubt it. 

They've become far more smug than before. At least now it's understandable.

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

They've become far more smug than before. At least now it's understandable.

The dude probably skipped over the regular season and rest of the league and just watched the playoffs. 

But yes, they have every right to be smug. I would act the same way. 

32 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The dude probably skipped over the regular season and rest of the league and just watched the playoffs. 

But yes, they have every right to be smug. I would act the same way. 

:roll::roll::roll:

Yeah, I'm the delusional one that doesn't know football. 

Shepard is a good slot WR, and I'm not saying Agholor is better, and Beasley fell off a cliff in 2017 (mainly because you didn't have to cover anyone else on Dallas). But I'm also not calling him the "best slot receiver in the division" with no debate. That's ludicrous - it is debatable. Also, does Shepard even stay the slot WR, or does he go to #2 with Marshall gone?

Engram had a solid rookie season, but it's fair to ask how much his production was inflated by every other pass catcher on the team being hurt. But saying he "will soon be the best pass catching TE in the division," when the division has a pro bowl TE in it, is again a little nuts. Pump the brakes. Does he have the potential? Sure. Is he that guy yet, or going to be that guy in 2018? No.

1 minute ago, vikas83 said:

Shepard is a good slot WR, and I'm not saying Agholor is better, and Beasley fell off a cliff in 2017 (mainly because you didn't have to cover anyone else on Dallas). But I'm also not calling him the "best slot receiver in the division" with no debate. That's ludicrous - it is debatable. Also, does Shepard even stay the slot WR, or does he go to #2 with Marshall gone?

Engram had a solid rookie season, but it's fair to ask how much his production was inflated by every other pass catcher on the team being hurt. But saying he "will soon be the best pass catching TE in the division," when the division has a pro bowl TE in it, is again a little nuts. Pump the brakes. Does he have the potential? Sure. Is he that guy yet, or going to be that guy in 2018? No.

SS will stay at slot.  He's not tall enough to be a number 2. 

11 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

I remember a poster who argued Larry Donnel was better than Ertz a couple years ago.

19 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

SS will stay at slot.  He's not tall enough to be a number 2. 

What does height have anything to do with being a number 2?

18 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Of course it's debatable, everything's debatable, but Shepard is my guy and is a prototype slot receiver, so I'll go with him. If you asked me which guy is more versatile (meaning can play inside and bounce outside) I might say Agholor. Shepard will not be the #2 outside receiver. Speaking of pumping the breaks, Agholor has had 1 good season out of 3. Shepard is 2 for 2. 

Engram and Ertz were basically targeted the same amount in 2017 (115 vs. 110). Ertz is 100% the better all around player, and always will be (Engram will never be that kind of blocker), but Engram is more athletic and I like his pass catching upside. He's closer to being a #2 WR than Shepard if they choose to use him that way. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Of course it's debatable, everything's debatable, but Shepard is my guy and is a prototype slot receiver, so I'll go with him. If you asked me which guy is more versatile (meaning can play inside and bounce outside) I might say Agholor. Shepard will not be the #2 outside receiver. Speaking of pumping the breaks, Agholor has had 1 good season out of 3. Shepard is 2 for 2. 

Engram and Ertz were basically targeted the same amount in 2017 (115 vs. 110). Ertz is 100% the better all around player, and always will be (Engram will never be that kind of blocker), but Engram is more athletic and I like his pass catching upside. He's closer to being a #2 WR than Shepard if they choose to use him that way. 

I think people struggle with what a number 2 is these days.  I think it's probably because a number 2 isn't a number 2.  To clarify, it is just an outside receiver.  It helps to be tall to play outside.  I would argue that the Slot receiver is the #2, or even #1 in most offenses if you are talking pass catching options. 

22 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I remember a poster who argued Larry Donnel was better than Ertz a couple years ago.

I remember posters thinking Foles was the best QB ever, then they thought he sucked, now they think he's the best ever again. The NFL is the ultimate year to year league. Players build very little equity.  

17 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

They're going to waste half of their 2nd overall picks prime while trying to search for a QB to play with him

I was ecstatic when Giants pick was announced. The Browns were the Browns and left Darnold right there for the taking. Luckily the Giants have decided to stick with Eli. That was close. Yes they now have an elite RB. Unfortunately for them they have no one to block in front except a ovrepaid Left Tackle who's good but not great. That's it. 

2 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

I think people struggle with what a number 2 is these days.  I think it's probably because a number 2 isn't a number 2.  To clarify, it is just an outside receiver.  It helps to be tall to play outside.  I would argue that the Slot receiver is the #2, or even #1 in most offenses if you are talking pass catching options. 

It all depends on if we're talking about the #2 outside receiver or the #2 receiving option. It's different for each team. OBJ is our #1 option and then it's debatable if Engram or Shepard is the #2 receiving option. Our #2 outside WR will probably get the 4th most targets. 

Dal and NYG can fight over having the best RB in the div, we'll take having by far the best QB in the div any day, week, year, decade.

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Dal and NYG can fight over having the best RB in the div, we'll take having by far the best QB in the div any day, week, year, decade.

There’s no one in this draft that the Giants could have taken that would have changed that statement. So you add quality players and build your team in other ways. 

26 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Are you kidding me?  Do some research, you'll find out. 

No I'm not kidding, what exactly am I supposed to research? 

3 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

There’s no one in this draft or any other draft in the next decade that the Giants could have taken that would have changed that statement. So you add quality players and build your team in other ways. 

Fixed that for you there.

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Fixed that for you there.

Bold...and a little dumb. Let’s see if Wentz can even last 5 seasons let alone a decade. 

3 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Bold...and a little dumb. Let’s see if Wentz can even last 5 seasons let alone a decade. 

Yeah you better start rooting for injuries, only hope the rest of the div has left is for Wentz to get injured. No shot otherwise.

3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's bad enough they picked an RB that high, but to pass up on a QB while doing it? inexcusable.

The QBs in this draft were scrubs.

The Giants were smart to give a "hard pass" to these QBs.