Shocker54

Lets all laugh at the Giants

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

A few comments...

First, the Giants got the best prospect in the draft, there's not doubt about that. The kid has no weaknesses. That said, it was the wrong pick. I wanted them to trade down, take Nelson and collect more picks. I wasn't too concerned about missing on any of these QBs. 

Second, you're not stacking the box to stop Barkley. Not with the best WR in the division on the outside, the best slot received in the division running across the middle, and what will soon be the best pass catching TE in the division running down the seam. The Giants have weapons. They just need Eli to learn how to throw a decent screen pass. 

Third, the draft is not over. They won't get a QB, but they are picking at the top of the second round and should be able to get a starting caliber OL. Will Hernandez and Connor Williams are sitting right there for the taking. The Giants also have 2 third rounders. We already have three new starters in place (LT, G, C). I'm thinking the OL will be in good enough shape. 

Lastly, the Giants are the only ones that have all the information. They passed on a QB for a reason. They either think Eli can handle the load or think they have something in Webb. If they're wrong, then we'll be right back at the top of the draft for the next few years and you guys can all point and laugh. 

Well, the eagles won’t stack 8 in the box because they have the best run def in the world and canshut you out with just 6. But your point only stands if you have to Olineman to keep Bennett and Cox and Graham and Jernigan and Barnett and... let me get my breath... and Long and Ngata off Eli. This doesn’t help you, Nelson would have TREMENDOUSLY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Giants fans calling us smug. You take your "objective" "my guy" as proof as being the best. On top of that you try to rationalize taking the RB high when great RBs are there to be had in round 2. You could have a QB, Rojo, AND all those linemen.

Keep sniffing your own farts, Vag fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Of course it's debatable, everything's debatable, but Shepard is my guy and is a prototype slot receiver, so I'll go with him. If you asked me which guy is more versatile (meaning can play inside and bounce outside) I might say Agholor. Shepard will not be the #2 outside receiver. Speaking of pumping the breaks, Agholor has had 1 good season out of 3. Shepard is 2 for 2. 

Engram and Ertz were basically targeted the same amount in 2017 (115 vs. 110). Ertz is 100% the better all around player, and always will be (Engram will never be that kind of blocker), but Engram is more athletic and I like his pass catching upside. He's closer to being a #2 WR than Shepard if they choose to use him that way. 

Agree on Agholor having one good season, but he is trending the right way. Shepard is a good slot receiver, but I agree Agholor is more versatile. Like I said, I am not saying Agholor is better, just that I don’t think it is a rock solid conclusin Shepard is better (and let’s see if Beasely bounces back at all). OBJ is clearly the best WR in the division, but Shepard is not clearly the best slot WR. 

Engram - I will admit, I didn’t watch a ton of the Giants non-division games after their start. He showed potential for sure, but Ertz excels at stretching the defense as well from the TE position. Given Witten’s retirement and Reed’s injury issues, Engram may already be the second best TE in the division, but the gap between him and Ertz remains wide IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Havenless said:

Well, the eagles won’t stack 8 in the box because they have the best run def in the world and canshut you out with just 6. But your point only stands if you have to Olineman to keep Bennett and Cox and Graham and Jernigan and Barnett and... let me get my breath... and Long and Ngata off Eli. This doesn’t help you, Nelson would have TREMENDOUSLY.

Well we just mitigated that issue. Although that list of DL is damn impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

There’s no one in this draft that the Giants could have taken that would have changed that statement. So you add quality players and build your team in other ways. 

I think the Jets ate going to be very happy with Darnold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Uscg-Green said:

I think the Jets ate going to be very happy with Darnold.

I hope so. Someone needs to stop giving the Pats a free ride to the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I remember posters thinking Foles was the best QB ever, then they thought he sucked, now they think he's the best ever again. The NFL is the ultimate year to year league. Players build very little equity.  

I can only speak for myself. I have always liked Foles. He is not going to carry a team but put him in an offense suited for his game and he will be excellent more often than not.

 

I call out eagles fans saying silly ish all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Well we just mitigated that issue. Although that list of DL is damn impressive. 

Good player you got too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I can only speak for myself. I have always liked Foles. He is not going to carry a team but put him in an offense suited for his game and he will be excellent more often than not.

 

I call out eagles fans saying silly ish all the time.

Foles is a good QB.  He never stopped being a good QB.  He just wasn't in the right situation.  Most QB's need to be in a certain system to be successful.  There are very few QB's that can make it work anywhere.  Almost none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Foles is a good QB.  He never stopped being a good QB.  He just wasn't in the right situation.  Most QB's need to be in a certain system to be successful.  There are very few QB's that can make it work anywhere.  Almost none. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Foles is a good QB.  He never stopped being a good QB.  He just wasn't in the right situation.  Most QB's need to be in a certain system to be successful.  There are very few QB's that can make it work anywhere.  Almost none. 

Jeff Fisher will do that to anyone. 

I wonder how great Steve McNair really was in his prime- what if he had a competent coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Yeah you better start rooting for injuries, only hope the rest of the div has left is for Wentz to get injured. No shot otherwise.

Wentz is great, and I love the kid, but unless he learns to slide and avoid taking big hits, he’s not gonna be around long at all. 

As for the division not seeing any other QB comparable to him for a decade, that’s just Fing stupid, and you sound stupid for even thinking it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Havenless said:

Well, the eagles won’t stack 8 in the box because they have the best run def in the world and canshut you out with just 6. But your point only stands if you have to Olineman to keep Bennett and Cox and Graham and Jernigan and Barnett and... let me get my breath... and Long and Ngata off Eli. This doesn’t help you, Nelson would have TREMENDOUSLY.

How many times was Eli sacked last season against the birds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

How many times was Eli sacked last season against the birds?

Enough to get the L. That’s why they play the game. And our d doesn’t play for sacks, we were middle of the pack there. Look it up. We play for something much more dangerous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Enough to get the L. That’s why they play the game. And our d doesn’t play for sacks, we were middle of the pack there. Look it up. We play for something much more dangerous

:roll:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

What? Nobody ever rued the day over a guard 

Especially when they already have a starting guard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vikas83 said:

Jeff Fisher will do that to anyone. 

I wonder how great Steve McNair really was in his prime- what if he had a competent coach?

I have often wondered about the same thing.  He might have been a goat with a real coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Giants wanted a legitimate future quarterback they missed the boat, but they've done a great job fixing the offensive line issues, and running back. They need to upgrade the tight end, but that could be a muchly improved offense this year if Manning isn't shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Excel said:

If the Giants wanted a legitimate future quarterback they missed the boat, but they've done a great job fixing the offensive line issues, and running back. They need to upgrade the tight end, but that could be a muchly improved offense this year if Manning isn't shot.

Upgrade at TE? They have a rising star in Engram a good blocker in Rhett Ellison and a few solid backups. We’re fine at TE.

Remaining needs are Offensive Tackle, depth CB and depth in the front 7. There’s a few interesting WR prospects that are still out there as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Upgrade at TE? They have a rising star in Engram a good blocker in Rhett Ellison and a few solid backups. We’re fine at TE.

Remaining needs are Offensive Tackle, depth CB and depth in the front 7. There’s a few interesting WR prospects that are still out there as well. 

Many of my fellow Eagles brethren aren't paying too closely to rivals, forgive them please.

Anyway congrats on your draft, i'm not so sure that Jerry Reese would have done as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Many of my fellow Eagles brethren aren't paying too closely to rivals, forgive them please.

Anyway congrats on your draft, i'm not so sure that Jerry Reese would have done as well.

I've paid attention I've just never been high on Ingram as maybe some others. I think his hype was built on more potential than what he's actually accomplished, or what he can accomplish.

Outside of my comment on the Giants pass catching tight ends I thought they had a very good draft filling needs especially on the O line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now