Shocker54

Lets all laugh at the Giants

13 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

What? Nobody ever rued the day over a guard 

Hernandez is a beast, he will be the leader of that O-Line for next 10 years.  I'm actually pissed at Cleveland for not taking him. 

I thought the Giants had a good draft. I've been a big fan of Hill and McIntosh since the draft process started.

I'm glad they passed on QB, though. I'm glad they threw away a pick on a sub-NFL talent QB, too.

31 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I thought the Giants had a good draft. I've been a big fan of Hill and McIntosh since the draft process started.

I'm glad they passed on QB, though. I'm glad they threw away a pick on a sub-NFL talent QB, too.

I'm not going to lie, it kind of felt that way.  I don't know why they pick QB's that don't have NFL arms.  They have a history of doing this, Jessie Palmer, Nassib, etc.  The one thing I like about Webb is he's 6'5 and has an NFL arm.  So develop him slowly.  I think maybe they brought this kid in for competition.  Not really sure. 

Will Hernandez was a local beast here at UTEP....if Dallas was going to keep building their O-line, was hoping we'd get him. We were linked to him a bit. Was 1st round talent.

3 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I think they were on their way to an A draft, but when you only have 6 picks tossing away 1 knocks you down a full letter grade IMO. I give them a solid B. If they would have taken an OL or CB with that pick it would have been an A. Oh well. Maybe he turns into a solid 10 year backup/spot starter than can win a game in a pinch. 

Can't believe I'm saying this, but after watching Giants' press conferences and videos, I really like their staff. Gettleman is a genuine man. He didn't sugarcoat anything about the Saquon Pick. He mentioned that the media and the league for the most part, gets too hung up on the QB pick needing to be the correct pick.

A great player is sitting there for the taking, get the player. Don't overthink it, don't get cute.

And Pat Shurmur is a really great guy, good coach. When Chip was let go before his last game, the players really rallied around Shurmur. If Shurmur was hired instead of Pederson, I think the players probably would have liked it.

Giants offense is going to be very formidable.  I don't have a ton of faith in Manning going forward but they got a very good OT and drafted a potential long-term starter at OG.  Their RB, WR, and TE situation is as good as anyone's in the league.  Even a mediocre QB could clean up with that kind of talent.  

The concern is on the defensive side of the ball IMO.  They need to turn that around otherwise they're going to spend the twilight years of Eli's career mired in mediocrity.  

This thread is all feelings... I hate the Giants and would laugh at them any chance I could  but there's nothing funny about their draft. It's impressive, especially the Carter pick. OP is trolling heavy with this bs. 

Giants had a solid draft - as much as one can evaluate the day after the draft.

12 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think they were on their way to an A draft, but when you only have 6 picks tossing away 1 knocks you down a full letter grade IMO. I give them a solid B. If they would have taken an OL or CB with that pick it would have been an A. Oh well. Maybe he turns into a solid 10 year backup/spot starter than can win a game in a pinch. 

I'm in the same boat. That pick was ridiculous, and with all of the other needs, and already being without a 6th and 7th, taking a QB infuriated me.

I liked the rest of the picks though, even though I'm still not 100% sold that Barkley should have been taken over one of the QB's. I'm excited about Barkley, dont get me wrong, I just dont think a RB is ever going to be more valuable than a QB, especially when the QB you've already got is 37, and in obvious decline.

I have a gut feeling the giants will luck out and that Richmond QB will become a stud. I was surprised he was still on the board after how well he played in the senior bowl and the ridiculous numbers he put up in his college career. He doesn't have a huge arm but you can see great pocket presence. 

On 4/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, vincent_NJG said:

I agree with most of this. I really like Darnold but there are issues with each QB this year. Im of the belief that you don't take the QB that high unless you love the guy. You're essentially marrying that pick. If he busts, the staff goes down with him.

Eli is declining but he looked worse than he should have much ado to losing his entire wr corps in week 4 to go along with a running game that's been virtually non-existent since Jacobs and Bradshaw were splitting carries. Eli has had to carry everything.

Barkley is a do all back which fits a hole the Giants have been trying(and failing) to plug with picks and FA signings for 5+ years now. I have no issues with the pick.

If the Giants took Sam Darnold, then they would likely have to choose between a OL or RB in the second and still be left with a massive hole. Now they're in position to take a quality G/T (if they do) to pave the way for Saquon and to protect Eli.

Also, we still don't know what they have in Webb. I keep trying to think of where he would go in this draft. Big guy with some athleticism and an strong arm who put up some impressive numbers. Supposedly, both Gettleman and Shurmur had high grades on him last year.

Either way, build up the roster. When it's time to get a new qb, and you are sure of the guy, then go get him. That's what trades are for.

How soon we forget that the Eagles and Rams had to work their way from the middle to the front to get their guys. It's not illegal to trade. It's how the Giants got Eli in the first place

I think Gettleman is vastly overrating Eli and what Shurmur can do for him. I’m sure Gettleman is thinking this team made the playoffs 2 years ago and now have a healthy OBJ, good RB, improved OL so they can make the playoffs again. If Eli were a few years younger I would agree with him. Eli is on a serious decline.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

I'm in the same boat. That pick was ridiculous, and with all of the other needs, and already being without a 6th and 7th, taking a QB infuriated me.

I liked the rest of the picks though, even though I'm still not 100% sold that Barkley should have been taken over one of the QB's. I'm excited about Barkley, dont get me wrong, I just dont think a RB is ever going to be more valuable than a QB, especially when the QB you've already got is 37, and in obvious decline.

The Giants upcoming season will be pretty cut and dry. If Eli plays well the Giants might challenge for a WC spot. If he continues to regress they’ll be back at the top of the draft with the opportunity to try and find his replacement or add more top end talent. 

26 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I think Gettleman is vastly overrating Eli and what Shurmur can do for him. I’m sure Gettleman is thinking this team made the playoffs 2 years ago and now have a healthy OBJ, good RB, improved OL so they can make the playoffs again. If Eli were a few years younger I would agree with him. Eli is on a serious decline.

Very possible. I would have liked an heir apparent qb to be taken but if they took Darnold then they would have had to choose between OL and RB in the second instead of getting both.

Sure, Eli is declining and the Giants need a new qb sooner rather than later but you also want to build up the roster so a new young qb won't have to carry to the team

Stronger roster should not only extend Eli's career another year or so but will dramatically help a young QBs development.

1 hour ago, Damanick10 said:

I have a gut feeling the giants will luck out and that Richmond QB will become a stud. I was surprised he was still on the board after how well he played in the senior bowl and the ridiculous numbers he put up in his college career. He doesn't have a huge arm but you can see great pocket presence. 

Giants now have the last 2 Senior Bowl MVP QBs on the roster in Davis Webb and Kyle Lauletta

The previous 3 Senior Bowl MVP QBs: Dak Prescott, EJ Manuel, and Christian Ponder.

....meh.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

The Giants upcoming season will be pretty cut and dry. If Eli plays well the Giants might challenge for a WC spot. If he continues to regress they’ll be back at the top of the draft with the opportunity to try and find his replacement or add more top end talent. 

Eh I don't see you guys being that high again for awhile even if Eli declines.  That offense is going to win games regardless unless Hernandez and Solder are mega-busts. 

2 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Giants now have the last 2 Senior Bowl MVP QBs on the roster in Davis Webb and Kyle Lauletta

The previous 3 Senior Bowl MVP QBs: Dak Prescott, EJ Manuel, and Christian Ponder.

....meh.

I was really impressed with Lauletta in th Senior Bowl. They say his arm is weak but it looked ok in that game.

2 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I was really impressed with Lauletta in th Senior Bowl. They say his arm is weak but it looked ok in that game.

Thats really his one weakness. His arm is probably on par with that of Chad Penningtons. It's good enough but if he were to have an arm/shoulder injury and lose any strength whatsoever, he will be done.

Smart dude, great intangibles, decent athlete but he lacks the zip needed in the NFL especially in inclement weather.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, BKLYNYG said:

It's funny, everyone (even me) talks about how the Giants missed out on a QB, and then in the same breathe point out numerous holes in each of their games. None of these guys are as good as the top QBs that came out the last two years, yet the Giants missed out. Very confusing. Picking for need instead of BPA is usually the wrong way to go. 

Your Giants are obviously gambling on Eli for at least the next 2 years or so. Prolly not a bad gamble, on avg. The problem is: you won't get another draft pick this high unless they really tank it again, which no one on your side wants to see.

I think I agree: it was a mistake not taking one of the top QBs when you had the chance and then going for a decent RB in the later rounds. That or the 'trading down for more picks' strategy. At some point Eli is going to either walk away or be cut. What then? Eli has a connection to the team and it's history. The new regime has no ties other than sentimentality. New HCs & GMs almost always want 'their guy' at QB and Eli is not that guy.

It'll be fun to see how it all shakes out. Eli has passed all over us the last 2 games. I'm hoping our new defensive additions will cut that back a bit.

And I'll be interested to see if ODB can play a full season without getting hurt.  

I've heard a couple beat writers say the Eagles "stuck it to the Giants" by letting the the Ravens go up and get Jackson ahead of them.  Was there even any indication that the Giants even had interest in Jackson? Seems just like someone trying to make a story.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:28 PM, Swimm said:

I knew the Browns would screw up<_<

I agree .... the Browns are probably the most stupid loser franchise in NFL history

On 4/26/2018 at 11:41 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This was the best possible outcome for us it really was. Eli is a declining player and that O line still isn't anything special. So yeah good luck to Barkley trying to get lots of big plays behind that O line. And by the time they finally address the QB situation Barkley will have a whole lot of miles on the clock. 

The Giants had an opportunity this year to take a really good QB to develop behind Eli. And unless their plan is to suck bad for the next couple of years then they've messed up bad. 

I am I bummed Barkley is a Giant , yes ...but you could see it coming a mile away especially with the pathetic loser Browns picking first.

Browns could have gotten Barkley and Mayfield or Darnold  ...dumb dumb super dumb

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

I've heard a couple beat writers say the Eagles "stuck it to the Giants" by letting the the Ravens go up and get Jackson ahead of them.  Was there even any indication that the Giants even had interest in Jackson? Seems just like someone trying to make a story.

None whatsoever. Not before, during or after the draft, and I read almost everything. 

48 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

None whatsoever. Not before, during or after the draft, and I read almost everything. 

That's what I thought.  Giants drafted well, gotta give it to em.  Next up is fixing that defense.

2 hours ago, flyeagles said:

Browns could have gotten Barkley and Mayfield or Darnold  ...dumb dumb super dumb

How could they have managed that if they picked Barkley first and Mayfield and Darnold are chosen with the next two picks?