Shocker54

Lets all laugh at the Giants

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But if you take Barkley at #1 then god knows who you end up with at #4. Surely having the #1 pick means you absolutely get the pick of whoever you want? And so you have to take your QB. 

Barkley will make any QB better ... they have Tyrod Taylor already

Brown's have a decent D so Barkley will would make them better as well

1 minute ago, flyeagles said:

Barkley will make any QB better ... they have Tyrod Taylor already

Brown's have a decent D so Barkley will would make them better as well

But Taylor isn't the long term answer bud. You don't build your team around a RB as NY are going to find out. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But Taylor isn't the long term answer bud. You don't build your team around a RB as NY are going to find out. 

Barkley is a Giant so its a moot point .. 

Just now, flyeagles said:

Barkley is a Giant so its a moot point .. 

I know he is... My point is you don't build your team around a RB and that's kind of what NY now seem to be doing. 

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But they are going to have to run him in to the ground with that O line and with Eli as their QB. I think it's fair to say that most around the NFL love the pick because Barkley is such a good player but ultimately they've dropped the ball. 

Just curious, how do you know how well the Giants OL will perform? They have 5 new starters in place (unless Flowers can pull it together and beat Wheeler out for the right tackle spot). 

In regards to the QBs, which of the top 4 did you consider a franchise changer? 

Why would they have to run Barkley into the ground when they have a deep stable of backs and one of the better collection of skill players in the league? If anything they won’t be able to get him and OBJ the ball enough. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know he is... My point is you don't build your team around a RB and that's kind of what NY now seem to be doing. 

You can’t build your team around a strong running game, really? I’ve seen that formula work before. Run the ball, play solid defense. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

Just curious, how do you know how well the Giants OL will perform? They have 5 new starters in place (unless Flowers can pull it together and beat Wheeler out for the right tackle spot). 

It's improved yeah bud but I still don't think it's a good O line. Plus as you say there's 5 new starters so they'll need time to gel as a unit. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Umm... I don't really know. All have nice skills but all come with some alarming flaws. But I think NY have a good position with a veteran QB that they could sit a rookie behind. 

Did they fix their Oline? If they didn't then this wasn't a good pick. They could have him throw the ball out really quick like he did against us but there's a chance he still gets killed

They face a lot of really good defenses in their first half of their schedule. Can Eli and their fancy new RB survive?

5 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Did they fix their Oline? If they didn't then this wasn't a good pick. They could have him throw the ball out really quick like he did against us but there's a chance he still gets killed

They face a lot of really good defenses in their first half of their schedule. Can Eli and their fancy new RB survive?

Image result for saquon barkley draft

You gotta admit, he does dress pretty fancy.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Why would they have to run Barkley into the ground when they have a deep stable of backs and one of the better collection of skill players in the league? If anything they won’t be able to get him and OBJ the ball enough. 

thats a lot of changes ... takes time for a line to mesh. 

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

thats a lot of changes ... takes time for a line to mesh. 

Yup, I'm hoping they simply go from terrible to middle of the pack. It's still the worst OL in the division which is why the best case scenario is probably 8 wins. 

FWIW

image.png.042e3537f53e00796baec2debab7ecd2.png

Link to site https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/passing-plays-sacked

Besides the sacks, when looking at Eli's other stats, he's right there in the middle. You wouldn't think that'd be the case, but all things considered he's played well. He can give the Giants another two years and you can see that he wasn't sacked that much. 

13 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

FWIW

Besides the sacks, when looking at Eli's other stats, he's right there in the middle. You wouldn't think that'd be the case, but all things considered he's played well. He can give the Giants another two years and you can see that he wasn't sacked that much. 

He doesn't get sacked because he's been check down Charlie for two years.  Dude bails on the pocket.  Eli is a bottom end starter nowadays.

18 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

FWIW

That's because he threw the ball away (many times to the other team) at the first sign of danger. He was a friggin deer in headlights. He also had way fewer five step drops and barely went deep. It was a truly terrible year on offense. 

19 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

FWIW

The sack numbers are very misleading.  In Macadoo's offense the ball was coming out really quick.  That's why he wasn't sacked more than 31 times.  With this line in Gilbride's offense Eli wouldn't have finished the year.

11 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

That's because he threw the ball away (many times to the other team) at the first sign of danger. He was a friggin deer in headlights. He also had way fewer five step drops and barely went deep. It was a truly terrible year on offense. 

Not having five step drops was coaching though.  That wasn't Eli.  You don't see that in Macadoo's offense.   Everything was based on quick throws.  If it was there huff it, if not get rid of it.  I really think you are taking some of what was just bad coaching and pinning it on players. 

16 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Not having five step drops was coaching though.  That wasn't Eli.  You don't see that in Macadoo's offense.   Everything was based on quick throws.  If it was there huff it, if not get rid of it.  I really think you are taking some of what was just bad coaching and pinning it on players. 

It also made the offense painfully predictable. Nothing but short- intermediate passes and occasional draws. Defenses were able to just go after Eli and cut off short routes all day.

With no deep threat or running game and a predictable offense, it's surprising that it wasn't worse than it turned it. 

On 4/30/2018 at 2:50 PM, BKLYNYG said:

You can’t build your team around a strong running game, really? I’ve seen that formula work before. Run the ball, play solid defense. 

Good luck running On the eagles defense.  Your playing against their strength.    And even if you do succeed, I doubt you outscore wentz and Co.  

yes the giants played the eagles tough last year. But I would argue that the eagles left a lot of points on the field and don’t expect that happening again 

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Good luck running On the eagles defense.  Your playing against their strength.    And even if you do succeed, I doubt you outscore wentz and Co.  

yes the giants played the eagles tough last year. But I would argue that the eagles left a lot of points on the field and don’t expect that happening again 

Well we know that Manning can throw on the Eagles defense, that was proven 2Xs last year. Having a little more balance  on offense will only make our passing game more potent, so maybe they don't need to rush for 100+ yards rushing to win. The thing that excites me about Barkley is that he's a game breaker. A defense can stop our running game for three quarters then all of a sudden he pops one. We didn't have that last year. 

Barkley will have a huge year with check down Eli.  As I said at the top the Giants should be right back in the wild card hunt.  But Eli is an average starting Qb at best and the defense is solid but certainly not elite.  So they won't be sniffing a deep run.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Barkley will have a huge year with check down Eli.  As I said at the top the Giants should be right back in the wild card hunt.  But Eli is an average starting Qb at best and the defense is solid but certainly not elite.  So they won't be sniffing a deep run.

If Barkley is good enough to make the 2nd worst team in the league a wild card contender in a single year, then he's well worth the #2 overall pick.

9 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

If Barkley is good enough to make the 2nd worst team in the league a wild card contender in a single year, then he's well worth the #2 overall pick.

Lets be honest here ....  last year blew up for many reasons because the year prior they were fine. Injuries played part 

5 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Lets be honest here ....  last year blew up for many reasons because the year prior they were fine. Injuries played part 

True. However, they were 0-3 before they got hammered by the injury bug. 

The offense has been one dimensional (pass-pass-pass) since the days of Jacobs and Bradshaw. A little balance should go a long way.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

I'm also factoring in Hernandez, Solder and a better coaching staff.  Engram in his 2nd year...

But yeah, that's th difference between a GREAT back and a franchise, top 10 Qb.  The back takes you to the wild card, the Qb takes you to the SB.