Shocker54

Lets all laugh at the Giants

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Dude I saw him, you saw him.  Kid is legit.  I'm a guy who never called McNabb elite, not once.

Of course he's legit, but legit is not elite. He's got to earn that tag over time by proving that he can consistently play at a very high level for more than one season, not to mention stay on the field

He's definitely headed in the right direction if he comes back 100% from this injury

6 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Anyone with a pair of eyes can see Wentz is the next great QB, only thing the rest of the div can hope for is injury.

That cool-aid must be good, Wentz is 0-0 in the playoffs, and until he shows up in the playoffs and ball out and make a SB run, he's not great...

3 hours ago, pencil face said:

That cool-aid must be good, Wentz is 0-0 in the playoffs, and until he shows up in the playoffs and ball out and make a SB run, he's not great...

Yea and hope he has a wide receiver that catches balls with his helmet.

7 hours ago, pencil face said:

The cool-aid is especially refreshing this offseason, yes.

7 hours ago, pencil face said:

Dumb argument. Several great QB's have never won a Super Bowl.

If you dont think that Wentz has the serious potential to be a great QB, then you are blind, or you just haven't watched him play.

19 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Dumb argument. Several great QB's have never won a Super Bowl.

If you dont think that Wentz has the serious potential to be a great QB, then you are blind, or you just haven't watched him play.

Yeah. Going by this definition Flacco is great.

On 5/6/2018 at 10:59 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah, but...teams with elite Qb's are in it year in year, year out.  Those that don't are the ones that rise and fall.  In the NFC East there is only 1 elite Qb and his name is Carson Wentz.  So its the other teams that have to close that gap with defense, trenches, coaching etc.

I'll call Wentz elite, but I will also point out that what you stated is only true in weak divisions.  The NFC East is not a weak division.  Not year in and year out like the AFC Least and whatever crap division Peyton Manning played in. 

10 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I'll call Wentz elite, but I will also point out that what you stated is only true in weak divisions.  The NFC East is not a weak division.  Not year in and year out like the AFC Least and whatever crap division Peyton Manning played in. 

I dunno bud... Cowboys are very up and down with a suspect defense. Not saying they are a bad team but they aren't good either. Giants stunk it up last year and I'd say have bigger question marks going in to this year and the racists lost their QB and haven't been a good team for a few years now. 

It's not an awful division but it's not really a good one. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I dunno bud... Cowboys are very up and down with a suspect defense. Not saying they are a bad team but they aren't good either. Giants stunk it up last year and I'd say have bigger question marks going in to this year and the racists lost their QB and haven't been a good team for a few years now. 

the skins Id say in a few decades. Atleast the Pokes have had some solid seasons sprinkled in here and there . Giants have been right on par with us for most part in 2k ERA . 

On 5/10/2018 at 7:10 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Heh reality has a way of sneaking up on you.  You'll find out. 

10 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Heh reality has a way of sneaking up on you.  You'll find out. 

Oh of course it does... Who thought the Eagles would bounce from 7-9 in consecutive years to 13-3 #1 seed and Super Bowl Champions. 

Sorry just to be clear... Super Bowl Champions. 

On 5/10/2018 at 7:10 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hard to argue any of this, especially the Giants. New GM, new coaches, new offense/defense....thats a whole lot of unknowns, especially for a team that previously went 3-13

3 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

Hard to argue any of this, especially the Giants. New GM, new coaches, new offense/defense....thats a whole lot of unknowns, especially for a team that previously went 3-13

Exactly bud. I mean do I think Barkley is going to be a really good player? Yeah I do. Do I think you'll be better this year? Yeah you have to be really. But how much better? Eli is in decline so another year older... Does that continue? I'd say its likely. 

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh of course it does... Who thought the Eagles would bounce from 7-9 in consecutive years to 13-3 #1 seed and Super Bowl Champions. 

Sorry just to be clear... Super Bowl Champions. 

Yeah I've watched the Giants four of them.  Been there done that.  Wouldn't be shocked if the Giants win it all this year.  Which is why I think it's funny that you think the East is going to be some kind of cake walk.  I could see the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys winning it. 

19 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Exactly bud. I mean do I think Barkley is going to be a really good player? Yeah I do. Do I think you'll be better this year? Yeah you have to be really. But how much better? Eli is in decline so another year older... Does that continue? I'd say its likely. 

Eli was never in a decline.  (What were his numbers vs Philly again last year?)  He had a GM that didn't a value a position that he always needed to be successful.  Eli was never going to play well on a team without an offensive line.  That's why Reese got fired.  It took way too long.  It should have happened after 2013 IMO. 

1 hour ago, Happyfoosball said:

Yeah I've watched the Giants four of them.  Been there done that.  Wouldn't be shocked if the Giants win it all this year.  Which is why I think it's funny that you think the East is going to be some kind of cake walk.  I could see the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys winning it. 

Eli was never in a decline.  (What were his numbers vs Philly again last year?)  He had a GM that didn't a value a position that he always needed to be successful.  Eli was never going to play well on a team without an offensive line.  That's why Reese got fired.  It took way too long.  It should have happened after 2013 IMO. 

He is definitely in decline. He was never really accurate and he has lost some arm strength. I always though his biggest strength was the fact he is tough and hangs in long enough to throw the ball down the field. But his deep balls tail off and float a lot more than they used to it seems to me. We will see though.

14 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Which is why I think it's funny that you think the East is going to be some kind of cake walk.  I could see the Giants, Eagles, or Cowboys winning it. 

I just don't see it but hey I could be wrong. I just think this Eagles team is better than the one that just won the SB whereas I don't think the Cowboys are stronger. And the Giants are but they are going to have to take huge strides to catch up. 

18 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Who the hell cares what his numbers were? They lost both games

And if you dont think he's been in a decline, and you think theres an even slight chance that they "win it all this year" then you are more far gone than I thought you were. The roster is still a damn mess, and extremely thin in the secondary. There was no way that they were going to be able to go from 3-13 to any kind of contender in just one off season. They'd be extremely lucky to go 8-8. They'll need at least another year or two to fix this ish.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:28 AM, Swimm said:

I knew the Browns would screw up<_<

Browns screwed up by not selecting Wentz or even Watson Mayfield will not be as good as either one

On 4/27/2018 at 11:38 AM, Boss Hawg said:

The Eagles and Ravens screwed the Giants since it wouldn't have shocked me to see the Giants take Jackson at the top of the 2nd.

They could have taken Rudolph w that pick now the Steelers have there QB of the future

On 5/13/2018 at 8:56 PM, C Simmons 96 said:

They could have taken Rudolph w that pick now the Steelers have there QB of the future

See this is what I don't get. Everyone is content with Mason Rudolph being the Steelers QB of the future as a 3rd round pick. No one is batting an eye at that. At the same time, everyone is sneering at Davis Webb who was the Mason Rudolph of the 2017 draft and Kyle Lauletta.

The Giants have the last 2 Senior Bowl MVPs competing for the spot for QB of the future yet everyone is bashing the Giants for not rolling the dice on a qb in the 1st.

8 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

See this is what I don't get. Everyone is content with Mason Rudolph being the Steelers QB of the future as a 3rd round pick. No one is batting an eye at that. At the same time, everyone is sneering at Davis Webb who was the Mason Rudolph of the 2017 draft and Kyle Lauletta.

The Giants have the last 2 Senior Bowl MVPs competing for the spot for QB of the future yet everyone is bashing the Giants for not rolling the dice on a qb in the 1st.

I only think the Rudolph thing got such hype and media attention was because of Big Ben. If he stayed quite , no one would be talking about this 3rd rounder 

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

I only think the Rudolph thing got such hype and media attention was because of Big Ben. If he stayed quite , no one would be talking about this 3rd rounder 

Possibly but he was the supposed dark horse for the 1st round and the talking heads often considered him the most underrated qb prospect. Eh.

On 5/12/2018 at 2:54 PM, boogyman said:

He is definitely in decline. He was never really accurate and he has lost some arm strength. I always though his biggest strength was the fact he is tough and hangs in long enough to throw the ball down the field. But his deep balls tail off and float a lot more than they used to it seems to me. We will see though.

See, I really didn't see him throw deep much last year and most of the time he did he was throwing off his back foot because he was about to get punked by an incoming DL or LB.  Like I said, let's wait and see next year.  This should be the best OL he's played behind in a long time.  Doesn't mean it will be, it just SHOULD be. 

On a side note, I don't care what anybody says.  If this OL is as pitiful as the one they had last season, they can put OBJ, Saquan, Jerry Rice back there.  They won't make the playoffs.  This line needs to improve for the Giants to go anywhere.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:36 AM, vincent_NJG said:

There is always a reason for optimism with fans ?

There is also a reason why the Senior Bowl MVPs, who are drafted in round 3+, are not considered top tier NFL QB prospects.     Do QBs drafted in rounds 3+ make it to the top of the NFL?  Sure, but the odds are stacked against them, more than a 1st rounder.    Wentz wasn't picked #2 overall because he dominated 1-AA in college, he was drafted that high for potential and command of the field.   If either Web or Rudolph offered a similar package, 32 NFL scouting teams would have pushed them higher in the draft. 

And before you go all high and mighty - it's about increasing your odds of getting a REALLY good QB.  There will be plenty of busts in this years 1st round QBs,  but 32 teams agreed that the odds of the 1st round QBs panning out, were better than the odds of your 3rd/4th round QBs panning out

On 5/15/2018 at 10:36 AM, vincent_NJG said:

I don't think Webb or Rudolph are anything more than backup material in the NFL.  Lauletta has a chance.