Shocker54

Lets all laugh at the Giants

11 hours ago, CountBlah said:

There is always a reason for optimism with fans ?

There is also a reason why the Senior Bowl MVPs, who are drafted in round 3+, are not considered top tier NFL QB prospects.     Do QBs drafted in rounds 3+ make it to the top of the NFL?  Sure, but the odds are stacked against them, more than a 1st rounder.    Wentz wasn't picked #2 overall because he dominated 1-AA in college, he was drafted that high for potential and command of the field.   If either Web or Rudolph offered a similar package, 32 NFL scouting teams would have pushed them higher in the draft. 

And before you go all high and mighty - it's about increasing your odds of getting a REALLY good QB.  There will be plenty of busts in this years 1st round QBs,  but 32 teams agreed that the odds of the 1st round QBs panning out, were better than the odds of your 3rd/4th round QBs panning out

Well duh. By no means am I high and mighty here. Go look back in the thread. Im meh on both Lauletta and Webb. 

You don't take a qb high unless you love him. You take a qb in the top 10, you tie your franchise to him. If he fails, everyone goes down with him. The Eagles were rightfully in love with Wentz. 14 years ago, the Giants were in love with Eli. This year, Giants weren't in love with any of the prospects so they took a flier later on to compete with the flier they took last year.

The odds on either one becoming a franchise qb: Slim to none imo.

My point is why has everyone accepted that the Steelers grabbed their QB of the future in the 3rd but are claiming that the Giants are still looking?

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I don't think Webb or Rudolph are anything more than backup material in the NFL.  Lauletta has a chance.

I don't think Lauletta has enough arm. At least for Metlife. If he succeeds, it will have to be with a dome/warm weather team.

1 minute ago, vincent_NJG said:

Well duh. By no means am I high and mighty here. Go look back in the thread. Im meh on both Lauletta and Webb. 

You don't take a qb high unless you love him. You take a qb in the top 10, you tie your franchise to him. If he fails, everyone goes down with him. The Eagles were rightfully in love with Wentz. 14 years ago, the Giants were in love with Eli. This year, Giants weren't in love with any of the prospects so they took a flier later on to compete with the flier they took last year.

The odds on either one becoming a franchise qb: Slim to none imo.

My point is why has everyone accepted that the Steelers grabbed their QB of the future in the 3rd but are claiming that the Giants are still looking?

Well to be more accurate the snagged a possible QB of the future in the 3rd, while still having a top notch QB on the roster. They did this while fielding a 13 win team last season. 

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Well to be more accurate the snagged a possible QB of the future in the 3rd, while still having a top notch QB on the roster. They did this while fielding a 13 win team last season. 

A qb who is about the same age as Eli and has far more help.

How do you think Big Ben and the Steelers would have done without Antonio, Bell and DeCastro? 7-9/8-8 at best?

My point still stands. Why is Rudolph seen as a possible qb of the future but Webb/Lauletta are dismissed?

2 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

I don't think Lauletta has enough arm. At least for Metlife. If he succeeds, it will have to be with a dome/warm weather team.

He's got an NFL arm.  he'll be fine.  We're not talking Chad Pennington here.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

A qb who is about the same age as Eli and has far more help.

How do you think Big Ben and the Steelers would have done without Antonio, Bell and DeCastro? 7-9/8-8 at best?

My point still stands. Why is Rudolph seen as a possible qb of the future but Webb/Lauletta are dismissed?

Not 3 and 13

My point is if you are winning 13 games you obviously do not need to find a QB that badly. Eli looks shot to me. Maybe I am wrong. 

A team that is winning can take a flyer on a QB. Maybe he ends up a backup. Maybe a trade asset as we have done 2 or 3 times. 

15 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Not 3 and 13

My point is if you are winning 13 games you obviously do not need to find a QB that badly. Eli looks shot to me. Maybe I am wrong. 

A team that is winning can take a flyer on a QB. Maybe he ends up a backup. Maybe a trade asset as we have done 2 or 3 times. 

Eli has another year, maybe 2 left. Any team can take a flier on a qb. 

Ben would have looked pretty rough if his coach was McAdoo and his only offensive weapon was a rookie tight end.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

He's got an NFL arm.  he'll be fine.  We're not talking Chad Pennington here.

Thats actually who he reminds me off. 

17 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Eli has another year, maybe 2 left. Any team can take a flier on a qb. 

Ben would have looked pretty rough if his coach was McAdoo and his only offensive weapon was a rookie tight end.

Thats actually who he reminds me off. 

I was saying the Steelers were and are close. The Giants were and are not. My opinions obviously. When you are close and have a QB, even if he is aging, you keep going for it. Grabbing a 3rd round QB for development is more of a luxury so the Steelers are not going to be bashed for it. The Giants are not in that situation.